2012 Cross Pro Jacket Review Thread

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THP has spent some time with this jacket and now we know 8 lucky golfers will have the chance to try this jacket too.

This will be a place where they can discuss their experience with the jacket.

Here is the URL to the jacket we will be reviewing for Cross Golf: http://crossgolfapparel.com/menswear/pro-jacket-8308.html

Feature overview from the site:

Fabric: 2L FTX stretch
Sizes: S-XXXL
Fit: Regular

Pre-shaped sleeves
WR zipper at front
Adjustable collar width
Zippered inner security pocket
Two fleece lined front pockets with protective
plackets
Elastic drawstring waist for single hand
width adjustment
Velcro tab width adjuster at sleeve hem
Micro fleece chin guard

Curious what FTX is? More info from Cross Golf:

When you see a garment with the FTX™ logo, you can be assured that a lot of thought and work went into the process of choosing and combining the right outer fabric with the right membrane to fulfil the identified need. FTX™ is never a fabric OR a membrane, it is always the ultimate combination of both.

A nice little box just made it's way to my house today courtesy of Cross Golf! Contained within it was the 2012 Cross Pro Jacket, red, in a size large along with a black sam bucket hat, size large as well.

When the wife gets home, I will ask the wife to snap a few of this gear on and I will post those as well. Can't say enough thanks to Cross Golf for getting these to us for review, I was shocked and blown away!!

Front of jacket:
DSC_0854.jpg

Back of jacket:
DSC_0850.jpg

Zipper detail:
DSC_0849.jpg

Inside pocket:
DSC_0852.jpg

Sam hat:
DSC_0853.jpg

Initial thoughts:

- Craftsmanship is TOP notch
- The zipper for the front of the jacket and outside pockets use a drysuit type zipper. For those that have ever done watersports in cold water and have worn a drysuit knows how critical it is to stay dry. Water will NOT get through these zippers. Very cool!
- The tightening mechanism on the back of the neck is something I really like. Will allow you to adjust the tightness to keep water out and heat in, very smart move on the design of this.

Last edited:
This lucky golfer was walking out the door to work this morning and had a package at the door.
I had to go back inside and open it up as I wasn't expecting anything.
I found an awesome Cross Pro Jacket and Sam Hat inside.
Looks like Cross is wanting their Morgan Cup team to make sure we keep practicing over the winter.

CrossProJacket-M.jpg

I will try it on and give some more thoughts this afternoon after I get home but first impressions leave me saying WOW!

Oh....

I'm excited.

what?! get outta here!
that's awesome dhill! you Cleveland staffers sure are some lucky bums!
enjoy that jacket and hat - they look too awesome!

That is a good looking jacket!!!

Um, Guess I'm gonna be waiting for the mailman today

great looking jacket Dhill, looking forward to seeing everyone elses too

Wow, congrats to the eight lucky golfers. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

This is great guys, looking forward to seeing what this jacket can do here in the Ohio cold/rain.

Cleveland staffers getting some winter swag! Very nice guys!

Wow!! That is awesome! Cross in the deep end!

THP has spent some time with this jacket and now we know 8 lucky golfers will have the chance to try this jacket too.

This will be a place where they can discuss their experience with the jacket.

Whew!!!! I feel so incredibly fortunate to be a Cleveland/Srixon/Cross staffer right now. Words escape me.

Very cool. Looking forward to hear more about their gear.

Looks sharp! Nothing like a good jacket to make winter golf a little more bearable. Hope they treat you guys well.

Awesome stuff Cleveland staffers!

I think this may be one of the greatest ideas ever. Give your golfers some winter gear and let them get to work.

How awesome. Enjoy y'all I can't wait to find out what you all think! Big props to Cross.

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

UPS man, where are youuuuu?

Congrats Cleve staffers! Awesome!

Congrats gents! Jacket looks great and I can't wait to hear about how it performs.

That is a sweet looking coat. Can't wait to hear how it works for all of you

Back