GHIN revision day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went up from 4.5 to 4.9. No worries. It's February.

I liked my handicap better when I got it from Golfshot. This legitimate GHIN stuff is a kick in the junk.

The winter has not been good to my game - 2 rounds in the 70's fell off and I shot up a full stroke

My stupid handicap index calculator, chicago district golf association, won't let me post new scores until April 1st.... I've gotten out and golfed at least 3 times this winter and none of them count...

My stupid handicap index calculator, chicago district golf association, won't let me post new scores until April 1st.... I've gotten out and golfed at least 3 times this winter and none of them count...

You should move south, strictly for GHIN purposes. :angel:

Mine is still hovering around 15...hopefully it will start to drop soon

18.7 to 18.8 or rounded off to a 19 handicap. It's funny because we have charts below our ghin listing, that show a course handicap for each set of tees. All of the guys in my regular group and age play from the white tees. The course handicap for the white tees for me is a 20. Anyone understand how they determine a course/tee local handicap.

There is a lookup table for each possible slope. You just find the table for your course slope then find the range within that table where your index is located and that corresponds to a course handicap.

There is a lookup table for each possible slope. You just find the table for your course slope then find the range within that table where your index is located and that corresponds to a course handicap.

Got ya! Now when MaryC comes to town, I can play her straight up, since we are basically the same handicap :blob::alien:. No help from KellyBo now Mary :D

Got ya! Now when MaryC comes to town, I can play her straight up, since we are basically the same handicap :blob::alien:. No help from KellyBo now Mary :D

Ya oughta know the GHIN just ain't quiet that simple. Mary is probably going to get a shot or two depending on difference between course ratings for men and women. This time use course rating, not slope, it is a different thing and gets into the high weeds for some folks. But, you subtract the course ratings for the tees each of you play then add that difference to the person playing the tees with higher course rating. The same would be true men vs men on different tees.

Of course, if you can get her to play you even, just forget all the above.

9.9 -> 9.7. continuing to improve

Dropped to 7.0 - this is not good. Heading for another little Scotland trip with a few close friends and we play for (sometimes expensive) scotch so I'm really hoping to lose this scoring hot streak...

From 11.1 up to 11.2. Ready for spring to get here.

Wrong way! 10.2 to 10.8. #thisgameishard

One month till I can post scores. Haven't decided if I'll renew this year or not.

18.8 to 19.6 Ghin which is the highest handicap I have had in over 20 years. Ok that's enough! I have reached the climax with this fricking handicap stuff, and will be heading back down the other side of the mountain starting now. Gawd have mercy on those boys in my upcoming match play event. It's full handicap and my club handicap from the white tees will be 21 or 22. I will be getting a stroke per hole and on some holes two.

Last edited:
One month till I can post scores. Haven't decided if I'll renew this year or not.

same here, not going back to a club this year and dont forsee myself playing in any events any time soon where I need to have one

I greatly prefer GHIN over the free sites, so it's either going to be offical or none at all. I guess that means I'll probably renew.

Today is the first day we can post...mine will probably shoot way up with the way I've been playing lately...:beat-up:

I greatly prefer GHIN over the free sites, so it's either going to be offical or none at all. I guess that means I'll probably renew.

dont do one, we can both be a 6 this year!

Went from 9.2 to 8.6 this time. Had some rounds in the 70's. Mostly in the 80's though.

Miraculously I'm still at a 5.9. I've posted back-to-back 92s since the last revision, so I doubt the next one will be as pretty.

Went from 9.2 to 8.6 this time. Had some rounds in the 70's. Mostly in the 80's though.

Good movement, especially for this time of year and conditions that go along with it.

Mine didn't move much up .1 to 9.8 with 29 scores posted in 2013.

I may be making some inroads but it takes a while for those high scores to migrate out of the calculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back