2012 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Thread (Spoilers)

What's a MDF?

Explanation here:

Made (Cut) Didn't Finish
In a 4-round tournament, after two days a certain number of golfers are disqualified based on score and leave unpaid. The top 70 (and ties) play on over the weekend and are guaranteed at least some money. If the number of ties pushes the number too high, all golfers involved in the tie are given an MDF and are treated as if they made the cut and get paid, but do not play on. Starting in 2008, rather than making them leave, they played on and a second cut was administered after the third round.

Tiger goes low today, Phil doesn't, and Tiger might pull it off.

Tiger goes low today, Phil doesn't, and Tiger might pull it off.

I think Wi falls. He shot a 69 when he played Pebble before, but I think he drops a few more shots this time. I bet Paddy wins today.

I think Wi falls. He shot a 69 when he played Pebble before, but I think he drops a few more shots this time. I bet Paddy wins today.

I think it will be a challenge for Wi to hold onto that lead. Would not mind seeing Paddy win but starting 3 back from Tiger tells me that he will have to shoot at least 7 under as I would be surprised if TW does not shoot 3 or 4 under today. Paddy was in great position yesterday until he gave 3 strokes back over the last 3 holes.

I would just love to see a phil/Tiger battle. What I mean is the final group falls and it comes down to the par 5 18th(go for it or not Tiger hehe)

I would just love to see a phil/Tiger battle. What I mean is the final group falls and it comes down to the par 5 18th(go for it or not Tiger hehe)

Agreed. The Tiger/Phil pairing will go one of two ways: either both go HAM or both lay turd, nothing in between.

Damn I hope this is good today.

Kindle Fire Forged

Agreed TC. Theyll go HAM or ham.

Various_Artists_Biggie_Madness-front.jpg
VS.
ham_icon.jpg

Pretty sure Charlie Stack and Tilt Wii is going to go Robert Rock on these guys today. He's due. 69 or 70 will be good enough to get it done. That should bring the Stack and Tilt back to prominence.

Kevin

I hope my replacing Maggert with Laird doesn't cost me a start for Laird since he got an MDF.

I hope my replacing Maggert with Laird doesn't cost me a start for Laird since he got an MDF.
That would really blow Smalls, I hope they don't count that agains you.

Should not cost you a start unless that person actually plays.

Pretty sure Charlie Stack and Tilt Wii is going to go Robert Rock on these guys today. He's due. 69 or 70 will be good enough to get it done. That should bring the Stack and Tilt back to prominence.

Kevin

Yea, I actually think Charlie holds up well today. Like you said he doesnt have to go low today to win, Pebble is not playing hard right now either. I would be surprised if he doesnt shoot under par today.

Watching the pre-game on TGC, and I think their word of the day is Penultimate. Heard it three time in less than 10 minutes.

Paddy took a double on hole 2 (par 5). Picking up where he left off yesterday.

Watching the pre-game on TGC, and I think their word of the day is Penultimate. Heard it three time in less than 10 minutes.
That's odd, because yesterday's round was the penultimate.

The lowest tiger has ever shot while paired with Phil is 67 or 68. I hope he goes lower.

Lets hope his Pebble record overshadows that one.

True...a very British word, like fortnight.

Penultimate - when "Next to Last" doesn't sound important enough.

Hope they show a little bit of Tiger today

Yeah but now Tigger and Phil are in the penultimate group. That makes it of utter importance. I think. Wi just bogeyed. Lol.

Charlie Wi choking already, nice.

Wi doubles the first, LMAO. Here we go!

LOL 3 putt from 3 feet, wtf.

Back