Contest - Design The Next THP Challenge Coin

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week THP debuted their artwork of the new Limited Edition challenge coin entitled No Big Numbers. If you missed that unveiling, you can find it by clicking here. The coin represents a new game of sorts as we push players to try and work on course management and approach the game differently.

proof-2-S.jpg

Today we are unveiling a contest of sorts and that is to design and/or think up the idea for the 2nd coin in the 2013 collection. To make sure to include everybody that wants to be a part of it, no artwork or graphic skills are necessary. A simple description, a hand drawn sketch or anything at all will work great as an entry.

Feel free to throw anything out there and we will try to give guidance and feedback where we can. Some things to consider when creating this.

The next THP challenge coin will be 1.5 inches (about the size of a standard poker chip).
It is made of metal and finish choices include brass, copper, gold, bronze, black nickel, silver and a few others.
Up to 5 colors (paint colors) can be used on each side.

Rules
You can enter as many times as you want.
You must post entries in this thread.
The contest will run this week only.
Winner will receive the new THP challenge coin free of charge before anybody else.
Along with a THP Prize Pack.

Good luck and let's have some fun with it. If you can imagine it and/or dream it, THP can make it take place.

This is pretty cool. I know there are some creative THPers here, so we'll see some good designs.

Now this is freaking sweet! I am not very talented artistically, but I will try a few ideas if I get some time

Really cool idea. I know that there will be some incredible submissions and it is gonna be hard to pick a winner.

This is a no miss contest. I expect this will be very tough to choose. Love that another coin is coming.

I'm a terrible artist but will try to come up with a few decent entries.

Cool opportunity here!!

Great! Another thing to distract me from work this week.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Are we supposed to come up with a game too, or just design a cool coin?

Are we supposed to come up with a game too, or just design a cool coin?

No game necessary. Although if one wants to add one they certainly can.

This should be fun, looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Sweet, would love to have this coin since I use a cheap plastic ball marker from walmart. Thanks for another great contest JB...

I've got a good idea, now to just get it down.

Can these be hand drawn? Will they be professionally touched up?

Because I'm not great with computer designs and my entry will most likely not transfer straight to the coin... Lol

TTing

I think the coolest part of this contest is that this means MORE CHALLENGE COINS!! YUSSSS

This will be epic. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

To make sure to include everybody that wants to be a part of it, no artwork or graphic skills are necessary. A simple description, a hand drawn sketch or anything at all will work great as an entry.

Feel free to throw anything out there and we will try to give guidance and feedback where we can. Some things to consider when creating this.

The next THP challenge coin will be 1.5 inches (about the size of a standard poker chip).
It is made of metal and finish choices include brass, copper, gold, bronze, black nickel, silver and a few others.

I've got a good idea, now to just get it down.

Can these be hand drawn? Will they be professionally touched up?

Because I'm not great with computer designs and my entry will most likely not transfer straight to the coin... Lol

TTing

See above. They can absolutely be hand drawn.

See above. They can absolutely be hand drawn.

Sorry. Got too excited...

Also, are you interested in keeping the THP side the same? Almost like a collection would have the same style one side, different through the others? Or are both sides fair game?

TTing

Sorry. Got too excited...

Also, are you interested in keeping the THP side the same? Almost like a collection would have the same style one side, different through the others? Or are both sides fair game?

TTing

Both sides. You can do anything you want. If you can dream it, in most instances its possible.

Here's mine. I'm no artist so I won't even attempt to sketch a design. May get my daughter, who is an artist, to do a sketch for me if she has time. If so I'll add it to this post later:

Coin name: "Putt for Dough"

General design:
THP logo on one side
Other side - an outlying circle with different distances written along the edge of the coin; Tap in, 4 feet, 8 feet, 10 feet, 15 feet, 20 feet, 30 feet, bomb. In the middle of the circle various denominations of bills but instead of real denominations there would be a 4' bill, a 8' bill and so on.

Game to go with coin: A "positive" coin. Whoever make the longest putt as the round goes along takes the challenge coin. If the longest putt on the 1st hole is a tap in, that person take the coin. If on the 2nd hole another player makes 6ft putt, he takes the coin. If on the 15th hole a player makes a 25ft putt he takes the coin. At the end of the round the players that don't have the coin pay the pre-arranged tribute to the coin holder.

EDIT: What the hey, I went ahead and did a rough sketch. Added a loaf of bread to the middle as a laugher on the "Putt for Dough".

c8c0a053-3e60-47ca-b7f7-ab370a92ba63_zps19b27c78.jpg

Last edited:
Contest - Design The Next THP Challenge Coin

That's fun Cpl. What would you put on the other side.

Edit: I see it.

Hmm, time to get the ideas flowing...

That's fun Cpl. What would you put on the other side.

Edit: I see it.

Thanks, JB. I just edited the post to make it easier to see that the THP logo would be on one side.

Here's mine. I'm no artist so I won't even attempt to sketch a design. May get my daughter, who is an artist, to do a sketch for me if she has time. If so I'll add it to this post later:

Coin name: "Putt for Dough"

General design:
THP logo on one side
Other side - an outlying circle with different distances written along the edge of the coin; Tap in, 4 feet, 8 feet, 10 feet, 15 feet, 20 feet, 30 feet, bomb. In the middle of the circle various denominations of bills but instead of real denominations there would be a 4' bill, a 8' bill and so on.

Game to go with coin: A "positive" coin. Whoever make the longest putt as the round goes along takes the challenge coin. If the longest putt on the 1st hole is a tap in, that person take the coin. If on the 2nd hole another player makes 6ft putt, he takes the coin. If on the 15th hole a player makes a 25ft putt he takes the coin. At the end of the round the players that don't have the coin pay the pre-arranged tribute to the coin holder.

That is a great Idea, we could also do one for the closest to the pin. This would be really fun to add a few of those games to a rond with friends

Great contest, looking forward to the entries!

Last week THP debuted their artwork of the new Limited Edition challenge coin entitled No Big Numbers. If you missed that unveiling, you can find it by clicking here. The coin represents a new game of sorts as we push players to try and work on course management and approach the game differently.

proof-2-S.jpg

Today we are unveiling a contest of sorts and that is to design and/or think up the idea for the 2nd coin in the 2013 collection. To make sure to include everybody that wants to be a part of it, no artwork or graphic skills are necessary. A simple description, a hand drawn sketch or anything at all will work great as an entry.

Rules
You can enter as many times as you want.
You must post entries in this thread.
The contest will run this week only.
Winner will receive the new THP challenge coin free of charge before anybody else.
Along with a THP Prize Pack.

Good luck and let's have some fun with it. If you can imagine it and/or dream it, THP can make it take place.

YUSS!!!! I am so pumped for this. Gotta sort out some ideas, but just the general idea around this has me fired up!

Back