Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

Merged with another thread.

Spent some time with these and they performed admirably. Distance was solid, good feel and good spin. However I have a question for those that are getting great durability. Can you compare it to other balls in the same category? Because outside of the Pro V1, I am not sure I have seen a premium ball get chewed up by wedges as fast as these. Granted it has only been wedge game, but I showed GG the ball after one flop shot and it looked like the cover had freaking melted.

Spent some time with these and they performed admirably. Distance was solid, good feel and good spin. However I have a question for those that are getting great durability. Can you compare it to other balls in the same category? Because outside of the Pro V1, I am not sure I have seen a premium ball get chewed up by wedges as fast as these. Granted it has only been wedge game, but I showed GG the ball after one flop shot and it looked like the cover had freaking melted.

Yikes. Isn't this like the softest cover Nike has ever used? Maybe durability problems are unavoidable.

Yikes. Isn't this like the softest cover Nike has ever used? Maybe durability problems are unavoidable.

If that's the case, I'll hate paying for these things. Durability is a big deal to me.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

If that's the case, I'll hate paying for these things. Durability is a big deal to me.

Yeah, me too.

I have not had this experience with the ball shredding off my wedge. What type of wedges are you playing? Others have said the same about the ball shredding I just have been there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not had this experience with the ball shredding off my wedge. What type of wedges are you playing? Others have said the same about the ball shredding I just have been there...

CG15s.

I'm with TC, I need a fairly durable ball that will last more than a few shots from a wedge. I'm still intrigued and want to give these a shot at some point.

Dang if those CG15's are tearing these up after one shot my Jaws are really gonna do some damage lol, havent had a chance to get on course with them yet so i havent hit any full wedge shots, i havent noticed any shredding on pitch, and chips yet.

I concur. Although mine is more for trees and cart paths, not full wedge shots - haha.

Tap before talk.

I have seen some of the cover issues as the others have stated. I was actually able to get both models on the Bridgestone Science Eye at a fitting today and what is surprising to me is how low spin they are. The X for me was getting spin rates between 1400-1700rpm's. With the S the spin was slightly higher 1600-1900 rpm's at around 114 mph clubhead speed. Launch angles were in the low 14's. I then compared the ball I have been playing since the PGA show the B330-S, same launch angle and swing speed and spin rates around 2200 rpm's which is definitely more suitable for me. I was hitting the 330-S about 5 yards further than the 20XI-S, and 7 yards further than the 20XI-X. Should be interesting to get them on the course and see some ball flights.

I had a chance to play the X model last Thursday and they are a good ball. I really liked how it felt a bit firmer off the putter. I did notice some durability issues, however, unlike JB it wasn't because of my wedged it was due to trees and cart paths. I will say that I am going to stick with my Bridgestone B330RX. While I liked how firm the ball felt off the putter, it just didn't seem like I was able to compress the ball enough with the rest of my clubs.

Thanks for the input Royalwulff

I'm with you JB. Nikes have never been known for durability. With that being said I'm getting great performance playing with the S. Right up there with the Pentas... Which have been my favs by far for a while now.

I'm with you JB. Nikes have never been known for durability. With that being said I'm getting great performance playing with the S. Right up there with the Pentas... Which have been my favs by far for a while now.

thats good to hear, penta is a great ball, i will have to see for myself just how they hold up, have had a dozen since last week and im itching to get out and play with them

If you Want a durable ball, try the z star yellow. I swear these feel more durable than any other ball, including the white z star.

If you Want a durable ball, try the z star yellow. I swear these feel more durable than any other ball, including the white z star.

I have used it for a long while and in my opinion it is not as durable as the Bridgestones in the premium category. More durable than these and the Titleists, but not at that highest level yet for me in terms of durability. Great ball though.

Last edited:
I have used it for a long while and in my opinion it is not as durable as the Bridgestones in the premium category. More durable than these and the Titleists, but not at that highest level yet for me in terms of durability. Great ball though.

the B330RX Yellow is very durable, i find the zstar yellow to be close to the bridgestone but not quite as durable

I found just the opposite. Full wedge shots do not show any wear or scuffs from my 8620s on the yellow z star. While with both the white z star and the b330s I get scuffing. Not as bad as a pro v1, but definite scuffing. I know srixon says there is nothing different in the covers but color, but my results don't show that. Plus I get a more consistent spin from the z star. I like the 330s, but too many times I would get a one hop and stop, then a 10' rollout.

there isnt a difference, its just the yellow doesnt show marks as easy thats why it seams its not scuffing up, it just hides it better

I find the Bridgestone RXS to be very durable, as well as long off the tee, with plenty of spin around the greens.

there isnt a difference, its just the yellow doesnt show marks as easy thats why it seams its not scuffing up, it just hides it better

You hit the nail right here. Talking with the company about this very thing and seeing the ball in two pieces (cut), you can tell the cover is the same material and thickness. Just an optical thing. One can test this with sandpaper if they choose.

You hit the nail right here. Talking with the company about this very thing and seeing the ball in two pieces (cut), you can tell the cover is the same material and thickness. Just an optical thing. One can test this with sandpaper if they choose.

yup, the yellow just hides the scuffs allot better, you can feel them just hard to see them.

Alright guys and gals got to play 9 tonight and used the 20XI S and it performed pretty well, i can say for 100% sure that i will NOT buy anymore of these just for the fact i used 2 balls for 9 holes, the durability of these are the worst i have seen yet out of any premium ball, i shredded the cover with a freaking 7 iron then the Jaws just finished them off. If you dont mind horrible durability then you will like these, performed great but i dont see any reason to play these when there are balls just as good/better that last a long time.

Back