2013 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x - THP Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be reviewing the two new premium offerings from Titleist here over the next few weeks. Quite excited to get out with them!

2013 Pro V1

Even Softer Feel, More Distance and Longer Lasting
Tour-proven around the globe, the new Titleist Pro V1[SUP]®[/SUP] golf ball is engineered to deliver exceptional distance, consistent flight, very soft feel, Drop-and-Stop[SUP]™[/SUP] greenside control and longer lasting durability. The multi-component construction of the Pro V1[SUP]®[/SUP] golf ball utilizes a softer compression ZG process core technology, features a responsive ionomeric casing layer, and an improved high-performance Urethane Elastomer[SUP]™[/SUP]cover system with a 352 tetrahedral dimple design.

DSCN2193-L.jpg

DSCN2199-L.jpg

DSCN2204-L.jpg

DSCN2202-L.jpg

DSCN2200-L.jpg

DSCN2201-L.jpg

• Staff
2013 Pro V1x

Even More Distance and Longer Lasting
Tour-proven around the globe, the new Titleist Pro V1x[SUP]™[/SUP] golf ball is designed for golfers seeking high launch and low spin for long straight distance, consistent flight, Drop-and-Stop[SUP]™[/SUP] greenside control and longer lasting durability. The multi-component Pro V1x[SUP]™[/SUP] golf ball utilizes a new ZG process dual core technology to create a large high velocity dual core, features a responsive ionomeric casing layer, and an improved high-performance Urethane Elastomer[SUP]™[/SUP] cover system with a 328 tetrahedral dimple design.

DSCN2182-L.jpg

DSCN2185-L.jpg

DSCN2186-L.jpg

DSCN2189-L.jpg

DSCN2191-L.jpg

DSCN2188-L.jpg

I've loved the prov1x and look forward to hearing about how you like this years offering.

Looking forward to another fantastic Ryan Review. Ball testing is always interesting and it has been fun lately to see Titleist start to take some shots at Bridgestone with their marketing. Titleist must be losing some market share so it will be interesting to see if this is an improvement or just some new packaging.

Looking forard to hearing your thoughts. I don't expect much of a big change but this may get substituted for the Lethal.

Did Titleist actually send these to THP? I'm a bit stunned if so...

Looking forward to the thoughts Hawk! You have played almost every ball imaginable so I know you will bring some great thoughts.

I will never get to paying $50/dozen (regardless of OEM) but still like reading how they stack up!

They have always been a proponent of golf ball testing. I have received balls from them numerous times.

Clubs are a different story.

The review I have been waiting for! I am just dying to try these. Everything I hear about them make them sound like they are the holy grail of golf balls. I will be following this thread carefully. Thanks!

Yes and why? It would not be the 1st time we have reviewed their golf balls (we reviewed the last line of Pro V1 and Pro V1x as well).

Looking forward to it hawk

I love reading your reviews and this should be interesting.

That's awesome Ryan, Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Will be interested to hear your thought. I have always liked these balls. Have never loved them, but always liked them.

Great pic's Hawkster, looking forward to your thoughts dude.

They have always been a proponent of golf ball testing. I have received balls from them numerous times.

Clubs are a different story.
Jrod is wise, and of course, usually right.

On a related note to the thread; Kind of surprised that they went with a new-ish design on the arrows around the PRO-V1 Branding.

On a related note to the thread; Kind of surprised that they went with a new-ish design on the arrows around the PRO-V1 Branding.

First time I found one it threw me off as well. I'll be interested what you say about the ProV1X Hawk. I know in the limited time I had with a couple I had mixed results.

I'll be interested to see your thoughts Hawk and how they compare to my thoughts on the test balls a few days ago.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these. You always do great reviews.

I've just never been a fan of the ProV1. It's too dang soft for my taste. I don't have much if any experience with the ProV1x, but if I were to game a ProV, that would probably be the route I would take. I still have a couple of the test balls that Titleist sent me this past fall for the new ProV line and I will get them back out once the swing is clicking somewhat and see what I think.

I'll be following this one closely. The last model is outstanding and I can't imagine how they made this one better. I like the look of the new alignment aid.

Yes and why? It would not be the 1st time we have reviewed their golf balls (we reviewed the last line of Pro V1 and Pro V1x as well).

Titleist just doesn't strike me as the brand who does that kind of thing. They are one of the few who has never forum tested or done the MC. And they skip the Demo Day for no reps rule.

THPing on Tapatalk

Can't wait to hear about the 1x... have fun testing these.

Looking forward to it Ryan, know alot of people are wondering how these will stack up.

Looking forward to this one Hawk. Can't wait to see what kind of charts and gizmos you use in this review lol. I'm a big fan of the ProV lineup although the price is a little hard to justify when I tend to lose a ball or 2 a round.

Back