Cleveland Launcher Ultralite Driver & FW

Just sent my TL310 back to Cleveland. Gonna go from the C.Kua 59g shaft to the Kusala Black 72g. I love the C.Kua59 in my 3wood but it balloons just a tad on me in the driver. Hope I can get this Kusala in the air lol.

I was taking a lot of video the other day for my irons and I thought I should make one with the SL 290. The driver ended up going about 275 on the GPS but I would guess on a flat drive it would have been 250 as I say in the vid. Anyway its not a great video, but I just love this driver.

[YOUTUBE]xED5Qv4yd7c[/YOUTUBE]

Nice video CB, beautiful course too! My XL has given me the confidence to hit driver on a lot more holes than I used to, and get away with it most of the time.

Breezy, it sounds like you got your driver swing back and were hitting some big shots. Good to hear!

Breezy, it sounds like you got your driver swing back and were hitting some big shots. Good to hear!

Thanks Hawk, I do have my driver swing back, and was averaging 265 off the tee that day which is very long for me. I think once I get my shoulder turn worked out I will be able to have a longer, faster swing.

Just sent my TL310 back to Cleveland. Gonna go from the C.Kua 59g shaft to the Kusala Black 72g. I love the C.Kua59 in my 3wood but it balloons just a tad on me in the driver. Hope I can get this Kusala in the air lol.

I can't wait to hear how the Kusala Black 72g works in the TL310 head! It makes me wonder if anyone else has tried the heavier shafts in the lightweight head drivers from Cleveland?

I can't wait to hear how the Kusala Black 72g works in the TL310 head! It makes me wonder if anyone else has tried the heavier shafts in the lightweight head drivers from Cleveland?

Gray. The Black 72 is actually closer to 68 grams (in stiff)
The 59 C. Kua in the same flex (flex code) is 61 grams.
The difference is not that large in terms of weight.

Gray. The Black 72 is actually closer to 68 grams (in stiff)
The 59 C. Kua in the same flex (flex code) is 61 grams.
The difference is not that large in terms of weight.

Interesting. MarcH is looking for a better trajectory and the Kusala is known for keeping the ball down with a more piercing flight pattern. I guess the weight difference not being so large would not cause any balance problems with the overall club weight which is great.

Yeah its only 7 grams heavier. It was shipped back today, should have it by Friday. If Keegan Bradley can bust that thang, hopefully I can too!

Got my new XL 270 today and I am in love. It is such an easy club to hit and its a beast. Here is a vid of my 2nd drive with it... the 1st drive was terrible. The feel and the sound are awesome and I love how easy it is to swing this club.
[video=youtube;QTseO-F-XH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTseO-F-XH0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Thanks for posting the video! I agree that it's a surpisingly nice sounding driver.

Glad you like your new XL270 bassing. Cleveland had some big guns in their arsenal this year for sure! 2012 will no doubt bring the missile launchers again so we have a good year to look forward to.

Thanks for the vid bassing! My XL has been making me look pretty good this season.

[h=1]I'm new to the sport and have been trying to piece together my bag as I see and read about more equipment. I've been impressed with all of your reviews and just won an auction for Cleveland FL 3 Wood 15* with a Miyazaki Tour Issue 59S shaft. Can't wait to hit some balls with it soon![/h]

Just a quick update about the SL 290 driver. I've been working really hard on my swing lately thanks to some tips by GolfTec here on THP and I happened to get a Machspeed black driver to test out at about this same time. I've been pretty accurate with it but a good 10-15 yards shorter with it than the SL 290 but I was willing to sacrifice that yardage for being in the fairway.
Today I had the thought that perhaps the increase in accuracy and ball flight was due to my swing work and that I should try the SL 290 out again. Well, that was the best idea I've had this year. I not only got the yards back that I had lost by switching to the Nike, but I was just as accurate and I believe the head could be even more forgiving.

This driver really is great and its back in my bag to stay. The shaft is very good, the balance of the club is great, and its the best sounding driver I've played since the R9. I'm sorry I took it out of my bag in the first place but its earned its spot back and then some.

I'm new to the sport and have been trying to piece together my bag as I see and read about more equipment. I've been impressed with all of your reviews and just won an auction for Cleveland FL 3 Wood 15* with a Miyazaki Tour Issue 59S shaft. Can't wait to hit some balls with it soon!

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. It's a great stick for sure.

Just a quick update about the SL 290 driver. I've been working really hard on my swing lately thanks to some tips by GolfTec here on THP and I happened to get a Machspeed black driver to test out at about this same time. I've been pretty accurate with it but a good 10-15 yards shorter with it than the SL 290 but I was willing to sacrifice that yardage for being in the fairway.
Today I had the thought that perhaps the increase in accuracy and ball flight was due to my swing work and that I should try the SL 290 out again. Well, that was the best idea I've had this year. I not only got the yards back that I had lost by switching to the Nike, but I was just as accurate and I believe the head could be even more forgiving.

This driver really is great and its back in my bag to stay. The shaft is very good, the balance of the club is great, and its the best sounding driver I've played since the R9. I'm sorry I took it out of my bag in the first place but its earned its spot back and then some.

Nice CB. Though I think I've heard you say that a driver is there to stay before hehe
Sounds like your swing is getting better and better. More distance and just as accuracy, sounds like a winner for you.

Nice CB. Though I think I've heard you say that a driver is there to stay before hehe
Sounds like your swing is getting better and better. More distance and just as accuracy, sounds like a winner for you.

Its more the swing getting better than the driver in terms of accuracy, but the distance this driver gives is just sick. Plus it sounds a Bizzilion times better than the Nike. Drivers and putters are never really safe in my bag to be honest, but at this moment in time this driver is safe until something really cool comes out.

TaylorMade for life.

Kevin

Its more the swing getting better than the driver in terms of accuracy, but the distance this driver gives is just sick. Plus it sounds a Bizzilion times better than the Nike. Drivers and putters are never really safe in my bag to be honest, but at this moment in time this driver is safe until something really cool comes out.

That is great CB! I'm beginning to ponder drivers myself and this one is one I would like to try. I didn't get along with the lightest one in the Cleveland lineup but perhaps the 2 heavier ones will be more to my liking

I am noticing the fairway woods showing up in a lot of profiles on here. Might have to go check this club out again.

I am noticing the fairway woods showing up in a lot of profiles on here. Might have to go check this club out again.

Its a great club WR. I would consider it a tweener between deep faced and low profile. Gives me some confidence off the tee and off the deck.

I really like the 3wood buddy but the drivers and I just don't work. At least they haven't in the past. I keep thinking that I want to try the 290 series again but I just can't pull the trigger. There's a bit of doubt in my mind for some odd reason.

I really like the 3wood buddy but the drivers and I just don't work. At least they haven't in the past. I keep thinking that I want to try the 290 series again but I just can't pull the trigger. There's a bit of doubt in my mind for some odd reason.

I am the same way, I tried the driver at the outing last year for a couple of holes and just could not comfortable with it. I tried the 17* 3W from Cleveland, liked it but it ultimately lost to the Callaway that is in my bag now. Of course now that it is out of the store, the Callaway is deciding to be a pest and not behave so it might have to go back to the store...lol

Back