Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

the more I look at these, the more I like them

I like the dark finish, but they aren't my favorite of the current irons in terms of looks either. However, they were long and ultra easy to hit.

I like the dark finish, but they aren't my favorite of the current irons in terms of looks either. However, they were long and ultra easy to hit.

Long and easy are always good things when it comes to clubs..

no I thought they were pretty durable. Not as good as the Burner 2.0 but better than the X24 Hot
Agree on the looks. Do they wear off easily as CG7 BP?

I think they wear very similar to that of the CG7 BP.

JB could you take a picture of yours how they are now, so we can get an idea of the wear?

JB could you take a picture of yours how they are now, so we can get an idea of the wear?

Sure. But I dont have the BP set here right now, they are out with a local tester here.

I like classic looking clubs, not about the mass or the topine, they just are too techy for my eye. But if they work, then they work. I didnt like the AP series all that much either to be honest.
too much mass? too much offset? too thick of topline? you're such a gamer! you and your VR blades! you stud muffin! haha

seriously, what don't you like about the looks of them. they're very "ap-1/ap-2" looking to me.

I have a question JB: Seeing as the CG16 PW is 44* and you wedges start at 50*, how is the gap between the two? Barely noticable, or is there a slightly issue with it? I know 6* isn't alot, but everything before and after is a 4* gap. Just curious. Thanks!

I have a question JB: Seeing as the CG16 PW is 44* and you wedges start at 50*, how is the gap between the two? Barely noticable, or is there a slightly issue with it? I know 6* isn't alot, but everything before and after is a 4* gap. Just curious. Thanks!

I have no issues, because I can take some off my PW.

Uh oh, Ole Gray sure is showing an interest in these irons. He's been looking at our price list. He would just look odd w/o those snakes in his bag. He even had a Cleveland hat on this week. :shock:

Uh oh, Ole Gray sure is showing an interest in these irons. He's been looking at our price list. He would just look odd w/o those snakes in his bag. He even had a Cleveland hat on this week. :shock:

The Boo Camo hat? :D

I'm real excited to try these out. I hit the wedges at the outing, but not the irons and if the irons are as good as the wedges.... we may have a new winner in the bag!

View attachment 1933sorry guys pulled the attachments...photos are also on the "What's in the bag photo edition" discussion.

Last edited:
I was some impressed with my experience with the Mashit yesterday that I just had to test the CG 16 irons today. I hit the 7 iron at the PGA Show at the demo booth. I tried both the 85g steel shaft and the 55g graphite. I really enjoyed both. The steel shaft was just fantastic. Swinging the shaft on the backswing felt really easy and the downswing just flowed smoothly and I could feel the weight of the club head which I like. My striking was really good of the mat and the launch trajectory was excellent. The graphite shaft of course was supposed to lauch the ball higher but I could not tell because we were inside and the ball was hitting the net in the ceiling, but the graphite was great. one thing I noticed is my follow through seemed so much more smoother with the CG16's. My back siwng usually feels pretty good to me, but the follow through sometimes feels jerky an fast after my release. Perhaps it was the weight of the club, but I really felt like I was in a groove swinging theses.

They say the lofts are jacked on these clubs, but that does not bother me. The 7 iron wa a 31* and I think the 8 iron is 34. What impressed me most was the ease of swing and bringing these right back on plane was effortless. I thougt I loved my PINGS and Adams sticks, but Cleveland is really causing me to rethink my entire bag....again.

I am getting at least one Mashie first, then test thes irons against my current sticks. I can see the CG16's hitting my wallet making it into my bag really soon. Damn you Cleveland R&D. haha!

I have never really considered Cleveland for anything other than wedges and the Niblick. But from what I tested over the last two days I have to put them at the forefront for 2011 offerings.

SeeMoreGuy

I really really really want a set of these, not necessarily to game all the time, but just to have. Im in love with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back