Golf Pride New Decade - Fresh Grips

Dr.Deuss

Reaction score
Handicap
NewDecades.jpg
Hi everybody, just got my entire bag (minus putter) re-gripped with New Decade Multi Compound's. I've only played 9 holes with them, and even that was jumping the gun. I was told to wait until tomorrow because I went with 3 wraps of tape, But I couldn't wait that long and had to get on the course.

The stock grips on my Callaway Irons were a full cord grip, and while only a year old, were apparently "toast" according to my club pro. Amazed I have played enough in one year to essentially destroy the grips.

So far, I am very happy with my re-grip. These are very lightweight, and have a great feel. The cord design gives a very solid feel in my left hand, while the upper is soft and squishy. I knew these would be lighter, and I was looking forward to the increased weight in the head. i wasn't expecting them to feel just as I imagined. With the soft feel in my right hand, I can really fire through without squeezing so hard. It took me a few holes to get used to the timing of my release, and how quickly I can get the club turned over now. The feel of my wedges is absolutely phenomenal now! I have heard playing the correct grips can save you 5 strokes per round, and I am a believer.

Every club was coming off at a higher trajectory, but not ballooning. I play Project X 6.0 Flighted iron shafts, and have always had a low-mid flight. These grips have given me a sense of connection to my clubs, and have taken the guesswork out of knowing where the head is.

I have made great strides in my swing lately, and am developing a much stronger confidence in my swing and abilities. Finding a great fit in my hands is a monumental step in creating the solid, exceptional game I know is in me.

Last edited:
That's an excellent write up of those grips. I feel the same way you do about them, and I have them on every club in my bag except the putter of course. I doubt I'll ever be using anything else.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

Chicago based U.S Equities Realty, a facility management company wanted a replacement for it's worn out traditional black asphalt - covered rooftop. After much research they decided on the Clean and Green Roofing solution, an organic rooftop. This new roofing material is surprisingly non - toxic, flame resistant, water - proofed and has high reflectivity. The specialty is that it is able to lower the inside and the outside temperature of the building.

I'm highly confused.

That's an excellent write up of those grips. I feel the same way you do about them, and I have them on every club in my bag except the putter of course. I doubt I'll ever be using anything else.

Thank you, that's kind of what inspired me to write about them. I started thinking about my next set of irons, and how they'll have to feel right WITH a set of New Decades'.

I think I should have gotten +1 more wrap, or the midsize, but I will wait until I play some more rounds with this setup.

Great write up Dr.D! If the grips feel right and give you confidence, then you made the right choice.

Chicago based U.S Equities Realty, a facility management company wanted a replacement for it's worn out traditional black asphalt - covered rooftop. After much research they decided on the Clean and Green Roofing solution, an organic rooftop. This new roofing material is surprisingly non - toxic, flame resistant, water - proofed and has high reflectivity. The specialty is that it is able to lower the inside and the outside temperature of the building.

:confused2:

Nice write up Dr.D, I think the white New Decades are one of the sharpest looking grips made.

Nice write up Dr.D, I think the white New Decades are one of the sharpest looking grips made.

Yeah...what dawg said....I was distracted by the SPAM after your write up. Love the Multi-compound grips

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Love these grips for heat. I also love their Tour Velvets but they just get too slick in the rain.

Great write up!

nice write up, thats the same grip i use on all my clubs as well, i go Midsize with +1 extra wrap of tape and its the perfect size for my hand. No matter what grip i try i always come back to these so i just quit trying new grips lol

great write up i am def switching to these when my grips wear out. i bought my 60* with them one on it just to try them out and i love the way it feels.

Guys how long do your grips last? I play 2 rounds every week and never noticed any difference in me losing grip!

How much were the grips and the actual regripping?

Guys how long do your grips last? I play 2 rounds every week and never noticed any difference in me losing grip!

i play about the same as you and i usually regrip once a year maybe a year and a half.. i usually use cord grips but i just bought new irons with regular grips so i doubt they will last me more than a year.

Nice write up. I have a mid size on my driver and love it. im seriously considering the rest of my clubs to

Nice grips sounds like they are paying off already.

I agree that these grips are fantastic and I've regripped my two sets of irons and wedges with these. They do seem to allow me to turn the clubface over more easily and I just have a lot of confidence with them. I don't like them for my woods though. I use the Lamkin N-Dur 3gen for my driver and 3 wood. I like the tackiness and sponginess of the Lamkin grip better for woods.

Very nicely done. I have these grips on my New CG16's Love them

love these grips. Just got my woods and wedges regripped with these and love them.

I have the same grips in midsize and absolutely love them....be prepared to buy new gloves more often as these things destroy them. I also found myself wearing 2 gloves at the range because a few buckets of balls with these grips with tear up your hands. Enjoy them!!

I use the same grips but they were a little rough on my hands so I am switching over to the VDR next regrip which I put on my PW to "test" it out. The VDR is more a soft but tacky grip.

Love these grips for heat. I also love their Tour Velvets but they just get too slick in the rain.

Slippery grips are a big issue for me as well, and I really hate feeling the club twist in my hand.

nice write up, thats the same grip i use on all my clubs as well, i go Midsize with +1 extra wrap of tape and its the perfect size for my hand. No matter what grip i try i always come back to these so i just quit trying new grips lol

What color do you have, and how long did it take to figure out the right sizing for you?

great write up i am def switching to these when my grips wear out. i bought my 60* with them one on it just to try them out and i love the way it feels.

Agreed, the feel on the wedges is very impressive so far. They allow me to know where the head is, and keep soft hands without having to steer.

How much were the grips and the actual regripping?

At my home course, $10.99 each. That covered installation, and the extra tape. Luckily I still had some tournament credit on the books.

Back