That wasn't confirmed anywhere prior to the season or prior to this mess.

No news there. He was retiring this year regardless. Too bad hes forced out though.

Reading that report made me physically sick, that people like that exists is a truly scary thing.

I don't care if you reported what you knew to a higher up or not, if it wasn't to the police then that is terrible.

As a coach I truly admired what JoePa stood for morally, now I can't help but wonder and feel disillusioned about him (just my opinion). Suffice to say I fully expect the entire staff of the football program to be replaced in a "cleaning house" movement to try and show the people things are being done. Way too little way too late though obviously.

Apologies if the has been hashed over already (I'm sure it has) but I've been absent lately so I felt like venting my thoughts on it.

I also think Mike McQueary(the grad assistant now WR coach), needs to go ASAP.

And I'd like to know why the DA decided not to file charges in 1998 when Sandusky admitted to inappropriate actions on the phone with a detective listening? There is so much blame to go around here it sickens me!

Heard this morning that the DA originally on this case "disappeared" back in 2005...and still hasn't been found. But, all of his financial accounts never had any suspicious activity after his disappearance. A search of his various computer's revealed that he was trying to figure out how to erase hard drives, blah, blah, blah. His car was found with cellphone in it. But, the DA, his wallet and laptop weren't found. I think his laptop was later found in some river. Nothing said about what other cases he was working on.

-----
Also heard that the student section will physically turn their backs to the football players & field during the playing of the school song. A better message would be to not attend the game.

I think PSU should cancel the rest of the season.

I also think Mike McQueary(the grad assistant now WR coach), needs to go ASAP.

Reading that report made me physically sick, that people like that exists is a truly scary thing.

I don't care if you reported what you knew to a higher up or not, if it wasn't to the police then that is terrible.

As a coach I truly admired what JoePa stood for morally, now I can't help but wonder and feel disillusioned about him (just my opinion). Suffice to say I fully expect the entire staff of the football program to be replaced in a "cleaning house" movement to try and show the people things are being done. Way too little way too late though obviously.

Apologies if the has been hashed over already (I'm sure it has) but I've been absent lately so I felt like venting my thoughts on it.

Most likely any new coach is going to want his own staff anyway, so cleaning house is virtually assured. I don't think it helps Penn State for Paterno to coach any more games, including this weekend.

I didn't think it was news. Every psu student I've spoken to knew he was done this year. Especially after he said he was done last year but decided to come back for "one last season".

Him being forced out though, that's new.

I didn't think it was news. Every psu student I've spoken to knew he was done this year. Especially after he said he was done last year but decided to come back for "one last season".

Yeah I'm not surprised at all with him leaving. It's just time for PSU to move on

Most likely any new coach is going to want his own staff anyway, so cleaning house is virtually assured. I don't think it helps Penn State for Paterno to coach any more games, including this weekend.

I don't either, and I think the same for the WR coach.

I don't either, and I think the same for the WR coach.

I agree...letting Paterno coach the last four/five games is going to create a 100K+ person pep rally behind him that is no longer appropriate.

I am not so sure we should be hanging Paterno out yet. People seem to forget what Paterno has done in the past and how strict he has been as a disciplinarian while running that program. Not sure that he is the kind of guy to just turn his cheek. Lets let all of the facts come out before we make judgement. I personnally can not wait until the PSU actually allows him to speak. He has not been someone in the past who was afraid to tell people what he was really thinking...

It was on his watch and I beleive he clearly knew something wasn't right yet he did nothing.

If this ends up anything like the Baylor/Coach Bliss Murder coverup, when this is all said and done, they will find a lot of skeletons related to other PSU sports wrongdoings than just the Sandusky thing.

One of the topics discussed on radio this AM was how attempts to cover this act up could be because of other NCAA violation-type activities happening and not wanting investigative personnel finding out what else was going on besides the Sandusky item.

The grand jury indictment was 23 pages of horrible stuff. What a turd that Sandusky is.

It makes me sick to think that this ass was doing this and multiple times people witnessed something and didn't do much more than tell someone else. I would have beat the living crap out of him right then and there if I saw it. How could you not?

The grand jury indictment was 23 pages of horrible stuff. What a turd that Sandusky is.

it's just awful.

It makes me sick to think that this ass was doing this and multiple times people witnessed something and didn't do much more than tell someone else. I would have beat the living crap out of him right then and there if I saw it. How could you not?

If you were the guy who saw him doing to a 10 year old what he did to him in the shower. How could you 1) not say anything then and there 2) leave the campus without stopping the actions. 3)go home and call your dad and then go to his house STILL WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING

I don't know Jake. It's pretty disgraceful. Too bad this will define JoPa's career.

I think that's the piece of the story that everyone is missing the most....not one but TWO adults had knowledge of the 'shower instance' before JoePa did yet they did nothing themselves and even waited until the next day to say anything.

If you were the guy who saw him doing to a 10 year old what he did to him in the shower. How could you 1) not say anything then and there 2) leave the campus without stopping the actions. 3)go home and call your dad and then go to his house STILL WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING

I think that's the piece of the story that everyone is missing the most....not one but TWO adults had knowledge of the 'shower instance' before JoePa did yet they did nothing themselves and even waited until the next day to say anything.

how about his father told him to come over to his house. Really? WTF? My dad would ask me 2 things immediately. 1)Did you do anything to stop it? 2)Did you call the police?

I've yet to miss a Nebraska game this year, but I will not sit through a love fest for this "Legend" or his program!

I heard there were only 4 schools that have never had NCAA sanctions brought against them and now its down to 3 schools.

exactly, if they don't have it now, they will have some big moraity issuesd to deal with now

how about his father told him to come over to his house. Really? WTF? My dad would ask me 2 things immediately. 1)Did you do anything to stop it? 2)Did you call the police?

I don't think you will Duey. It would be an epic fail in the court of public opinion for the network carrying that game.

I've yet to miss a Nebraska game this year, but I will not sit through a love fest for this "Legend" or his program!

unless I missed it, I'm not sure in sanctions have been or will be given out by the NCAA. I imagine they would but not totally sure if they can
I heard there were only 4 schools that have never had NCAA sanctions brought against them and now its down to 3 schools.

I agree ESox. that is so nasty

I don't think you will Duey. It would be an epic fail in the court of public opinion for the network carrying that game.
I agree. It might get briefly mentioned in the early going but that should be it. Hopefully!

exactly, if they don't have it now, they will have some big moraity issuesd to deal with now

unless I missed it, I'm not sure in sanctions have been or will be given out by the NCAA. I imagine they would but not totally sure if they can

No you are right, they are staying out of it right now, so I guess technically its still 4.

After reading the grand jury report, this even goes back to how the authorities handled things in 1998. How does a detective from the University Police listen to Sandusky talk to one of the boy's mothers and admit he was wrong, wishes could get get forgiveness, and then say he wishes he were dead, and then do nothing?

It is really disturbing, but if you want to discuss this situation, I suggest reading the Grand Jury report.

Or maybe not. I don't know. It is so sickening it's hard to get through. But after reading it, it seems obvious this runs pretty deep at the university. It's hard to believe the number of people and different departments that let this slide.

Kevin

After reading the grand jury report, this even goes back to how the authorities handled things in 1998. How does a detective from the University Police listen to Sandusky talk to one of the boy's mothers and admit he was wrong, wishes could get get forgiveness, and then say he wishes he were dead, and then do nothing?

It is really disturbing, but if you want to discuss this situation, I suggest reading the Grand Jury report.

Or maybe not. I don't know. It is so sickening it's hard to get through. But after reading it, it seems obvious this runs pretty deep at the university. It's hard to believe the number of people and different departments that let this slide.

Kevin

Not to forget a DA who was investigating but somehow goes missing. There's a lot that gets mentioned in the report that you just shake your head at and think "how could this continue to go on for so long."

Back