Dustin Johnson's Backswing

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Saw this is GD and took a snapshot because it just looks freakiish to me. I think I would sever my spine if I tried this.

y8e6eqyb.jpg

TapAhoy!

wow... i knew he turned a lot, but didn't know it was that much!

More than the turn, I am amazed by how high his hands are. I would die to be able to do this. I would die if I did this.

How about him standing on the exercise ball taking swings in the same issue? Absolutely crazy.

How about him standing on the exercise ball taking swings in the same issue? Absolutely crazy.

I was more impressed with that than I was the backswing position. That takes some ridiculous core strength and balance.

I think Rickie's is crazier tbh

rickie.jpg

The Bow in his hands is even more crazy

Wow, it's crazy how much more upright DJ stands than Rickie.

I was more impressed with that than I was the backswing position. That takes some ridiculous core strength and balance.

Same here. I was blown away.

Now we're talkin. That's a crazy position right there.

I think Rickie's is crazier tbh

rickie.jpg

I think Rickie has really shortened his backswing as of late. It doesn't seem to me at least on tv that he's rotating as much as he had in the past.

I think Rickie has really shortened his backswing as of late. It doesn't seem to me at least on tv that he's rotating as much as he had in the past.

You would be correct. He's worked hard in the last 3 months to shorten his back swing and thus create more control.

You would be correct. He's worked hard in the last 3 months to shorten his back swing and thus create more control.

That's what I thought. I'm a huge Rickie fan boy. I hope it works out for the best for him. Hoping for a big year for him!

That's what I thought. I'm a huge Rickie fan boy. I hope it works out for the best for him. Hoping for a big year for him!

It's worked so far. He had strong showings in his last 2 appearances since he's been working on the new swing (Tiger and TOC)

It's worked so far. He had strong showings in his last 2 appearances since he's been working on the new swing (Tiger and TOC)

I agree. He did look strong.

Wow, that is crazy. I want to work on my flexibility so I can stretch more like that.

The craziest thing to me about DJ is that he is dating the great one's daughter. Now those are some pictures worth posting. :in-love:

Saw this is GD and took a snapshot because it just looks freakiish to me. I think I would sever my spine if I tried this.

y8e6eqyb.jpg

TapAhoy!

That's some serious torque and I love how high his hands are, wish I could get parallel lol.

DJ is the man. Even my GF likes his....swing.

I find this less impressive because Ricky's spine has more tilt.

Agreed. The craziest I have ever seen was Daly back in the day.

daly_95_brit.jpg

After seeing this I need to call Brad for a re-alignment. But it clearly demonstrates how he generates the power. Wow

y8e6eqyb.jpg

TapAhoy!

It's interesting to see how far his left foot is pointed towards the target or how open it is. His flexibility is crazy!

Back