2012 WGC - Cadillac Championship [Spoilers]

Tiger is 0-2 so far on the Florida swing Freddie :)

Congrats to Rosey! I like that dude. Looks like he's making sure he plays in the Ryder Cup to.

Congrats to Rosey! I like that dude. Looks like he's making sure he plays in the Ryder Cup to.

Rose is an awesome dude. After he won the 09 AT&T he made sure he thanked everyone he could find at Aronimink before heading to his presser.

A better guy couldn't have won. Rose is a class act and his game seems to be really clicking the past year. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him in contention at Augusta this year.

DOH! of the day. I had John Senden on my bench. Dude lapped my Marty Kaymer pick. Tigger WD hurts too. With a WD, do you lose the points you earned from earlier rounds? Not sure I have ever started a guy that had to WD before.

DOH! of the day. I had John Senden on my bench. Dude lapped my Marty Kaymer pick. Tigger WD hurts too. With a WD, do you lose the points you earned from earlier rounds? Not sure I have ever started a guy that had to WD before.

Nope, just no 4th round points.

Team Hackers tapping!

Nope, just no 4th round points.

Team Hackers tapping!
I would rather have that then have Webb crap the bed like he did for my team today.

I would rather have that then have Webb crap the bed like he did for my team today.

With you there. But, I had Sergio on the pine, so I had bed crappers everywhere. Webb, Tigger, and Kaymer all crapped the bed for me. I had Rory going, but Senden on the bench.

Well made for an exciting few holes.

Caught the end of the tv coverage, looked like a wild ride. Bit of a shock to see the leaders fall off like that. Bubba +2, Keegan +3.
Hated to see a putt like that on 18. After that approach, I really expected him to ram that in the back. Or at least to show some real emotion when it missed, didn't seem to bother him that much.
Ah, well. A certain amount of equanimity is probably needed to play golf at that level. Bubba will be hard not to pick next tourney.

Ended up not really hurting the TW starters anyways. He was +3 when he WD and best round was -7 so he was already 10 shots back and not looking to score points anyways.

Team Hackers tapping!

Well my reign at #1 lasted a whopping 24 hours...lol....they readjusted the scores and Keagan got the big "goose egg" today....I knew I should have went with Kuchar

Well my reign at #1 lasted a whopping 24 hours...lol....they readjusted the scores and Keagan got the big "goose egg" today....I knew I should have went with Kuchar

I warned you!

But seriously, I don't think it's done yet. I had Rory, who finished third, but has not been credited with any bonus points yet. Should be 5 more points for that.

Team Hackers tapping!

Round 4 killed me, but still had a solid tournament!

Nice to see Rose win this, wasn't exactly impressed by Watson in this final round. Specifically, his tactic of continually walking beyond Bradley and standing by his ball. He could have stood out of the eyeline, but he frequently walked in and stood with his hands on his hips. Pretty poor show I reckon.

I like Rose. Seems like a good dude and he's got game. Just a solid all around golfer. Bubba really let this one go. It was there for the taking but he went all DJ on the last round and blew it.

I told you I would take it back!

Pretty disappointed some of the leaders cracked like that. Putting was terrible.

You have to admit that the tournaments have been exciting this year. Love a close finish.

The owner of my dealership was lucky enough to win a trip to watch the final round on Sunday. He told me that he followed Bubba Watson all day. That Bubba could really bomb it. My boss said "You can't tell on TV how far that ball actually goes." And That Justin Rose could really hit the ball too. Then he reached in his pocket and gave me a souvenir that he brought back for me. It's nothing much but I think it's cool.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxODguanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAxODkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTAuanBn.jpg

That was pretty nice of him!

That was pretty nice of him!

I agree. That ball marker had to be like 20 bucks there. Lol

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

I had the opportunity to play in the Am-Am on the Monday following the event. They do not have a Pro-Am associated with the WGC events, but hold a Monday Am-Am with identical playing conditions and pin placements as the Sunday Final Round. What an experience!!

Overall, I thought the course was very playable but the rough was absolutely brutal! The rough had to have been grown out 4-5 inches and was gnarly. If your ball was off of the fairway, it completely disappeared down in the rough. The pin placements were tough, but I did not think the greens were all that difficult. However, I had a tough time judging the speed on a lot of the putts. It was amazing the difference in putting into the grain and down grain as well as what the wind was doing to the balls on the green (the wind was howling).

The tee/welcome gifts were outstanding. We received a nice Callaway duffle bag, Callaway golf shirts with the WGC logo, our choice from the new line of Callaway golf shoes (I got the Del Mar’s in black), a couple of packages of Callaway no-show golf socks, Bridgestone golf balls, a book about Deane Beman (Golf’s Driving Force), a Kodak 8 inch LCD digital picture frame and a few other odds and ends. I also received a pin flag signed by Kyle Stanley, who prior to the event, was atop the FedEx Cup Points Leaderboard. All in all it was a great day.

Thank you Callaway, Bridgestone, and Kodak. A special thanks to CDW (the official technology partner of the PGA Tour, who arranged for my spot in the event), and the PGA Tour who made it all possible.

That sounds like a great experience Divebell. Bermuda rough is tough enough under normal conditions, but at that length you might as well forget me if I get over in that junk. Sweet swag as well!

Back