2012 Morgan Cup Coverage

I am continuing to put this coverage together and there is just so much great stuff. Its going to be lengthy, but worth it and I know a few things will get cut, but most of it will be scene. Going from 6 groups to 8 groups each playing their own ball has made the editing side a little more "interesting", but GG did a fantastic job of getting me all the usable content and there is so much great stuff from every player.

Lol, not From me dude

So tell us why it wasn't entertaining to you. Was it the quality of the golf, or that you already knew which team had won, or something else? Your opinion may be in the minority on here, but if you provide constructive criticism, it could lead to improvements for future events.

Full disclosure: when I started on here, I posted some views that were contrary to what pretty much everyone else was saying on here. In one thread, I posted that I was just going to shut my mouth and not post again because I didn't feel like my views were accepted. After that, I had people send me messages that told me to stick around, and that all opinions would be valued. Try to look at this issue with that perspective.

Thanks Ary. I honestly don't know what it was. Maybe my expectations were so astronomically high that nothing could've stood up to them. I'd think that may tend to happen when the excitement has been building up for so long. I still want to see you guys golf and I want to see the outcomes of the matches because I care about it. Contrary to what was wrongly taken to my post, I do care about this event and what it means to the forum.

Thanks for the kind words at the end too. Sometimes people here can make you feel like you shouldn't voice your opinion. I guess I'll just continue to do so and take what comes with it.

I am continuing to put this coverage together and there is just so much great stuff. Its going to be lengthy, but worth it and I know a few things will get cut, but most of it will be scene. Going from 6 groups to 8 groups each playing their own ball has made the editing side a little more "interesting", but GG did a fantastic job of getting me all the usable content and there is so much great stuff from every player.
I cant wait to watch the footage of #15.

I got some serious catching up to do. Looking forward to Day 1 coverage.

All the volunteers and players alike did an amazing job and 99.9% of the people were likely very entertained. Don't worry about it broski.

I agree!!! War, you guys did an amazing job. It was so much more than I thought it could be. Not would be. There is a difference. And once the coverage over I can really say my thoughts. I dont want to disclose anything so I will leave it at that.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Par 5 with waste area down left side of hole?

You were with us that entire hole I believe. Cool golf hole IMO.

I got some serious catching up to do. Looking forward to Day 1 coverage.

Day 1 coverage was yesterday. Day 2 coverage was today. Tomorrow is final round coverage.

I havent gotten to the part of that in the editing, but I cant wait and I will be including it.

Sheesh Bradd! That was excellent. I have no doubt your grandpa was there with you, you were calm, cool and collected and it will show in the coverage I'm sure of it.

My playing partners were a big reason for the round being so special as well

Thanks Ary. I honestly don't know what it was. Maybe my expectations were so astronomically high that nothing could've stood up to them. I'd think that may tend to happen when the excitement has been building up for so long. I still want to see you guys golf and I want to see the outcomes of the matches because I care about it. Contrary to what was wrongly taken to my post, I do care about this event and what it means to the forum.

Thanks for the kind words at the end too. Sometimes people here can make you feel like you shouldn't voice your opinion. I guess I'll just continue to do so and take what comes with it.

To your last point, people can get emotionally invested in things, and sometimes not want to hear contrasting viewpoints. I can understand that, but sometimes attacking people for their less popular views can chase people away from the site, and that's not what we're all about here.

In terms of the coverage, I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm sure there will be a lot of emotional moments on the screen, and some great shots as well. The play was not amazing in my match from anyone out there, so hopefully they found some good shots to show. I know that some other groups really played well on the final day.

THis is my hope for the next MC, but it all depends on if there would be enough equipment or not. But having one volunteer per group would be awesome so that entire holes could be filmed, etc. I was nervous during the rounds that I would miss some shots, and just had to realize that it would happen, but I was trying to get all over the place to get as much as I could.

^^ agreed
Like you explained we were running back and forth trying at best to get every shot possible.
Many times due to keep play moving some shot's were missed not always due to bad language. (Chunky)hehe

Any group in particular?

I'm still upset that I didn't birdie that hole on Sunday, stupid short game.

I have to say that watching a lot of the coverage today brought back a lot of excitement and emotion. As exciting as the weekend was, there were times that were emotional as well as we built these bonds with each other. As others have mentioned, there wasn't a dry eye in the room when David proposed. When we would hit exciting shots we would each cheer for each other, and it was such an amazing feeling so have so many people, including opponents, really root each other on. I am most excited about tomorrows coverage because it was probably the most emotional day for me. The first couple of rounds I played with a partner so I had someone in the cart with me all day. Sunday was singles, and TC and Tim were nice enough to let me have my own cart so my wife could ride with me a little bit. But going up to my ball on my own without a playing partner there I was thinking a lot about my grandpa, and I felt such a peace out there on the golf course all day feeling like he was right there with me more than any other day. Walking up to the 18th green I was trying to hold back tears. He was walking up to the green with me.

Sunday was a very special round to me. It was special because of the people I played with, the family I had around me, and because I knew the weekend was sadly coming to an end. I hope you all enjoy the coverage of the final round. I hope our excitement, happiness, sadness, and emotion shows through in the coverage because I think we all let it all out on Sunday.

Can't wait for tomorrows coverage to start....

Just getting caught up here. Bradd, that was a very special post and I just wanted to say thank you to you and your family again for their support out there. That was so very very cool of them to cheer for us as well. It was an extremely special round and it exemplified exactly what this place is about.

Par 5 with waste area down left side of hole?

You were with us that entire hole I believe. Cool golf hole IMO.
Yes, I was with you guys that entire hole. You had some AWESOME shots on that hole. Wow.

I havent gotten to the part of that in the editing, but I cant wait and I will be including it.
Awesome, I am glad it's included.

It's fine to have an opinion, but think about what you are saying. Coming from a guy that has had a number of negative things to say about the event going back a couple of months will lead those reading your opinion to interpret in a way that you may not intend. Think twice and post once. Or maybe three times. Constructive criticism is a good thing and THP has always used it to improve events. Vague comments are essentially useless for that purpose.

My playing partners were a big reason for the round being so special as well

Dude, it was like TC and I got to be part of your family for a round!! Your grandmother wanted to take TC home with her haahaha. Those are moments that you never forget bud.

Man I need to get this DVD so I can join in the conversation! Work firewalls FOR the LOSS

Dude, it was like TC and I got to be part of your family for a round!! Your grandmother wanted to take TC home with her haahaha. Those are moments that you never forget bud.

What is it with those Calloway boys? Bradd's family wants to take TC home, and my parents almost left me in MB so that they could take One-T home. I don't understand it. :alien:

What is it with those Calloway boys? Bradd's family wants to take TC home, and my parents almost left me in MB so that they could take One-T home. I don't understand it. :alien:

Whatever "it" is they have it in spades.

It's fine to have an opinion, but think about what you are saying. Coming from a guy that has had a number of negative things to say about the event going back a couple of months will lead those reading your opinion to interpret in a way that you may not intend. Think twice and post once. Or maybe three times. Constructive criticism is a good thing and THP has always used it to improve events. Vague comments are essentially useless for that purpose.

This is a very good post.

Because we want to see other people be successful on the golf course. We've always been that way. I am competitive but when it comes to golf I'm only competitive against old man par.

They are just the best. Simply stated.

Because we want to see other people be successful on the golf course. We've always been that way. I am competitive but when it comes to golf I'm only competitive against old man par.

Is that Ole Gray's nickname? Or is it Old Man River?

There are two things I can say I bothered about the coverage are:
1: The sound wasn't always the best, but really for the most part a non issue. And I understand the difficulties of getting good sound from those conditions.
2: So much of it got cut out.

Other wise I loved it. Can't wait to get the DVD and watch more of it.

~edit~ edited to more accurately say how i felt.

Back