Hello from England

strawboater

Reaction score
Handicap
Hiya folks - I have been a member for a little bit now and lurked as a guest before that too, so it was about time I introduced myself. I live in the midlands of England, about 15 minutes drive from the Belfry on the outskirts of the city of Birmingham.

I've been playing golf since the age of 9 - my godfather played for the scratch county team and did his best to teach me the basics. I grew up half a mile from a links course on the north Kent coast and the harsh conditions taught me to keep my shots low in the driving winds! I was a junior at the course until it turned 18, and at the time I had my handicap down to 13.

University brought me to Birmingham, and student life (and funds) clashed with my golf. Ten years on I'm now self-employed and run a holiday tour company offering canal and river cruises across the UK. We're away working on the holiday boats between April and October which has really been killing my golf game, but this should be my last summer of torture and I can then get back on the course more often. I'm restricted to driving range practice at the moment and can't wait to get back out there.

I'm 6'6" and I generate loads of backspin - my PW only travels 80 yards currently but must fly 100ft upwards too! I'm taking monthly lessons to try and get a more penetrating flight.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum and giving the view from the other side of the pond.

strawboater

welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome!

Glad to have you

Welcome aboard Stawboater!

Welcome happy to have you!

Boozhoo(Welcome) to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome aboard Strawboater

Great to have you here, hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP!

welcome to THP

:welcome:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome Ye Old Chap!

Back