The 2nd Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Tour Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited! Just found out my parents are coming to the MC!!!!!

That's great IN!

This is a post I have wanted to make for a while and just felt it was the right time. First off, thank you all for your devotion to the Morgan Cup and what it means for the event as a whole. Its awesome seeing the excitement and makes us proud and honored to host it all for you. Second, at the end of the evening, there are obviously going to be some disappointed people and for that all we can say is we are sorry.

When we started the Morgan Cup, the demand was obviously high, so we went to a first come basis with emails and it was fun, but nothing like we saw this year. With the expansion to 24 participants, we wanted to do something special for the staff that puts in their hard work and time at THP to make this website what it is. That left 14 spots open (just like last year after captains) and we felt as though we wanted to make sure that we took all bias out of the equation, so we asked judges to be a part of this that knew nothing about the forum and the people here. In doing that, we created what we felt was a very "fair" environment for all that wanted to be involved. At the same time, the basis of the judging also meant that some people that have been wonderful parts of THP and the community here and true ambassadors to the brand might get left out, which makes this difficult and something that is extremely hard for both GG and myself.

Just know that you are not forgotten and please stick with us and the Morgan Cup.

One thing we can say is that with the help of everybody here, we can make this a wonderful event that says "Do It Again".

Well said JB, I am sure this has been difficult for both of you. Also, I am willing to bet the people you are speaking of are not going anywhere. That's why they are important to you and GG.

Wow. Great post JB. If I'm not chosen, I will definately stick around. I know you can't include everyone no matter how much they support the forum or whatnot. You really did a great thing in making the judging unbiased. I really appreciate the opportunity to enter this fantastic event!

This is a post I have wanted to make for a while and just felt it was the right time. First off, thank you all for your devotion to the Morgan Cup and what it means for the event as a whole. Its awesome seeing the excitement and makes us proud and honored to host it all for you. Second, at the end of the evening, there are obviously going to be some disappointed people and for that all we can say is we are sorry.

When we started the Morgan Cup, the demand was obviously high, so we went to a first come basis with emails and it was fun, but nothing like we saw this year. With the expansion to 24 participants, we wanted to do something special for the staff that puts in their hard work and time at THP to make this website what it is. That left 14 spots open (just like last year after captains) and we felt as though we wanted to make sure that we took all bias out of the equation, so we asked judges to be a part of this that knew nothing about the forum and the people here. In doing that, we created what we felt was a very "fair" environment for all that wanted to be involved. At the same time, the basis of the judging also meant that some people that have been wonderful parts of THP and the community here and true ambassadors to the brand might get left out, which makes this difficult and something that is extremely hard for both GG and myself.

Just know that you are not forgotten and please stick with us and the Morgan Cup.

One thing we can say is that with the help of everybody here, we can make this a wonderful event that says "Do It Again".

We could never thank you and GG enough for all you have done to put this together

Agreed with others, well said JB. The second paragraph really resonated with me and I know exactly what you are saying and how GG and yourself feel.

I will do my absolute best through the entirety of this to ensure that this event is possible for another group of THP'ers.

Tappin' from my iPad!

That's just awesome dude! I have a buddy of mine who may be coming plus a fellow THPER offerd to be my caddy if I need it. I don't think we do, but I'm trying to get him to come along anyways... MarcW don't forget you offered... LOL
No caddies.

I know how hard you have worked to make this as impartial as possible. Some feelings will be hurt no matter what you do. I hope it is a temporary pain and the people who didn't make the cut continue to show support. I know I feel badly for a lot of folks so I can only imagine how you and Morgan feel. I have faith in the great people of this forum.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Agreed with others, well said JB. The second paragraph really resonated with me and I know exactly what you are saying and how GG and yourself feel.

I will do my absolute best through the entirety of this to ensure that this event is possible for another group of THP'ers.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Count me in on this too. I will do my part also. Going to give 125%

Im quoting myself, because it is very hard tonight.

I will stick by the Morgan Cup and do anything that I can to support it. It's such an epic event and to even be considered is amazing.

That was a great post JB and I can't imagine how hard that was and how you guys are feeling tonight.

Line ups look great. I'm Team Chunky all the way. Kick some ass boys!

Tapatalk

Good post JB. While I'm sure some will feel disappointed at not being selected. I think everyone understands and doubt anyone will feel slighted.

I officially support Team Hackers! Only lefty not on Team THP I think! And Cookie is on that team! Woohoo! Go Team Hackers!!!!

That was a great post JB and definitely worth quoting yourself. I hope everyone that wasn't selected supports the MC, I will. I also hope that no one gets mad about not being selected; we all had the same odds, it was up to us make good enough videos to "make the cut". And while there were some great videos that didn't get selected, that's life, you can't win them all. I promise I will support this event in any way possible and hope others do the same. I will pick a team, stand behind them, and I hope I can attend the MC 2.0 as a volunteer. I love this place and believe supporting the MC is a great way to show it, and increases the likelihood of another MC.

I officially support Team Hackers! Only lefty not on Team THP I think! And Cookie is on that team! Woohoo! Go Team Hackers!!!!

Ha- thanks dude!! We appreciate the support and will give it our best, no doubt about that.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ha- thanks dude!! We appreciate the support and will give it our best, no doubt about that.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Oh, you guys are clearly the best team! :D

Tapatalk
I am assuming you are FrankAnGotti?

Hmmmm, now I've got to decide who I am going to pull for......got some folks on all three teams that make this difficult for me but I'm not drawing straws this year. I'll ponder this and get back with you!

The teams have been picked. They look pretty even to me which is great. Now the real work begins. I can guarantee that every member of Team Hackers is going to give everything they have to support this event. Sponsors will be repped to the best of our abilities. THP will be repped just as hard. We will work as hard as we can to translate our excitement to the rest of the forum and bring everyone in. We will work hard to get our game in the best shape possible. I look forward to sharing this process with everyone. Thank you for this amazing opportunity Josh and Morgan. I will not let you down

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

This has to be a little bittersweet for you guys, but I think the fair way it was done was very cool.

Kevin

Tapatalk

Didn't you see what happened to the Team Hackers supporters earlier this year? Some people never learn. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back