Mohawks, THP, and the "C" word

Wow. First off, good luck to you and your wife in this battle. Hope she whoops it for good. Glad to hear she is getting better. I like that you and your family and friends are sporting the mohawk in support & I agree with your take about making her smile if for only a few times a day. It's working!

Fight like a brave!

That is such awesome news!!!! Congrats!!!! I am so happy, reading that she is at 0 put such a smile on my face

Sorry to hear that russ. You got a pic of your mohawk? Thank you for the kind words.

thanks bro... no pic cuz mine is nowhere near as cool as yours... i have the fat mohawk lol

I'm so happy to see that the news was good! I read your first post and it just left me in tears. My thoughts are with you and your wife. I was going to comment on the dye job on the first mowhawk, but then I saw the second pic! I love the pink!

Our family will be thinking of you both. Thanks for sharing, I imagine how tough it must be just to type it all out. If good thoughts help at all, then the amount of them coming your way from the folks at THP will surly speed along the recovery.

Congrats on the medical report, Mr. and Mrs. Tomahawk!

That is so so so soooooo awesome to hear. Congrats on the good report Hawk and family!!!

Glad to hear of the good numbers. Love the new look! Keep her smiling with fresh colors and she'll be feeling better and better each day.

I just found this too and I want to thank you for sharing it. This was very touching to read and I hope the best for you and your wife. Great haircut too.

Thanks all. Just got home from the hospital and all good for the night.

TH that is outstanding news man. I love the pink hawk also.

Great news TH. Hearing this starts the day out right, glad to hear you guys are getting great reports.

A little update. My wife had another treatment yesterday and her blood numbers are still good. Still at 0. YAY!! Next Tuesday she has her 2nd to last overnight hospital treatment, then a booster treatment the following Tuesday. The 31st will be her last overnight hospital stay and June 7th will be her final chemo treatment! There is finally an ending in sight and she will be returning to work on June 15th. Tomorrow we are getting the crew together for a group pic of all the people who shaved their heads or went mohawk in support of my wife. Setho, I am going to try and photoshop you into the pic if I can. I will PM you. Thanks again. I will post the pic later this week. Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers over the past few week, they seemed to have helped.

A little update. My wife had another treatment yesterday and her blood numbers are still good. Still at 0. YAY!! Next Tuesday she has her 2nd to last overnight hospital treatment, then a booster treatment the following Tuesday. The 31st will be her last overnight hospital stay and June 7th will be her final chemo treatment! There is finally an ending in sight and she will be returning to work on June 15th. Tomorrow we are getting the crew together for a group pic of all the people who shaved their heads or went mohawk in support of my wife. Setho, I am going to try and photoshop you into the pic if I can. I will PM you. Thanks again. I will post the pic later this week. Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers over the past few week, they seemed to have helped.

Awesome! I still have the hawk if you need another picture.

Awesome! I still have the hawk if you need another picture.

I may need one. It depends on how the picture tomorrow is set up. I will let you know. :)

Thanks for the update and so glad to know the ending is in sight. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Glad to hear all is going so well and offer a prayer for you both.
Looking at the before(blonde) and after (pink) --keep the pink!!!
I could do the bald but not the 'hawk with the bare (or nearly so) spot on the top.
Best wishes for continuous great news.
Jeff

Sounds like the treatments have been the golf equivalent of breaking 70 - glad to hear that. We don't get enough good news these days and it is good to hear that your wife is doing well.

Here are a few pics of the group. There are 3 more people who shaved their heads, but couldn't make it for the photo. Also, our guy SethO has also joined the team of mohawks! So a total of 11 people changed their appearance in part to cheer up my wife and show support! To all of these people, we can't thank you enough for your kindness! Milissa is still at 0 ane we only have 3 weeks left!

hair063.jpg

hair049.jpg

hair053.jpg

Thumps up big guy! Great news for you and your sweet wife :clapp:

Great pics thanks for sharing, looks like you out-kicked your coverage with her though, you are a lucky man.

That's great news about your wife's progress! :thumb: Absolutely love the support you're both getting - you are truly blessed.

Back