Official 2013 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day Details - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

That was a little precarious, to say the least.

mward, I've had my clubs in my back seat before, but I don't like it. I feel like that's just asking for someone to break into your car.

Know the feeling. I have a two sestet with no trunk. Most of the time it's in the front seat or Tetris pieced into the back. It's a fun game /sarcasm

So, just as a nudge in a massive thread so I don't have to dig through 100+ pages, whats everyone's plans as far as arrival and departure?

I had been thinking of arriving on Tuesday evening cause I thought there would be a few around on Wednesday. Now it looks like most are arriving on Thursday so I might come in Wed. night. I will start checking out fares tonight and see if there is any difference.

Either way I am leaving Monday afternoon.

Sitting down right now and trying to figure out our travel situation for this trip. Looking to get in to the area on Thursday AM.

OG I can't wait to see you in loud mouth pants and swinging those pretty Mizuno irons....

I think I told them I would be coming in on Wednesday, but can't hoof the bill for a villa unless there is enough to fill it up. Guess an offsite would work and check in on Thursday? This is all new to me, and not sure how the rooms are assigned/filled up. Should I be getting nervous and getting this sorted out already?

Plane/Rental Car is another thing altogether. Butterflys building.

I think I told them I would be coming in on Wednesday, but can't hoof the bill for a villa unless there is enough to fill it up. Guess an offsite would work and check in on Thursday? This is all new to me, and not sure how the rooms are assigned/filled up. Should I be getting nervous and getting this sorted out already?

Plane/Rental Car is another thing altogether. Butterflys building.

No worries buddy. Wednesday night I will be staying offsite since it will be a travel day and no golf being played.

My current plan is to arrive Wednesday, stay off site that night, check in to the villa on Thursday and play a round, then leave either Sunday PM or Monday. Not sure if I'm flying or driving.

I might of missed it and if I did someone can let me know or maybe GG can answer. I know you need to be a guest of Reunion to play at Reunion and I would also assume you need to be a guest to take advantage of the all you can play feature of this outing. Having said that, will it be cool with the hotel to show up Thursday morning and be entitled to play and reap the rewards of the all you can play or would you need to check in the day before and therefore be an "established guest" versus waiting till afternoon till a room might be ready?

Probably a long shot, any 1 have room for 2 if your arriving late on thursday from the airport tot he villas, our flight lands at 10:54

OG I can't wait to see you in loud mouth pants and swinging those pretty Mizuno irons....

It will be good to see you again, brother from another Mother :friends:. Loud mouth shorts on this old man should be interesting and you may be seeing me with some :bridgestone:J40 DPC irons, if my plan works out. They are woodshed certified :thumb:

I apologize if this was asked or answer lies somewhere.
How are the foursomes formed? Is there a request or is there certain format?

Last year THP set up the morning foursomes and then we set up afternoons by creating a list.

I want to play with anyone and everyone!

For banter reasons and dolla dolla bills, y'all, there are a few guys I would LOVE to tee it up with again down in Orlando.

So, is it set by JB and GG or do folks pre-arrange?

I want to play with anyone and everyone!

For banter reasons and dolla dolla bills, y'all, there are a few guys I would LOVE to tee it up with again down in Orlando.

So, is it set by JB and GG or do folks pre-arrange?

Dunno. This is my first one as well, but lambro said above that THP sets up the foursomes the morning of and then guys set up a list for afternoon play. I'm fine with whatever. I'll play with anyone that has a good sense of humor and doesn't mind cigarette smoke. :act-up:

Usually anything set up before Saturday and Sunday's official round is our duty. The two of them are usually swamped and adding foursome setup might cause their heads to explode.

Last year the two Saturday and two Sunday rounds I played were setup beforehand. THP handled the morning rounds and then everyone who wanted an extra round started setting up second rounds. I know my Sunday afternoon foursome switched at the last minute because a few guys were exhausted so we just found four guys and took off.

The answer you are looking for is this.. "officially" the outing includes the demo day on Friday and two rounds of golf, one Saturday morning and one Sunday morning. Those rounds are organized and set-up by Golfergal. If there is someone you would like to play with I am sure you can ask her and she will do the best to try to make it happen but there are no guarantees. Now outside of those two rounds any tee times or groupings are up to the individuals to organize. Last year Tadashi and I put many of the groups together and I am not certain if something like that will happen again or it will be simply up to people to arrange foursomes and get tee-times. As we get closer that will become clearer.

I reckon we're planning to be staying at the resort Thursday till early Monday. Still to be decided, depending on other plans, but we'll definitely be there for the unofficial meet n greet on Thurs! Looking forward to it.

If there are any other non-golfing partners there, I think Nic will be keen to hook up and arrange some shopping or spa stuff while we golf, if they're interested.

I will be arriving Thursday and leaving late Sunday night. Can't wait to tee it up! Any competition besides contests at this outing?

Fl. golf oh yeah. Not sure what day I'll trip on over to reunion yet. I'll most likely roll into town on Monday and possibly check in Thurs and leave Sunday after a round or so.

It will be good to see you again, brother from another Mother :friends:. Loud mouth shorts on this old man should be interesting and you may be seeing me with some :bridgestone:J40 DPC irons, if my plan works out. They are woodshed certified :thumb:

What happened to your Mizzys?

I'm sure as we get closer details will be flowing.

What happened to your Mizzys?

At this time I still have them and the RBZ irons however May is almost 3 months away. I have been drooling over J40 irons since I had some time with them, during the pass it on program. Maybe you're not a club ho but many of us are :D

Uhhh. Yeah. Well that just happened.

Good lord. Announcement about the outing coming soon. Get EXCITED PEOPLE!!!!

Uhhh. Yeah. Well that just happened.

Good lord. Announcement about the outing coming soon. Get EXCITED PEOPLE!!!!

Uh oh!

Back