2011 Cobra S3 Driver Review

Someone better check on Ole Gray....this might have done him in once and for all. Great looking club, yet another nice option for those seeking drivers in 2011! WOW!

Someone better check on Ole Gray....this might have done him in once and for all. Great looking club, yet another nice option for those seeking drivers in 2011! WOW!

Yeahh... I think I regret buying my driver now.
Since this is my first "new club release season" I really hope it isn't this good every year, so I don't regret my last year's purchases the next year, every year. This is going to be a depressing, expensive sport I see..

Love the looks of this one. I'm anxious to see how it performs. The Blur shaft really has me intrigued as well.

And with the same adapter my RIP would transfer....not good for my marriage haha

Looks like a great driver, looking forward to checking it out at the outing if available.

I have never even hit a Cleveland driver but I just might give this one a try someday.

I love the looks, and I know all Cobra drivers are long...but I keep thinking this thing would have looked way better with a blacked out face. Awesome looking club regardless, and I look forward to seeing how it performs (although there is no way the Supertri is coming out of the bag).

Because their are no grooves on the sweet spot it should lower your RPMs right?

The face looks different with no grooves on the sweet spot not bad, just different. There is something else about the face thats different but, i dont know what it is. I hit th S2 and ZL and, i didnt care much for either but, maybe the S3 will agree with my swing a little bit better, cant wait to hear your review JB.

If everyone keeps quiet, this thread will drop down to the bottom of the list before Ole Gray gets home from playing golf. Maybe he won't ever see it and we'll save $300-$400!!!

If everyone keeps quiet, this thread will drop down to the bottom of the list before Ole Gray gets home from playing golf. Maybe he won't ever see it and we'll save $300-$400!!!

I think you may be too late KellyBo. Rumor has it that Gray is already en route to Orlando to pick up that club from THP Headquarters

I have never even hit a Cleveland driver but I just might give this one a try someday.

Then you still won't have hit one- since this is a Cobra! LOL

The high face reminds me of the L5V. The S2 is a bomber but felt pretty harsh to hit, at least for me, maybe the S3 will improve that. I understand the S3Max sounds like an L4V. Literally a 'cannon'!

I really like the looks of this driver! Please let this beauty be at the outing :thumb: I have a good feeling about this pretty little snake :golf2:

Last edited:
I really like the looks of this driver! Please let this beauty will be at the outing :thumb: I have a good feeling about this pretty little snake :golf2:

HAHAHAH! Just turned to GG and said I wonder if Ole Gray has ever said he didn't like the looks of a Cobra product. Nice timing.

HAHAHAH! Just turned to GG and said I wonder if Ole Gray has ever said he didn't like the looks of a Cobra product. Nice timing.

Well heck yea :thumb: This dawg will hunt for sure. I wonder how the deep fade will affect the ball flight? I know the Pro D S9 driver had a deep face which promoted more of a piercing ball flignt. The Pro S driver had a bit more of a higher ball flight.

Well heck yea :thumb: This dawg will hunt for sure. I wonder how the deep fade will affect the ball flight? I know the Pro D S9 driver had a deep face which promoted more of a piercing ball flignt. The Pro S driver had a bit more of a higher ball flight.

Geez there Gray, you're just a walking Cobra encyclopedia! Will that shiny new C. Kua shaft maybe be getting a new home?

Geez there Gray, you're just a walking Cobra encyclopedia! Will that shiny new C. Kua shaft maybe be getting a new home?

That shiney new C Kua shaft is now setting in a SuperTri head and still in a testing phase. KellyBo and I both hit it and our thoughts will be coming up soon. I have a TM Superfast head that might be ordered soon to replace the SuperTri head. Just a bit more testing prior to our thoughts.

Yep I have been around the snake den for quite a few years so I am somewhat of an expert :D. I talked to my inhouse birdie who told me the S2 head might not be a good balance for the C Kua shaft so it is being tested only in the TM products.

That shiney new C Kua shaft is now setting in a SuperTri head and still in a testing phase. KellyBo and I both hit it and our thoughts will be coming up soon. I have a TM Superfast head that might be ordered soon to replace the SuperTri head. Just a bit more testing prior to our thoughts.

Yep I have been around the snake den for quite a few years so I am somewhat of an expert :D. I talked to my inhouse birdie who told me the S2 head might not be a good balance for the C Kua shaft so it is being tested only in the TM products.

Wow, your inhouse birdie at Cobra said that huh? Hmmmm, I think someone else said that 2 days ago too, but I guess his input does not count as much as an in house birdie. :act-up:

Wow, your inhouse birdie at Cobra said that huh? Hmmmm, I think someone else said that 2 days ago too, but I guess his input does not count as much as an in house birdie. :act-up:

Hmmmm you know who that inhouse Birdie is good buddy & it's not from the Cobra bird house :cool:

Edit: Thanks JB for the discussion we had via PM the other night, regarding the proper shaft/head fit. The S2 Cobra head may have been close to working with the C Kua but in the end, I agreed that your advice was good and that'swhat I went with.

Last edited:
Looks good. I hope does not sound too loud. I liked the L4V's forgiveness in the past, but could not get past the sound...

Pretty sleek looking and the face looks deep. I have the same curiosity about the sound as well. Hopefully it'll be there for the outing.

Good looking stick. Interested to see how it performs.

Looks good. I hope does not sound too loud. I liked the L4V's forgiveness in the past, but could not get past the sound...

Pretty sleek looking and the face looks deep. I have the same curiosity about the sound as well. Hopefully it'll be there for the outing.

I play the S2 and it has no loud baseball bat sound at all. Sounds the best of any Cobra drivers ever in my opinion. If the S3 is as good, it will have a well struck golf shot sound.

I see it looks similar, can anyone confirm if the shaft sleeve adapter is the same/compatible with the S2? I have an S2 with a Diamana Blueboard 73. If the shafts are interchangeable, I'm all in.

I really like the stated technology behind the expanded, elliptical sweet-spot. I fall right into their target as my usual miss is a bit high out toward the toe and occassionally a bit low toward the heel. I like the S2 but the traits of the S3 have me intrigued.

Back