Callaway golf announces new line of eyewear for 2011

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE - Prices say XX right now but I will update that later when I get those numbers.

CALLAWAY GOLF ANNOUNCES NEW LINE OF EYEWEAR FOR 2011​

New Game-Enhancing Eyewear Features NEOX Transitions SOLFX Sun Lens Technology
Designed Specifically for Golf

CARLSBAD, Calif., January 13, 2011 – Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today announced the January 17 retail availability of its 2011 line of authentic golf eyewear for men and women. Recognized worldwide for its innovative and championship-winning golf equipment, Callaway’s 2011 line of eyewear is driven by technology that is proprietary in golf and designed specifically to improve players’ visual performance on-course. By implementing game-enhancing advanced technology in sun lenses, along with a commitment to UV (sunlight) protection and authentic styles for players, the Company maintains eyewear is an integral piece of equipment that belongs in every golfer’s bag.

Callaway’s Golf’s Tour Authentic line of eyewear boasts NEOX Transitions SOLFX sun lenses, a partnership of advanced technologies designed specifically to enhance visual performance on the golf course. The lenses combine the performance technology of NEOX lenses with the photochromic technology of Transitions Optical to create golf lenses that automatically adapt in changing light situations.

“By offering lenses that seamlessly adapt to various light conditions and enhance vision throughout a round of golf, we firmly believe that eyewear is a critically important piece of equipment,” said John Melican, Senior Vice President, Soft Goods, Licensing, and New Business, Callaway Golf. “At Callaway, we continue to be 100% dedicated to providing the ultimate in performance, comfort and style for golfers.”

The NEOX Transitions SOLFX sun lenses also reduce the strain on players’ eyes by blocking 100% of UV rays. This is particularly important considering the amount of sun exposure a typical golfer experiences during a multi-hour round. The additional golf-specific benefits of each technology are outlined below:

Transitions SOLFX
Transitions SOLFX sun lenses use advanced technology that cause photochromic molecules within the sun lens to automatically adapt to the amount of UV available. The molecules automatically adjust the color and darkness of the lenses to any light conditions. Therefore, as UV light increases or decreases, which is common during a full round of golf, the lens color seamlessly optimizes to enhance the player’s vision and counteracts any distortion or depth of field problems.

1160686873_RHyFX-M.jpg

NEOX Technology
NEOX technology is an advanced formula engineered to sharpen depth perception for more accurate distance vision. By allowing the appropriate amount of light through the lens while blocking harmful rays, NEOX technology offers superior distance clarity so golfers can more clearly see the course terrain, better examine the contours of a green while putting, and easily track golf ball flight.

1160686870_sSH7o-M.jpg

Dedicated to providing authentic golf styling for all players, Callaway Golf is offering an unmatched portfolio of quality eyewear in 2011. For men, key models include the high-performance Tour Authentic FT-iH (MSRP $199.99), the lightweight RAZR Hyperlite (MSRP $124.99), and the “street style” Diablo Octane (MSRP $94.99). For women, the comfortable Diablo X-Hot (MSRP $74.99) and the fashionable Solaire Solstice (MSRP $124.99) reveal Callaway’s dedication to both form and function. Callaway Golf eyewear can be found at golf retailers nationwide, at select optometrists and online at www.shop.callawaygolf.com

For more information on Callaway Golf’s complete lineup of equipment, apparel, footwear, eyewear, and accessories, please visit www.callawaygolf.com.

Last edited:
Nice looking shades. Do you happen to know if they are available with prescription?

I really like the look of the new line. I was a fan of last years models as well, but these just look better to me.

Sadly as one who wears glasses, these are not for me. They look really nice though! I like the smoke lens the best.

i've never worn sunglasses on the golf course, it just doesn't work for me at all. i focus on them too much.

Exact opposite. I rarely go without. I liked the Edge series from last year and would assume that this years line is great.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

I think some of the pros were testing these out at the AT&T last year....they're slick looking shades. Love the lightweight design

I always wear sunglasses and these look intriguing to me. I wonder which ones the Ken doll is wearing?

I like the look and I am intrigued by the NEOX technology. I would guess these may be expensive

I owned one pair of Callaway sunglasses a couple of years ago. They didn't make half the year until they broke right where the lens is screwed to the bridge. Worse $150 I spent in some time. JMO of course

I owned one pair of Callaway sunglasses a couple of years ago. They didn't make half the year until they broke right where the lens is screwed to the bridge. Worse $150 I spent in some time. JMO of course

Wow, did you contact the company? I mean they were still under warranty at that point and I am sure with how great their customer service is that you would have had a replacement no issues.

they look alright, like JB, I was a fan of last years line. The Neox technology is interesting, I wouldn't mind trying these.

These look ok, I don't like them or dislike them. I can't play in glasses though bugs the hell out of me, as it does when people wear them upside down and backwards on the back of their hat. I'm talking to you Mahan.

Wow, did you contact the company? I mean they were still under warranty at that point and I am sure with how great their customer service is that you would have had a replacement no issues.

I did thru my home course, where I bought them. The offer was for another pair or a credit and I took the credit. There is a very small screw that goes thru the lens in the nose bridge. This all that holds the lens to the bridge, in a small slot. They said this design was a issue at that time with the lens cracking first at that point and then breaking completely later on, like mine did.
I would hope they have corrected that problem by now.

Any idea if they're polarized? I need new sunglasses to wear with my contacts, but I refuse to buy any pair that isn't polarized.

Any idea if they're polarized? I need new sunglasses to wear with my contacts, but I refuse to buy any pair that isn't polarized.

I think the NEOX stuff is something thats supposed to be better suited for golf. They say polarized is bad for reading greens, etc. and just not all that great to wear golfing but great for driving.

They are pretty cool. I'm more interested in the lense technology. I have transition lense that I do like quite a bit for golf.

Not bad looking glasses .
Just wish I didnt not wear tri-focals now as I miss my high dollar Oakley's with the fire lenses , those things just killed all the haze and you could easily see the ball in the air , also made reading greens easy as those lenses made everything more defined .
I have the transition's on my glasses now but they dont cut through the haze just get dark for shielding your eyes .
Wish I could wear contacts but I can not stand anything in my eyes :(

The lenses on my Edge pair are VERY sharp. They are not my favorite in really bright conditions, but for anything else they are great.

Could we maybe see a comparison between these and some Tifosi ones that claim to do the same thing at an affordable price?

I like that transitions tech. I wish more sunglass companies did that. I'm also curious about the Tifosi's that I see in some clubhouses.

Back