Lexi Thompson on Golf Digest

Lexi Thompson on Golf Digest

• Great cover, no problem with it at all!

Votes: 66 41.8%
  • Don't like it, could have conveyed their message in a different manner.

Votes: 33 20.9%
  • Don't really care either way.

Votes: 59 37.3%

• Total voters
who saw deer hunting and stripper references coming? :alien:

Just like golf digest, this is for entertainment and shock value purposes only.

Dead deer would bother me much more than this in all honesty. I have no dog in the fight so it doesn't bother me but it's sad that this is what GD has come to.

Agree on moral compass....assumptions/perceptions are a b*tch!

I do agree that it is sad that this is what GD has become. But trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator is a lot easier than trying to be insightful and smart regarding that game of golf. (see my post below)

At least Blair found something she is successful at.

Imagine if she did power snatches.

My first reaction was that I didn't see the point in this being on the cover, but the more I think about it, this is what the third or fourth time in a six to nine month period that Golf Digest has pulled some sort of attention grabbing for their cover. Wonder if this new direction is working at all for them from a sales perspective.

I told the wife there seems to be outrage for this cover. Her response # most of her boobs are covered and you see no nips, what's the problem?"

Dooooon't care. Similar covers/pictures are everywhere. It's the way things are now. I bet you this magazine sitting on a newsstand will grab people's attention, golfer or not, much better than if she was in a workout outfit. And that's the goal.

They put the picture they did on the cover because it might sell some extra magazines....

Looking through the gallery, I really liked #8 with the crossed arm and the Puma glove.

No sure I see the issue. In this day and age why can't the body be appreciated for what it is. Why does it have to be viewed as sexual. It is high time we stop seeing sex when an attractive female shows off her body.
b_svmuxu8aeqq7d1_zps92oue6o8.jpg

So... what were the cart girl confessions?
And damn, I'm a bit jealous of his striations. I wonder if he does the #powersnatch.

No sure I see the issue. In this day and age why can't the body be appreciated for what it is. Why does it have to be viewed as sexual. It is high time we stop seeing sex when an attractive female shows off her body.

I think that point could be made, if not for the side boob being showcased. The shot was definitely playing on sex appeal.

It's a shame that it's instantly meant to be sexual. Unfortunately that's where society is today.

I for one have no trouble with it. I've seen more revealing bikinis at the beach, which no one seemed to have a problem with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agree 100%! We've all got the same stuff, everybody lighten up.

I think that point could be made, if not for the side boob being showcased. The shot was definitely playing on sex appeal.
Anyone can the point they need to support their point of view. My point is that no one brought up the cover I posted. There is no issue with a shirtless Rory. But Lex shows some SB and peeps have issue. If that pic gets people pulse going then that's on them and their level of thinking.

Anyone can the point they need to support their point of view. My point is that no one brought up the cover I posted. There is no issue with a shirtless Rory. But Lex shows some SB and peeps have issue. If that pic gets people pulse going then that's on them and their level of thinking.
I don't have an issue with lexis picture, but I still think there is a different intent between Rorys picture imitating a statue and lexis photo highlighting her side boob. Like I said I don't really have an issue with either, but I don't think they are the same.

I think he was just saying that GD is clearly playing to those who aren't as evolved as you are, and knowing what 95% of people seeing the cover will think. Right or wrong societal views of men vs women are not the same for the majority

I understand all that and I am not disputing that. Just adding to the conversation

Just GD doing anything they can to sell the mag. Wonder what she got paid for that shot? I still just don't get why these young girls think they need to do this?

Here is her Instagram page; https://instagram.com/lexi/

Only time will tell if the preverts come out of the woodwork..............

I don't see what the big deal is, she is more covered than most bikinis show. I get that the shot has nothing to do with golf, but a lot of their covers don't like last months with Rory on the cover. It's abougrabbing the consumers attention in the store and hoping they will buy it, and getting more attention for the magazine which is clearly working (at least in regards to attention).

This thread has become pretty comical.

It's an obvious attempt to garner attention (which is obviously working) but I don't see anything distasteful about.

Just GD doing anything they can to sell the mag. Wonder what she got paid for that shot? I still just don't get why these young girls think they need to do this?

Here is her Instagram page; https://instagram.com/lexi/

Only time will tell if the preverts come out of the woodwork..............
Why does rory need to take his shirt off and post that on the interweb? it's because they're good looking people . it's what good looking people do.

Mission accomplished: We are talking. She's 20 years old now, I think she can handle herself. Sure, it's a bit risque similar to the Hannah Davis and the SI Swimsuit cover, but we will get over it in a few days.

Now get off my lawn! :alien:

Why does rory need to take his shirt off and post that on the interweb? it's because they're good looking people . it's what good looking people do.
I would never wear a shirt if I looked like Rory does lol

On a side note, these girls know what they're doing/selling also. Just for example, look at what somebody like Sandra Gal wears most times, including today. She has a nice body and knows it, and flaunts it. If she gets more twitter followers or fans from wearing short shorts or tight shirts, she can.

I would never wear a shirt if I looked like Rory does lol

On a side note, these girls know what they're doing/selling also. Just for example, look at what somebody like Sandra Gal wears most times, including today. She has a nice body and knows it, and flaunts it. If she gets more twitter followers or fans from wearing short shorts or tight shirts, she can.

But, I still wonder what they think when the preverts comment on the pic's? I see them saying nothing or very little, but the world is full of some pretty sad sob's............

This thread has become pretty comical.

It's an obvious attempt to garner attention (which is obviously working) but I don't see anything distasteful about.
They want to generate a buzz. I'm willing to bet a majority of Golf Digest's customers are men, and let's face it a majority of men who don't subscribe will see this, and think "I'm getting this issue". Lexi clearly approved it, and she is an adult that is allowed to make these decisions. I don't have a problem with the cover.

But, I still wonder what they think when the preverts comment on the pic's? I see them saying nothing or very little, but the world is full of some pretty sad sob's............

What constitutes a pervert?

I certainly don't mind looking at pictures of scantily clad women, although honestly I find nothing about Lexi Thompson attractive.

Back