2012 Cross Pro Jacket Review Thread

War Eagle was rocking this today in red. Now that's a sweet jacket!

I'm sure it kept him dry in that early morning drizzle....

I saw this jacket yesterday on my boy, War Eagle. All I could say is 'that is a nice jacket!' I mean it really is pleasing to the eye. Sounds like there is a great deal of function built in as well.

It was good to see cross give his thread some Twitter love this morning.

I must say. My jacket was overmatched today running errands in the 20* weather. Not surprising given the weight of it, but I had to give it a shot.

It was in the mid 30's for my tee time and topped out about 45 today with some wind.
I had a UA heatgear shirt on under the jacket today for warmth but I thought it did a great job with the wind, and with the base layer I was wearing I was comfortable today.

Doesn't seem noisy to me, no more then any other jacket that I would wear.
Really glad to hear, I hate when jackets have that overly loud crackle.

The weather here has been cold and rainy. Its quite depressing but I have been leaning on my Cross jacket to get me through this hard time. Still super impressed. Comfort and style. what more does a man need

The weather here has been cold and rainy. Its quite depressing but I have been leaning on my Cross jacket to get me through this hard time. Still super impressed. Comfort and style. what more does a man need

Agreed man. I wore both of mine over the holidays as we got a nice snowstorm and not only did it keep me dry but I got several comments about how great it looked.

Not getting out of the 50's this weekend and while dry, I will still have this on as my "wind breaker/outer layer".

You guys are spot on.
It was pretty windy out for my round on Saturday and the jacket lived up to its amazing reputation once again. This thing can really stop the wind and its so lightweight you don't even know you're wearing it

It sounds like the Cross Pro Jacket could not only be a new golf jacket for me but a great cold/wind weather jacket for all the time.

Agreed man. I wore both of mine over the holidays as we got a nice snowstorm and not only did it keep me dry but I got several comments about how great it looked.

Not getting out of the 50's this weekend and while dry, I will still have this on as my "wind breaker/outer layer".
I do the same thing. windbreaker/rain
You guys are spot on.
It was pretty windy out for my round on Saturday and the jacket lived up to its amazing reputation once again. This thing can really stop the wind and its so lightweight you don't even know you're wearing it
I agree buddy!

Great thoughts guys! Glad the jacket is living up to initial looks and thoughts

While I did not have the joy of playing in the rain this past weekend, I was able to get in 36 holes in some cooler breezy conditions.

Saturday:

Winds at a consistent 10 MPH - never got out of the mid 40's.

For this round, I wore a golf shirt, Nike compression sleeves, and my Cross jacket. Everything felt good leaving the house, but as soon as I stepped onto the first tee and the open air hit me - it was a bit chilly. This is no fault of the jacket mind you, any other jacket that does not block out the wind as well as this one and I would have been quite a bit chillier. Essentially, there was just a chill in the air that affected me overall but the jacket did a great job of not allowing that chilly wind to make it worse than it already was.

Sunday:

Winds around 10 again, upper 30's to start getting up to around the lower 50's

I was a bit smarter yesterday and wore a Nike long sleeve compression shirt under my golf shirt followed by my Cross jacket over the top. Arrived at Nate's course to a frost delay - he lives further north than me so it was closer to 34 or so when I arrived up there. Impressive to say the least, but I was great outside of my hands and face. The compression shirt did a great job of maintaining the warmth of my core and the jacket kept the chilly wind from getting to me.

Not a single time did I have an issue with the jacket inhibiting my swing. It is roomy enough through the sleeves and torso that I simply don't have to think about it when out there.

On the 5th hole, I also got some nice comments about how sharp the jacket looked. It is definitely a great looking piece of not just golfing gear - but a jacket I believe for almost any condition if you layer up properly.

Can't thank Cross Golf enough for letting us provide some feedback on these, I really am enjoying it as my "go to" piece of gear if any jacket is needed at all!

Good review Cookie... Did you have any experience with using the elastic pull near the hood? Curious to see how effective it was keeping the chill off your neck.

Good review Cookie... Did you have any experience with using the elastic pull near the hood? Curious to see how effective it was keeping the chill off your neck.

Good question and honestly I did not even think to use it. I used it while doing the rain/monsoon test but failed to even think about it this weekend.

Next weekend looks pretty questionable weather wise so I will definitely give it a go and report back.

While I did not have the joy of playing in the rain this past weekend, I was able to get in 36 holes in some cooler breezy conditions.

Saturday:

For this round, I wore a golf shirt, Nike compression sleeves, and my Cross jacket. Everything felt good leaving the house, but as soon as I stepped onto the first tee and the open air hit me - it was a bit chilly. This is no fault of the jacket mind you, any other jacket that does not block out the wind as well as this one and I would have been quite a bit chillier. Essentially, there was just a chill in the air that affected me overall but the jacket did a great job of not allowing that chilly wind to make it worse than it already was.

Sunday:

I was a bit smarter yesterday and wore a Nike long sleeve compression shirt under my golf shirt followed by my Cross jacket over the top. Arrived at Nate's course to a frost delay - he lives further north than me so it was closer to 34 or so when I arrived up there. Impressive to say the least, but I was great outside of my hands and face. The compression shirt did a great job of maintaining the warmth of my core and the jacket kept the chilly wind from getting to me.

Not a single time did I have an issue with the jacket inhibiting my swing. It is roomy enough through the sleeves and torso that I simply don't have to think about it when out there.

On the 5th hole, I also got some nice comments about how sharp the jacket looked. It is definitely a great looking piece of not just golfing gear - but a jacket I believe for almost any condition if you layer up properly.

Can't thank Cross Golf enough for letting us provide some feedback on these, I really am enjoying it as my "go to" piece of gear if any jacket is needed at all!
Great info there cookie.

I am seeing what you are with this jacket. Its not gonna keep you extremely warm, but it will knock off on the wind chill. And its a rain jacket.

Great info there cookie.

I am seeing what you are with this jacket. Its not gonna keep you extremely warm, but it will knock off on the wind chill. And its a rain jacket.

I really like the dual action of this jacket!

I really like the dual action of this jacket!
Me too buddy. It really is a super comfortable jacket, Cookies video showed how well it does as a rain jacket. And most of the guys that have talked about the jacket have commented on how it is a pretty good wind breaker. The lining on the inside of the jacket is very soft and comfortable. It is really proving to be a nice jacket.

I haven't played a round without this jacket since it came in, as its been fairly chilly.
It has worked well at keeping the wind out and its so lightweight that when it's colder I just wear a base layer of UA and a golf shirt then the jacket and have stayed very comfortable.

Got to play with Cookie yesterday. The jacket looked like a good fit that wouldn't inhibit any swings. There was not stiffness to it, at all. Looked pretty comfortable.

The versatility of this jacket is really great to see. I love that it is great as a wind breaker and as a rain jacket. Really solid.

Saturday:

Sunday:

Great info cookie, it's good to know the jacket is invisible while playing, the worst is when you're worried about clothing getting in the way of a swing!

good info and reviews in here.... i really love how these look and seem to work really well. i think i'd even wear this jacket off the golf course as well.

Back