I've broken through!!!!

Flooder

Reaction score
Handicap
I posted this in the trying to break 80 thread, but you'll have to pardon me if I'm so excited that I double post and give this news it's own billing. I've been off the course for 5+ hours, and I still can't believe what happened. My previous best was an 80 and I'd only done that once, so to come out and shoot a 76 on a par 72 course blew my mind!

scorecard10811.jpg

Birdieing 2 of the first 3 holes and making the turn at even par were both huge assists in keeping me calm. I was never in a position of "needing" a shot or putt for 79 (I'm not sure I could have handled that pressure). This round ended up being full of firsts actually. First sub-80, first ever 9 holes at even par, first ever round w/o a double bogey.

Huge props to the Srixon Q-star, and the TaylorMade Ghost Spider who have both recently come into my life and changed my game for the better. I'm back out tomorrow afternoon. Can I do it again??? LOL!

Congrats again, Flooder!

Congrat's on the great round!!! Now go do it again tomorrow!!!

Congrats on breaking 80! I broke 80 for the first time this year, and ever since then have busted my tail to do it more often. Keep up the hard work, you will be doing it consistently now!

Congrats! That is a really solid round.

Way to go on a fantastic round!

congrats feels great once you break that barrier and personally i think its a lot easier once you get the first one out of the way.

Great stuff man! Now just to repeat and find that rhythm again. It'll be hard but you'll get used to it haha

Only problem is now if your like me you will be mad every time u shoot 80 again

Last edited:
Good job. Do it some more.

Kevin

Congrats Flooder! Hopefully this won't be the only one.

Great round Flooder! 76 is a great score!!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Great score man and congrats!!!

Well done sir!

Congrats! I had a similar breakthrough recently (although mine was <100), and it felt great. You should frame that score card!

Congrats on the great round, I would have posted it twice too!

Hey...what's better than shooting 80? Sharing it with over 8,000 people! Congrats, hope to see another one soon!

Very cool, congrats.

Congrats on the achievement! Well done!

Congrats and the round Flooder...especially with all the "firsts" !

Congrats Flooder!

Congrats! that is a great round!

Congrats Flooder! That's some really great shooting!

Thanks everyone. I'm headed out to play this afternoon and as some of you said, I'm a little lost as to how to approach the round. For sooo long it's been, "Today's the day you're going to break 80". Hard to know what expectations to set going forward. Maybe today's a good day to just have fun and see what happens.

Thanks everyone. I'm headed out to play this afternoon and as some of you said, I'm a little lost as to how to approach the round. For sooo long it's been, "Today's the day you're going to break 80". Hard to know what expectations to set going forward. Maybe today's a good day to just have fun and see what happens.

That's the attitude and congratulations I've broken 80 3 times in my last 5 rounds also with the QStar and a TM Corza putter and it they are a nice duo.

Back