Forum Testing Signup - PING Scottsdale TR Putter

I'll admit to sort of forgetting about PING when it comes to putters, which is sort of stupid when you consider their history. I expect we'll have a good group of testers and hopefully somebody will pick the one I liked. It's surprisingly nice looking and I'd like to see some in-hands.

I think a lot of equipment junkies are the same way. With so many putter-specific companies out there, Ping gets lost in the mix. They do make fantastic putters though.

It's interesting that Mahan has got them some interest at the same tournament two years in a row. I actually noticed his putter this year because of the insert.

I'm eager to see the testing begin in this one. PING's R&D on this insert has really got me intrigued on off center strokes for sure.

It's interesting that Mahan has got them some interest at the same tournament two years in a row. I actually noticed his putter this year because of the insert.

Indeed. I haven't rolled enough Ping putters, which is a shame. I did love the Nome though.

I didn't care for the Nome. Just never worked for me. It looked cool though.

Maybe this video will get some people jazzed up for a Ping Testing:

I'm eager to see the testing begin in this one. PING's R&D on this insert has really got me intrigued on off center strokes for sure.
I'm super excited about this insert. I have one sitting in my shopping cart on TGW.com, just dying to hit submit!

Maybe this video will get some people jazzed up for a Ping Testing:

Nice video, also nice to see these guys were legitamately at the shooting together unlike a Nike commerical we've recently seen!

I agree, being able to make a bigger sweet spot on a putter is pretty cool. I wonder how many of us here hit the sweet spot every time? This is going to be a great testing.

1. What putter are you currently playing? TM MC72 White Smoke
2. What is your strength in putting? Tap ins!
3. What is your weakness in putting? Distance control on over 20ft putts
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Piper C, I have always putted well with center shafted putters
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? In the beginning a lot of indoor work to get used to sound and feel, concentrating on line and distance control. As we warm up in March/April alot of practice green work on different distances and then on course work

thanks to THP and Ping for a cool opportunity

1. What putter are you currently playing? Ping Anser series B60
2. What is your strength in putting? Picking a line
3. What is your weakness in putting? I struggle to get a consistent roll on longer putts
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? B60
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? Well practicing head to head vs a comparable model would be a good test of their new technology. Testing would be done indoors and outdoors...practice green would be used frequently to test same length putts...would also game during rounds and report with results

Went to Golfsmith and rolled these beauties for a good half hour. Loved the consistency across all models. Gotta say the senita may be a better fit for me if picked as I have been using the two ball blade for a while. But holy cow the zbs was a serious standout and almost had to walk out with it. Best feeling blade I rolled in a while. I thought I was done with blades, guess not. Good luck to everybody can't wait to see the reviews start rolling in.

That's awesome bro. You had a bunch of putters in your hands today.

It was so much fun too! Both the putters I was rolling for the first time and just lived it. The groves on these putters...I could see the benefit for sure. Obviously not on big misses, but the ones you just tween something a bit off...I could tell there was help.

LtEvO TaPpEd

This putter intrigues me quit a bit!

Guys if you haven't signed up yet do it now. Another great oppurtinity

I am really excited about this testing opportunity, simply because I have never tried a Ping putter in my life. I never saw Ping as a putter company, and I hope this testing opportunity changes my mind, I would love to be part of this testing because I have developed a consistent putting game and I will be able to provide some great feedback in my opinion.

I've been going through PING's website all week, and I've noticed several new features about fitting, and I really like what I saw, I can't wait to either follow along with the testers, or even be part of the testing itself.

Awesome! Another exciting testing opportunity. Thanks PING and HTP!

1. What putter are you currently playing?
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Mid Belly Putter
2. What is your strength in putting?
Inside 5 footer
3. What is your weakness in putting?

Distance control from 30+ feet
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test?

Anser2 or Piper C
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter?
First I would spend one week getting comfortable with the putter on the practice green. First I would play 2 rounds using just Ping putter at my home course take note of each putt i.e. # of putts made, distance, green condition, uphill, downhill, sidehill, where the ball is missed etc. then followed by 2 rounds with just my current putter taking the similar notes. If I get a chance to play alone, I will use both putters on every putt and take note as well. After comparison of notes, I will write up a summary. I will also do a side by side comparison with my putter on practice green using my momentus putting aid thru variety of putts - 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 footer, up/down/sidehill etc. I am more of feel putter so I will focus more on the swing, sounds, and alignment at address. I am sure I will discovery other methods or test along the process.

What a cool opportunity from THP and Ping! Saw Hunter Mahan using this during the match play and was interested and finally decided to throw my name in the hat.

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore m3

2. What is your strength in putting? Speed has always been one of my stronger suits.

3. What is your weakness in putting? Getting the putt on line.

4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? Shea

5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? I would be putting this head to head with my SeeMore on sound, how easy to get online, consistency in speed, and all around feel.

Weekend bump, I have to think time is running out

Get em in everyone! They are being picked Monday!

I was at the golf store yesterday and really liked the roll I got out of the TR Series. Very intriguing concept. I would love to test this putter against mine.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Varies among my Seemore PCB, Odyssey Metal X D.A.R.T., or Fisher CTS-3.
2. What is your strength in putting? Reading greens and speed control.
3. What is your weakness in putting? Distance control/accuracy on mishits -- heeling or toeing putts.
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? First choice would be the Piper C. Second choice would be the Senita or the Grayhawk.
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? For the next couple of weeks it would be rolling them indoors on my Tour Links 13' putting green I have in my basement. I have it marked off in one foot intervals and roll five putts from each distance until I have covered the whole spectrum. Generally I roll around 200-300 putts per night. I would be able to compare speed control and accuracy in a controlled environment against my stable of putters with few variables as the green would remain the same. Soon I would be able to supplement this by taking my putters to the nearby golf course to roll putts every couple of nights and report back my findings. I consider putting to be my strongest part of my game and take great pride in working on this aspect of the game.

I finally saw the latest PING commercial for these, 3 Lee Westwoods with TRs, no surprise he made all three!!!
This is also super informative:

Awesome vid icey!!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Ping Karsten B60
2. What is your strength in putting? Lag putting distance control
3. What is your weakness in putting? consistency from short range
4. What style of Scottsdale TR would you choose if chosen to test? B60 or Tatum
5. What process or methodology will you be using to test the Scottsdale TR against your putter? I would begin with several days of practice on my clubs putting green comparing the Scottsdale vs my own using varying adjustments to length to find my perfect length (I am 5'4 so this is a problem with most putters but with adjustability down to 31" this could be solved and really intrigues me). Since it is very early in the season, I would have the ability to play many rounds alone, thus giving me the opportunity to game two putters on the course. I would keep statistics on accuracy and distance and compare between the two.

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid Icey.

Last day to sign up folks...keep 'em coming.

Back