2012 Cross Pro Jacket Review Thread

Sorry, can't at this time, but I heard Cross has some pretty cool things they want to do with social media for the new year.

That's awesome, I can't wait to see what's coming next from then, especially on social media!!!

Just got home from the gym a few minutes ago and its pretty nasty out. Very windy, putting down the rain, aka a perfect time to do a little field testing.
I was already wearing the jacket but grabbed the Sam hat and the dog and we headed over to the mailbox.

The picture of the hat is poor iphoneography (will have to speak the the mrs about that) but you can see how the rain just beads up on both of these like a freshly waxed car.
The jacket is amazing and keeps you warm and dry and the hat did a better job than I even imagined it would.

Cross Pro-M.jpg
Cross Sam-M.jpg

I love these products and know that they will get some solid use in windy conditions and will work great. I typically don't head out to play in the rain but if I'm going and theres a chance of rain both of these guys will certainly be in tow.
good stuff!! Thanks for the update and the rainy mailbox walk.

Very excited to see what Cross Golf has in store for 2013!!

I did wear my new jacket this morning while running some errands and then to the course where it had to come off during my range warm up due to getting too warm. Few random thoughts:

- TexasHacker34 (Taylor) immediately commented how great this looked as soon as I stepped out of my vehicle
- this is very lightweight. Does a great job of blocking the wind but I don't view it as something that is intended to keep you warm. Put a sweatshirt on underneath it and you will have some warmth plus wind blocking.
- Velcro wrist straps are great. I have small wrists and sometimes I can't get the straps tight enough because I run out of area for the Velcro to attach. Not the case here, can tighten these snugly.

I really view this as a rain jacket or wind jacket. I don't play much in rain but that needs to be tested.

I will have another post up tomorrow after some additional testing takes place......should be fun! :D

Well well, I've got a package waiting for me when I get home. Can't wait to get my hands on this jacket and hat!

these jackets look great. awesome that Cross sent these out to the MC guys!

Seriously is. I love how much they are really embracing the event. Awesome to see.

Very nice demo of a rain shower. I bet your sin loved it. I will say I really do like the jacket. Looks like it performed quite well. Good job.

I did indeed get my jacket last night and my first thought was WOW this is nice. I got the blue and it is between a royal and a navy blue. By far the nicest jacket in my wardrobe. I'll get some more details and pics tonight.

Cookie that was awesome.

Whoops, took a divot.

How about the face?

Two memorial quotes that stuck out. I was dying laughing watching that. What a solid looking product by Cross Golf by the way!!

It rained everyday day, we even had sideways rain....nicely done forest cookie

Nice video... will have to keep that in mind the next sideways typhoon I'm out playing in!! Hope you replaced your divot there...

Cookie gets an A+ for that review. Great stuff and really good info dude. That jacket/hat combo seems awesome for staying dry!

That's awesome cookie, nicely done!!!

LMAO Cookie! That was well done, dude. Took it in the face, looked painful.

That was actually really well done Cookie.

Nice review Cookie, looks like a great jacket. I can't imagine it was too tough to get your son to come spray you with the hose.

Cookie you're a champ. Great test and wow that jacket does a great job!

I wore mine all around today, worked like a charm in the 40 degree weather. That included some decent walks from the car to the stores too.

I think that was an awesome job Cookie! Well played!!! Also, I was kind of hoping your white shirt got really wet. :)

I wore my jacket saturday over a sweater, the purpose of me wearing the jacket was not to keep the rain off because there was no rain, I wanted to use it to keep the wind out and I will say that there was not one time all day where I was cold. I didnt even wear a beanie or hat because the rest of my body was so warm. So, although I didnt use this for the intended rain use I will say this jacket does a great job of keeping the wind out.

The one negative I did find with the jacket is that the sleeves are pretty long, I had to velcro the sleeves so they wouldnt ride down on the butt of the club. Which did happen once. I didnt know it was there and my hand had pushed the sleeve up against the grip, so when I went to swing...it really affected my swing and thought process. The simple fix was to just tighten it.

I will say that in 33 holes of wearing the jacket I did not notice it during my swing at all. I was able to swing freely and there was not a lot of noise. I was very impressed with this jacket for those conditions. and i tlooks like as far as rain goes it should perform just fine...referring to Cookies video.

Back