Contest Winners Thread

Itd be cheaper to buy a new set of heads.

How do you go about just purchasing heads? Never had to do it. What is the cost in doing that, compared to buying a full set with all the bells and whistles?

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL TOO!

Hi Darren,

I am in the marketing department here at KBS. Congratulations! You were randomly selected as a winner from the giveaway on KBSShafts.com! We are really excited about this promotion and the launch of the Custom Series. Specifically you won an entire set (3-PW) of the KBS Custom Series shafts. These are the KBS Tours with a new look and finish, and same performance.

You have a couple options. We offer whole flexes only (R, S, X) and silver, white and black finishes. What do you want? Also, include your complete shipping information.

Congratulations again, and I look forward to hearing from you! Call if you need to ask some questions.

Regards,

That's awesome Darren.

It's not - I got the same email!!

I am going with the KBS tours - regular flex in white!

Saw this on twitter. Congrats Cook.

Seriously?

Can't say I agree with that. I was talking to Rvick82 and he got a quote from Edwin Watts. They told him about 20-22 dollars a club including the grip - price depending on which grip you pick. 8 clubs times 22 bucks a club brings you to $176. Heads will (most likely) cost you much more than that by themselves, then you have to pay to have the shafts installed in those heads.

It's only going to cost me for the grips and to replace shafts. I can re-grip myself no problem.

I feel bad for all those restricted to big-box stores for club work. My pro shop will re-grip for free when you buy the grip from them and re-shaft for $10 per graphite wood or $35 for a whole iron set...

I feel bad for all those restricted to big-box stores for club work. My pro shop will re-grip for free when you buy the grip from them and re-shaft for $10 per graphite wood or $35 for a whole iron set...

that's why I do it all myself

Congrats to all the winners! I'd love to get a set of the custom KBS shafts.

that's why I do it all myself

Yup. It really is easy to learn and to do. The only real up front cost is a quality puller if you're going to do graphite. I can't imagine paying to have all my work done, would be ridiculous for me to pay all that.

I thought they were giving away heads with their contest?

Congrats to all the KBS winners. Love seeing THPers take non-THP contest prizes in addition to all the great contests JB and GG provide for us.

^^^ LOVE THIS ^^^

It is always cool to win, but I'd prefer hoarding all the non-THP contests to our ever-more connected forum.

I thought they were giving away heads with their contest?

On the KBS website sign up, I thought the same thing. I have no idea. Maybe that was just to get feedback on how people are going to utilize them and what looks, for maybe future production reasons. Who knows.

Congrats to all KBS shafts winners!

Maybe this is a good time to order Haney's book and get my PURE grips for $30 for 8...

Maybe this is a good time to order Haney's book and get my PURE grips for $30 for 8...

THP PURE grips is where it's at! That's what will be going on my KBS shafts.

I don't even have the gun to install them, but I may do that. I wish I could spare the $30 for Albatross Club and get them cheaper, but I have to wait til summer when I have a more steady income flow.

I am so envious of all the KBS shaft winners in here!

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

I signed up for the free R11S Love shirt from Global Golf a few weeks ago, and one came in the mail today. I honestly don't remember if you got to pick your size or not, but the one I got was an XL. My dad now has a new shirt even though I doubt he <3s the R11S.

I signed up for the free R11S Love shirt from Global Golf a few weeks ago, and one came in the mail today. I honestly don't remember if you got to pick your size or not, but the one I got was an XL. My dad now has a new shirt even though I doubt he <3s the R11S.

That's awesome. Congrats on the win.

Found out this morning that I won a 3~PW set of KBS tour Custom Shafts from the KBS online contest. Now I have to figure out the finish that I want. Do I order some new club heads??

Found out this morning that I won a 3~PW set of KBS tour Custom Shafts from the KBS online contest. Now I have to figure out the finish that I want. Do I order some new club heads??

Congrats, I won yesterday as well!! I am looking at component heads for mine.

Team Hackers tapping!

Just catching up for the last couple of days, congrats rafdo, those are some really nice looking threads. I really like adidas clothing. Great win for cookie, DK and jh on the KBS shafts, glad to see more THPers getting these great shafts.

Bringing that up again? Do I have to describe again that I hate Nike?

And FYI, I decided to put the putter up as a prize for my school 's student golf league.

Very cool, nice going IJ. And congrats on the shirt win for your dad.

Very nice! Could be a great time for new clubs....

Back