2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump because it is so amazingly awesome.

Well I'm completely and utterly happy to the core that version 3.0 will go down. It was my only goal in all of this. I truly wanted Josh and Morgan to be happy enough with all of us that they simply could not resist another go around. After all the trash talk, all the drama it really does come down to 30 something THP'ers(counting volunteers since they were as big a part of this as anyone of us 24) having the weekend of their lives. Giving every ounce of yourself for your brothers. It was awe inspiring. After watching Tyler hit that chip and running after it like a joyous 10 year old, I knew that it was over and that we had won. I can honestly say I was happier for my teammates than for myself. I wanted to cry when I hugged Tyler because his happiness just exuded from him. God I could write a book about how I feel about him and how he has grown throughout this experience. The joy on his face makes it all worth it. Now 16 or so more folks get to feel it next year. I could not be happier for my THP family.

Well I'm completely and utterly happy to the core that version 3.0 will go down. It was my only goal in all of this. I truly wanted Josh and Morgan to be happy enough with all of us that they simply could not resist another go around. After all the trash talk, all the drama it really does come down to 30 something THP'ers(counting volunteers since they were as big a part of this as anyone of us 24) having the weekend of their lives. Giving every ounce of yourself for your brothers. It was awe inspiring. After watching Tyler hit that chip and running after it like a joyous 10 year old, I knew that it was over and that we had won. I can honestly say I was happier for my teammates than for myself. I wanted to cry when I hugged Tyler because his happiness just exuded from him. God I could write a book about how I feel about him and how he has grown throughout this experience. The joy on his face makes it all worth it. Now 16 or so more folks get to feel it next year. I could not be happier for my THP family.

Dude, come on. It got a little dusty in Chunky land when he hit that chip, you know it.

I'm looking forward to you leading us into battle again. And coming out victorious!!! You were a great Capt!

Haha real men shed tears!

Haha real men shed tears!

You can do whatever you want buddy. You freaking earned the heck out of that thing!! AND YOU GET TO DEFEND IT!!! How cool is that?

That was a great post Captain. You guys earned this thing, that is for sure. Amazing considering the rounds leading up and Saturday. I can honestly tell you that we all left it all out there. I know how proud I am of the team I was a part of and how you feel the same about yours. The guys can smile and shake hands before the round, leave it all on the course and then come in and all celebrate together at the end of the event.

There is nothing truly like it and that is what makes it stand out....And FWIW, that wicked dude with the beard...He likes it dusty!!!

That was a great post Captain. You guys earned this thing, that is for sure. Amazing considering the rounds leading up and Saturday. I can honestly tell you that we all left it all out there. I know how proud I am of the team I was a part of and how you feel the same about yours. The guys can smile and shake hands before the round, leave it all on the course and then come in and all celebrate together at the end of the event.

There is nothing truly like it and that is what makes it stand out....And FWIW, that wicked dude with the beard...He likes it dusty!!!

I'm emotional, what can I say hahahaha.

Exciting stuff, glad to see the 2012 Champions return.

Yah, i think that having the champs returning is great! It makes it even MORE interesting, trying to dethrone them!

I am so excited about the fact there is going to be a MC 3.0. I will be there for sure. I have been to both outings and a MC now. I love every minute of them and hate to come home. I really had some great times during the MC 2.0 and now the MC 3.0 will be even better.

I am so excited to hear that two of the companies want to come back again. That is some really exciting news. All three of them really represented during this MC and I am sure they will during the 3.0 one.

I am so pumped to see the winners returning! The idea of defending the title is so cool IMO! 8 guys have locked up a second experience of a lifetime and I am so excited for them. This truly is the ultimate amateur golf experience

Great job w/ the progressive naming, Morgan Cup 3.0 is nice and simple. Going Taylormade on the event, Morgan Cup JBallz?? could've really damaged all that was built up from MC2.

This is going to be a tough sell @ home, but I am going to try my best to volunteer and witness this awesome event. It's really cool following all the preparation, club choices, etc and then to put a face to each forum member through all the video is awesome. But it is still quite obvious that I am missing out on something special not getting to know you guys and soaking in the atmosphere.

I hope I can find an internship or something like I'm hoping to and stay at Clemson for the summer. That way if The Morgan Cup stays in the SE I may be able to go.

Awesome that this is returning for a third installment. I would love to compete and short of selling my organs on the black market, will try and do whatever it takes to get there!

It is so incredible that THP will be hosting a MC 3! Can't wait for the details to surface. I will be involved in this in one form or another for sure.

Pity the fool who Tapalks

I think I had a moment of exhale and then it was over. My mind has started to focus on the next MC. Tons of thoughts and emotions. There is so much time but not really. The last 7 months flew by in my world and culminated in an epic weekend. The bar has been set high and whom Ever is chosen to represent in the 3D version will the unique opportunity to set it even higher. This will be a special year. Looking forward to Watching it unfold.

I think I had a moment of exhale and then it was over. My mind has started to focus on the next MC. Tons of thoughts and emotions. There is so much time but not really. The last 7 months flew by in my world and culminated in an epic weekend. The bar has been set high and whom Ever is chosen to represent in the 3D version will the unique opportunity to set it even higher. This will be a special year. Looking forward to Watching it unfold.

You always have such the way with words Freddie. I'll just say me too!

Freddie, have you created the MC 3.0 Facebook page yet?

I am Going to let 2.0 run it's course and then discuss with GG. I'd like to continue with it but I know I will need to make some changes. I will Need to speak with GG first. For now I will continue to update twitter and FB.

I am Going to let 2.0 run it's course and then discuss with GG. I'd like to continue with it but I know I will need to make some changes. I will Need to speak with GG first. For now I will continue to update twitter and FB.

It's awesome that you do that stuff dude. Really a great gesture to support the forum and this great event. I know I'm certainly grateful that you do it, and I'm sure others are too.

It's awesome that you do that stuff dude. Really a great gesture to support the forum and this great event. I know I'm certainly grateful that you do it, and I'm sure others are too.

After what transpired this weekend I am extremely happy to be a cog in the wheel That is the Morgan cup. I have a feeling that next year there will be double the volunteers and some epic forum action. I just feel it in my bones. Because of the achievements of the 2.0 crew the MC is on a fast track of epic proportions. Knowing JB he has something mind bottling up his sleeve. And we all know that engine aka GG will
Be driving 3D straight to the mountain top.

Last edited:
After what transpired this weekend I am extremely happy to be a cog in the wheel That is the Morgan cup. I have a feeling that next year there will be double the volunteers and some epic forum action. I just feel it in my bones. Because of the achievements of the 2.0
Crew the MC is on a fast track of epic proportions. Knowing JB he has something mid bottling up his sleeve. And we all know that engine aka GG will
Be driving 3D straight to the mountain top.

That's kinda how I feel. Obviously you need the main parts of the Morgan Cup mobile to be there to make it work (24 people) but the volunteers are the oil and grease that make it a fine tuned machine we all want it to be. If the event is better because I'm there with a camera video taping shots, or helping keep the base updated with scores, then that's what I'll be there doing. I don't have to have clubs in my hand in order to make the event shine, but the event doesn't shine unless there are enough hands working behind the cameras helping out.

I definitely will be trying my utmost to get down there, whether as a staffer or a volunteer. This past MC with all the stories, upcoming video, and camaraderie makes me absolutely hungry to experience it myself.

I'm with ya JN....I'm at least going to volunteer next year. I want to be apart on and/or off the course in this great event!

I'm going to help out or try to play. Looks like I could be the designated driver LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back