Bubba Watson Skipping The Players

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He will not be in the Players Championship this year as he has said he wants more family time.

Interesting.. I saw an interview the other day and they asked him if he was in for the Players and he came back with something like "umm.. well, yeah, that is what I am scheduled for, that is what the calendar says".. I found it odd he didnt just say yes.. Its all starting to make sense now.

I love how Twitter lets the players just get the news out right the fans. No need to have the golf reporters drum up their own story on this one. Pretty good decision in my mind, but I wouldnt have been pulling for him to win anyways.

I understand, but man I wish he was in. That takes away a little from next week for me.

• Admin
For what its worth, Bubba Watson was tied for 45th in 2011 and MC in 2010 at the Players Championship

For what its worth, Bubba Watson was tied for 45th in 2011 and MC in 2010 at the Players Championship
Apparently Urban Meyer is helping him prepare his statements now.

Interesting....he is definitely a different breed.

Interesting....he is definitely a different breed.

Now don't take this as negative, but were people saying this about Phil when he skipped the WGC Matchplay for the same reasons? The guy just adopted a kid...

Interesting to hear. Too bad though. I like watching him play.

I'm not shocked and think he should take some time. He hasn't really stopped since winning the Masters and has a new little guy in family.

He will not be in the Players Championship this year as he has said he wants more family time.

Good for Bubba. Family should always come first.

I understand family time, but, I think when you win something like the Masters you should be at an event like The Players. personal opinion

Now don't take this as negative, but were people saying this about Phil when he skipped the WGC Matchplay for the same reasons? The guy just adopted a kid...

Not taken that way. My interesting comment was more to do with the interviews while in Zurich and how he tweets that he had a bad round because his mind was not on his game, things like that. Different breed meaning he could really care less what anyone else thinks and will do his own thing.

I agree.

Phil for family-good.

Bubba for family-....I guess well find out...

Interesting but with an infant going on at home I find it as no surprise.

Completely understand that he and his wife just adopted a new baby about 6 weeks ago. BUT ass the current Masters champion I think he should be playing in this event.

Just when the guy seems a little more likeable he does this. Don't understand him at all, you're the reigning Masters Champion dude, get out there and play. I know you got the new baby and all but jeez man. Remember the uproar over who didn't play this event last season?

I understand family time, but, I think when you win something like the Masters you should be at an event like The Players. personal opinion

My sentiments exactly. I'm all for family, but you also have obligations via your occupation.

Nooooooo!!!! I have tickets and really wanted to see him play! But i am glad he puts family first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Just when the guy seems a little more likeable he does this. Don't understand him at all, you're the reigning Masters Champion dude, get out there and play. I know you got the new baby and all but jeez man. Remember the uproar over who didn't play this event last season?

Maybe I am drawing a blank because I need some coffee, but I dont. Who didnt play? I know Tiger withdrew, and I know the finish, but who skipped it?

Maybe I am drawing a blank because I need some coffee, but I dont. Who didnt play? I know Tiger withdrew, and I know the finish, but who skipped it?

Big Perm. Wanted to focus on the Euro tour and Sawgrass didn't "suit his eye."

A major championship and a matchplay are not even in the same realm in my opinion. Completely different regardless of reasons being skipped. If Bubba wants more family time then skip non majors.

Rory and Lee. But they also were not members of the PGA Tour. Lee was #1 in the world at the time I believe. But this is much bigger IMO

Big Perm. Wanted to focus on the Euro tour and Sawgrass didn't "suit his eye."

That's right. Now I remember big perm making waves.

Back