2013 Morgan Cup Selection Thread - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may never know, but I wonder how many entries were received this year and I wonder if the amount of entries this year, surpassed last year.

Promo Video

Bio Video

Promo Blooper

Just got caught up. Congrats to Mikedean, Arydophin and Jt723. It had to be nerve wracking getting chosen on the last day but I'll bet it is worth the wait. Happy for you Mikedean--Enjoyed meeting you at the Ohio outing and it was great to play a round of golf with 2- 2013 MC staffers (one was a captain-DDEC and Mikedean). I wasn't ready to try for it this year but after meeting some great guys at the Ohio THP event it will be very exciting following the event. I'm hoping to volunteer to take it in first hand and support THP. Griff--I was hoping you would get in and then all 3 guys in my 4some would be staffers. Good luck next year. I am happy for all 18 selections--the videos were all great.

Last edited:
Here are mine. I hope you enjoy.

Bio Video –

Promo Video –

We may never know, but I wonder how many entries were received this year and I wonder if the amount of entries this year, surpassed last year.

Don't know for sure...but I can almost guarantee that we suprassed last year by quit a lot....but that's just me making a guess based on the number of people that said they sent in videos.

In all honesty I can say that I'm okay with not making it. Would I have liked to make it in? More than anything in the world but it just wasn't my time. Of course I think my videos were good enough but a panel of nine didn't see it that way. There were some awesome videos selected and I'm sure some awesome one left out. That's the way it goes. You win some, you lose some. I'm still going to show support for this awesome event and take this as a learning experience. I'm excited for next years selection process! There is a lot that I've learned and can't wait to start shooting next years videos. If that's going to be the process. I'm sure a lot of us have been through much worse than not being selected and if not, consider yourself lucky that this may be the hardest day of your life. Thank you to JB, GG and the sponsors that make this possible. To the 32 repping this incredible event, congratulations to all of you. Also please make sure that you guys make this better than last years so that we can all get another shot at getting selected! Congratulations to everyone who was selected and good luck on what seems to be a remarkable next 7-8 months!

Tell Canadan to let you have your moment Deano! Congrats broham

I'm out of town tonight and just got a chance to check this thread. JT - YOU DID IT!!!! Woohoo! So happy for you and of course mikedean and arydolphin too.

This is going to be the best MC ever and I really hope its in the cards for OG and me to make it up to show our support.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thank You.

I dont think I can type that enough, but seriously, Thank You. To everyone who took the time out of their lives to submit their videos for submission to the Morgan Cup. Right now, emotions are running, I know this, I've been there before. I was sitting at my computer each night this week at 7:59pm refreshing as fast as I could to see who would be joining in on this ride of the MC 2013. I love seeing a lot of first timers in the MC, hell, I am a first timer to this event as well. There were SO MANY deserving people that could have had a spot that I have no idea how the judges were able to narrow it down. One thing I did notice, was that it was a mixed bag of who got in, no one type of video was focused on, and I truly believe that it was done as fairly as humanly possible.

I really cant say Thank You enough to all of you guys who submitted videos, even though it hurts that some of you that are SO deserving of a spot did not make it in. I ask for continued support, and while it may be difficult at first, look deeper and see what the Morgan Cup is truly about, I know I did last year, and even just being a small part of the MC made it all worth it.

JB/GG: You guys...you two rock. You give us all SO much, and ask for NOTHING in return. I cant Thank You two enough for all that you do for us. Giving us just a small opportunity to get an opportunity like this in unbelievable. Thanks guys, you mean the world to all of us here, and I dont think any of us will ever be able to Thank you enough for all that y'all do. We are going to make the MC 2013 something special, and something to remember...

THP Family: That's what it is, like it or not, we are a family here. That's what sets this place apart from any other. It's time to embrace the Morgan Cup 2013, it's time to rock the sponsors, it's time to learn from those that set the ground work in the first two Morgan Cups and make this the biggest and best yet. Let's do this thing.

I would apologize for my rambling, but I'm not sorry! Im proud to call each and every member of this forum a friend!

It was a nerve wracking week for me ending in disappointment. Thing is I don't think I would have it any other way. If my name was called someone else would have been left off and that's not ok with me.

I will take the time to pout, did it last year. In a day or so it'll all be good. I meant what I said. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Griff--I wish you had made it but I know you mean what you just posted. I could tell this is the the type of person you are from spending 4 hrs sharing a cart with you at the Ohio THP event. Thanks again for finding my head cover!

Thank You.

I dont think I can type that enough, but seriously, Thank You. To everyone who took the time out of their lives to submit their videos for submission to the Morgan Cup. Right now, emotions are running, I know this, I've been there before. I was sitting at my computer each night this week at 7:59pm refreshing as fast as I could to see who would be joining in on this ride of the MC 2013. I love seeing a lot of first timers in the MC, hell, I am a first timer to this event as well. There were SO MANY deserving people that could have had a spot that I have no idea how the judges were able to narrow it down. One thing I did notice, was that it was a mixed bag of who got in, no one type of video was focused on, and I truly believe that it was done as fairly as humanly possible.

I really cant say Thank You enough to all of you guys who submitted videos, even though it hurts that some of you that are SO deserving of a spot did not make it in. I ask for continued support, and while it may be difficult at first, look deeper and see what the Morgan Cup is truly about, I know I did last year, and even just being a small part of the MC made it all worth it.

JB/GG: You guys...you two rock. You give us all SO much, and ask for NOTHING in return. I cant Thank You two enough for all that you do for us. Giving us just a small opportunity to get an opportunity like this in unbelievable. Thanks guys, you mean the world to all of us here, and I dont think any of us will ever be able to Thank you enough for all that y'all do. We are going to make the MC 2013 something special, and something to remember...

THP Family: That's what it is, like it or not, we are a family here. That's what sets this place apart from any other. It's time to embrace the Morgan Cup 2013, it's time to rock the sponsors, it's time to learn from those that set the ground work in the first two Morgan Cups and make this the biggest and best yet. Let's do this thing.

I would apologize for my rambling, but I'm not sorry! Im proud to call each and every member of this forum a friend!

Spot on War!

Thanks again to JB & GolferGal for making this experience possible.
On a night like tonight I don't envy your positions in anyway. What a range of emotions it must be. Elation for the final 3, sharing the disappointment for those who didn't make it in this year.

But as JB has pointed out there are other amazing events, the tour van trip just finished, there are 2 Invitationals on the books, The Outing is coming back and then we have the HUGE news coming in 10 days.

Exciting times for sure.

Also thanks to everyone who submitted videos. You put yourself out there and showed your love of THP by doing that. I will work my hardest to make each and every member of THP proud during the journey.

I didn't have a Wonder Twin to film this, but here are some rambling thoughts. If you can stand to hear me talk for about 5 minutes, click play:

I love Ary ramblings!!

Alright nice going guys the 2013 Morgan Cup players are all set. Can't wait to see the teams being formed. Great job to all that submitted.

Cant wait to see Ary's parents again. They rock!

Just got back to the hotel from a nice dinner in NOLA and am pumped to see Ary, JT and Mike joining us in the MC! Great videos and I look forward to teeing it up with each of you in July.

Great video ary.
Gladly raise my glass.

I clicked play. Glad I did. Welcome back Ary. Great to have some experienced members to help us rookies along.

I didn't have a Wonder Twin to film this, but here are some rambling thoughts. If you can stand to hear me talk for about 5 minutes, click play:

Cheers Ary! Great video

Was THPing and decide to video some random thoughts I had, sorry I had to cut it short, the little guy started to cry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back