Joe Paterno in serious condition

He actually just passed.
Edited your title.

I wonder if the recent events that removed him from coaching, was too much for his old heart?

Family is now disputing it. Saying he's 'gravely serious'. Ugh.....

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Hate to hear this. A legend in College Football and Sports. Awful the way his career ended.

Wow...such a fast decline after his firing...Penn State was his life, and apparently his lifeline. RIP. He will always be a legend in my mind.

Sadly my reaction to this news is far different now as opposed to 6 months ago

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I feel the same way Chunky, like I said, terrible that he went out the way he did.

Sadly this is the truth, the legacy is tarnished forever now.

This is terrible news. I hate this. He will be sorely missed in the whole sports world.

I feel for his family. He left behind a wife, children and grandchildren. He was so much to so many. RIP Joe Pa

He actually just passed.
Edited your title.

Thanks for the update JB news is slow in DC tonight. RIP Joe

RIP Joe Pa. A coaching legend whose career ended on a sour note.

I wish he could have stuck around long enough to either clear his name or give some better details on what happened. Too late now.

RIP Joe Pa. A coaching legend whose career ended on a sour note.

Is that what that was? A sour note?

Kevin

Apparently he's not dead.

This is from his son on twitter, 4 minutes ago.

I appreciate the support & prayers. Joe is continuing to fight.

All the reports I'm reading say he's still alive...

All the reports I'm reading say he's still alive...

yeah, it appears very mixed right now. Half the reports say he just passed, and half say he is gravely ill.

Man I just had a feeling after he left Penn state that something would happen soon. Seemed like football was what was keeping him alive. I feel bad for the guy, he got mixed up in some bad stuff but I hope he is remembered for his football rather than the Sandusky incident

Wow. crazy. I hope he is remembered for all the good he did as well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...ate-managing-editor-resigns-Penn-State-012112

'Onward' editor resigns after error

Updated Jan 21, 2012 11:19 PM ET

The managing editor of Penn State's student-run Onward State stood down Saturday night after the website incorrectly reported that the university's former football coach Joe Paterno had died.

The report, which cited sources, caused an online frenzy after CBS Sports ran with it — originally without crediting Onward State — before a family spokesman told The New York Times that the reports "were absolutely not true."

Joe Paterno's sons Scott and Jay also took to Twitter to deny the reports, saying their father — who has been in the hospital since Jan. 13 — was in "serious condition" and "continuing to fight" in his battle against lung cancer.

The Onward State report said Penn State players had been notified of the legendary coach's death via email, but the website later tweeted an apology saying, "We were confident when we ran with it, and are still trying to figure out where our process failed. We apologize sincerely for error."

The managing editor, Devon Edwards, then released a statement saying he would be stepping down, effective immediately.

"I take full responsibility for the events that transpired tonight, and for the black mark upon the organization that I have caused," Edwards wrote.

"I never, in a million years, would have thought that Onward State would be cited by the national media, and today, I sincerely wish it never had been.

"To all those who read and passed along our reports, I sincerely apologize for misleading you. To the Penn State community and to the Paterno family most of all, I could not be more sorry for the emotional anguish I am sure we caused.

"There are no excuses for what we did. We all make mistakes, but it's impossible to brush off one of this magnitude. Right now, we deserve all of the criticism headed our way."

Joe Paterno is the new face of "Do as I say, not as I do."

Since Joe Paterno is probably going to pass away soon I will say this early, I will continue to not care about Joe Paterno and his well being.

Back