Rose & Fire Headcover - Product Spotlight

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth look at a new company you may not have heard of in the past. James takes a look at Rose & Fire Headcovers.

http://bit.ly/1nccDpL

Great write up James. These things look TOUGH.

JM

Love everything about them except the velcro closure on the putter cover.

Interesting look. It has a modern industrial feel to it.

The quality looks good.

These look mean. If Johnny Cash played golf I would imagine these on his clubs

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I love this company lol, Digital camo, blue jeans, biker leather, there's tons for me to love. Great write up Jman!

Nice review James. Those black headcovers look back- alley streetfigther tough. Some of their other designs on their site look fun as well.

I would game the camo putter covers immediately if I had a blade putter. The other head covers are not my style but are certainly unique. Thanks James for the write up and THP for spotlighting a company I would probably never hear of.

Solid review here James. I had the chance to mess around with both covers a few weeks ago and I can't stress the quality of these. The heaviest covers I've ever held and the attention to detail is just incredible.

While not my particular style, I would definitely consider this brand if/when I wanted a custom cover (assuming they would do it).

These covers will last a LONG LONG time.

And the company spotlight image is cool!

I really like the simplicity of these covers in that they look like they will just work and work for a long time without issue. They will stand out by being rugged and simple instead of flashy. The craftsmanship looks second to none. Thanks for a great review, James.

These look mean. If Johnny Cash played golf I would imagine these on his clubs

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

For me, that is reason enough to try and get a hold of these!

They are definitely unique. I really like the denim one they have on their site. The material and craftsmanship look to be top notch so they will probably last a really long time and still look new.

Great writeup James.

I have to wonder though how easy it would be to get a buildup of sand and grit in the wool like interior. Could cause some serious scratching.

Did you find that wiping down the club head before putting on the cover to be more essential with this type if headcover?

Very nice looking covers. I like that they are using some durable quality materials.

The leather looks pretty good. Not so sure about the nylon, at least in black. I get the purpose, but the look doesn't do much for me. They do have a decent variety of designs though.

Looks like good quality and durable

The leather looks pretty good. Not so sure about the nylon, at least in black. I get the purpose, but the look doesn't do much for me. They do have a decent variety of designs though.

I agree with you there Hawk about the leather and nylon. I just checked out the site and the Denim is pretty cool, definitely different.

rawdenimright.JPG

Freakin' love em.

Starting to see some really good custom head cover offerings out there. Is it I'm just paying more attention, or more people are actually seeing a market for this and trying to meet the demand?

nice review James. The Ballistic nylon headcover is pretty sweet, I like that there is additional functionality to these covers, rather than just club protection.

Although not my style, it is easy to tell they make a quality product. Would be interested in future offerings if they changed up the style.

Solid review here James. I had the chance to mess around with both covers a few weeks ago and I can't stress the quality of these. The heaviest covers I've ever held and the attention to detail is just incredible.

While not my particular style, I would definitely consider this brand if/when I wanted a custom cover (assuming they would do it).

These covers will last a LONG LONG time.

And the company spotlight image is cool!

Yep, DURABLE in every sense of the word, they are some of the heaviest duty headcovers I have ever seen, makes the price feel better when you know it'll last as long as you want it to.

For me, that is reason enough to try and get a hold of these!

I knew I liked you.

Great writeup James.

I have to wonder though how easy it would be to get a buildup of sand and grit in the wool like interior. Could cause some serious scratching.

Did you find that wiping down the club head before putting on the cover to be more essential with this type if headcover?

Not at all. You have to think, how is it any different than any other headcover you put on and besides that, how often is a driver or putter being coated in dirt and sand? (If they are...oof....haha)

While I could see it more as a concern with a hybrid, its still not a concern IMO. The material is plush and dense, sand wont settle on top. I intentionally tossed these on the ground when on the course with each use of the club they were on to see if I could make them filthy and beat them up. Zero issues. No reason to overthink them IMO, solid HC's.

And thank you for all of the comments everyone.

Pretty cool brand/company here with these.

FWIW, I've also seen one of the boutique putter companies offering these now, on the leather tab their logo is on it instead of the Rose and Fire logo, pretty sweet idea.

My thinking was more driver/FW/hybrid. But these seemed a little more plush than most. With a lot of early morning rounds I play and dirt and sand from reseeding getting stuck on the club I just thought maybe it would get trapped easier. Glad that's not the case.

This is a hard item to sell especially since everyone wants to sport the head covers from the OEM they purchase from. But if it's great quality I'm sure they will appeal to certain people out there.

Back