Nike VR Pro Combo Irons - Forum Testing Review

Nice write up mcook.
Look forward to the rest of the reviews.

Those are some sweet looking irons you fellas got/are getting there.

VIDEO:

Sorry for the video delay - YouTube FINALLY cooperated this morning. First post has been updated with the video and you can also see it here:

Damn that plastic wrapping!! Great video Mcook and great start to the thread

Great video! Nice job on showing off each of the different styles there. You did well to contain yourself and present the clip! :D

Awesome video! So jealous!

Great video. Those are some really nice looking irons.

THP I think you've done a great job picking the testers to the Nikes. So far I'm very impressed with what I've seen these guys good. Great work guys and look forward to keeping up on this thread

Great initial post Mike. You sure are one lucky guy.

Can't wait to read more reviews.

I'm not seeing the unboxing video... But great writeups and pictures thus far for sure. An excellent start to the review!

Great unboxing video Mcook, great job keeping this thread going until the others get their sticks. Looking forward to more updates on these cause I absolutely loved them at the demo day.

Great unboxing video Mcook, great job keeping this thread going until the others get their sticks. Looking forward to more updates on these cause I absolutely loved them at the demo day.

+1. Thanks for holding down the fort. Great job on the video.

My pleasure guys - trust me!!

I have 5 specific items so far to focus on tonight at the range to answer some questions and provide more feedback to you guys. If there is anything else that you have on your mind or want to see videos or photos of anything specific, please do not hesitate to ask for it!

Great initial range session review and un-boxing video mcook! Those are just plain sexy!

My pleasure guys - trust me!!

I have 5 specific items so far to focus on tonight at the range to answer some questions and provide more feedback to you guys. If there is anything else that you have on your mind or want to see videos or photos of anything specific, please do not hesitate to ask for it!

I know this is early in the process but I'm going to ask it anyways. Do you feel you can work the ball better with these irons, that is, do you think you can hit more than one shot shape (on purpose) as opposed to your previous GI irons?

I know this is early in the process but I'm going to ask it anyways. Do you feel you can work the ball better with these irons, that is, do you think you can hit more than one shot shape (on purpose) as opposed to your previous GI irons?

Funny you ask as this is something I failed to report on last night and did not realize it until I was trying to fall asleep.

My typical shot is a very slight fade - probably about 4-6 yards on average. The fade is very natural and I do not try to do it on purpose whatsoever but have learned to play it. I have always been of the mindset of just trying to hit the ball straight - I am not a worker of the ball. I can hit a draw if I really try.

Now - onto what I noticed last night. I did not see my draw with the Nike's. Everything was DEAD straight and I really do not know why....although I am not complaining about it. I will play with this some more tonight and see if I am able to move it either direction but to be honest it is probably a crapshoot as I usually do not try to at all.

Funny you ask as this is something I failed to report on last night and did not realize it until I was trying to fall asleep.

My typical shot is a very slight fade - probably about 4-6 yards on average. The fade is very natural and I do not try to do it on purpose whatsoever but have learned to play it. I have always been of the mindset of just trying to hit the ball straight - I am not a worker of the ball. I can hit a draw if I really try.

Now - onto what I noticed last night. I did not see my draw with the Nike's. Everything was DEAD straight and I really do not know why....although I am not complaining about it. I will play with this some more tonight and see if I am able to move it either direction but to be honest it is probably a crapshoot as I usually do not try to at all.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I don't try to work the ball (in both directions) very often either, but it is nice to know if you have that shot if you need it. Straight is always nice though!

Wow mcook, great pics, video, and initial feedback!!

Great pictures and unboxing thoughts and follow up mcook.

Sorry I forgot your specs Michael, but are the Nike's fitted to the same lie specs as your previous irons?

Mine will be 1* more upright than my current ones. Looking forward to testing the workabilityness on these too!

Sorry I forgot your specs Michael, but are the Nike's fitted to the same lie specs as your previous irons?

Mine will be 1* more upright than my current ones. Looking forward to testing the workabilityness on these too!

Yes - old & new were both standard length, loft & lie. Only real difference (except from GI to players irons) was the switch from graphite to steel.

Nice write up so far MCook. Video was nice too. Keep up the good work. I'm glad the tester's that are chosen for each piece of equipment are doing a great job!

Is this trough out the set (pocket,split and blade)? and in your old set, was it also throughout the set?

Back