The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just be careful not to have it in front of the wedding picture when the wife is around :laugh:
LOL! compromise and put it next to :)

Definitely going to frame this one. It was definitely a crazy feeling having that letter in hand. I'm so pumped up for this.

Definately getting framed - I am going to try and get a sweet picture from the match play intself - and put this next to it. Probably hoisting the trophy with my team on side, and the letter on the next.

I'm very interested in how your lesson goes today. Be sure to fill us all in!
Rescheduled - instructor called me sick this am - so i went in anyway and hit some clubs, then got 18 in

My point is: when you get this menu of equipment choices, don't choose based on a dollar amount, don't choose based on what you want, instead, choose based on what's going to be best for your game, what's going to help you best represent that company, and ultimately, choose what you think is right.

well said captain, truer words could not have been spoken.

AMAZING! Now I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. Can't wait for the PM tomorrow morning. Thanks Callaway/Taylormade and THP!

A little announcement to everybody. We will be sending each participant a PM tomorrow morning with their first equipment choice. They will have a list of options to choose from (both TaylorMade & Callaway) and will make the selection based on that list.

This is only the first piece of the puzzle however, but the companies believe that some equipment should be getting into your hands sooner rather than later. So the first piece of equipment choice will begin tomorrow morning when you receive the PM.

A little announcement to everybody. We will be sending each participant a PM tomorrow morning with their first equipment choice. They will have a list of options to choose from (both TaylorMade & Callaway) and will make the selection based on that list.

This is only the first piece of the puzzle however, but the companies believe that some equipment should be getting into your hands sooner rather than later. So the first piece of equipment choice will begin tomorrow morning when you receive the PM.

Wow I can't believe that our first equipment choice is going to be tomorrow. I'm very interested to see what options we will have. I'm sure once I see the options I will head out tomorrow after work and see what works for me.

wow, they are moving fast. i wonder what itll be? Ill def have to go back to golfsmith and put the choices to the test before making a decision.

Received my welcoming letter from Taylormade today. I got nervous opening the thing. Very cool indeed.

photo-1.jpg

There's been something on my mind for a while and I just want to share it, and mostly get it off of my chest. I know how excited we all are at this point in time when it comes to this event. It's fun figuring out housing, and it's fun figuring out itineraries, and it's certainly fun dreaming about what items might be available to us equipment wise. Our company menus will be available before we know it, and that will add a whole extra level of excitement and anticipation.

However, we must not forget what our roles are as participants in the Morgan Cup. We are staffers, we are being represented by two of the biggest golf manufacturing companies in all of golf. They are sending us letters, they are investing in us, they will be rooting for us to be successful, and most importantly, they are entrusting us with their goods. Our perceptions, our results, our feelings on their products is what they get in return. That's all that they ask for; an honest reaction. Let's be sure to put the same trust into them, let's make sure that we believe in them and their products like they believe in us, let's invest in them and their products like they're investing in us. My point is: when you get this menu of equipment choices, don't choose based on a dollar amount, don't choose based on what you want, instead, choose based on what's going to be best for your game, what's going to help you best represent that company, and ultimately, choose what you think is right.
Well said TC. You have a way with words and this gives everyone the proper perspective. Well done!

That's fantastic news! I can't wait to see what piece of equipment that will be.

Got home and sadly no letter, but I'm sure it will be here soon. I did however have a long short game practice session today with the Burner tour and I really like the ball. Not the spin of the Penta, but still very easy to control around the greens and I think it will be better for me off the driver and irons. Only one more ball to try, the Burner TP, but we have a leader in the clubhouse.

Awesome letter from TM! TC well said my friend. I would like to say that of all the people chosen I know we are going to do our best for our game and the companies. I don't see anyone in this who I believe would pick anything based on a monetary value. I think we all understand what this is about.

I got my letter today from TaylorMade today, too. What an amazing event THP and staff have put together. I can't believe how lucky I am to be a part of it. As cool as knowing I am going to be a part of it has been to this point, today's formal letter finally makes it all real. I carefully removed the letter making sure the envelope remains in a condition suitable for framing along with the letter. I love having my name on the front with the TM return up in the left corner.

Like everyone involved, I look forward to what tomorrow's PM reveals.

Thanks to all responsible for making this happen.

Kevin

Wow!!!!! Im so excited right now. I just saw this. What an amazing day. Its gonna be crazy waiting for that pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I just read through this thread and I have to say.. WOW. What a great contest. Seriously this is unprecedented!

I'm glad to see the TMaG guys are getting their letters! I'm here to tell you guys, these are an outstanding company and I know you'll all do them very proud in the Morgan Cup!

I woke this morning to a message from my tour rep regarding the first crucial piece of equipment in my Morgan Cup bag.

TMaG staffers will be receiving putters built to our specs from their current line of Ghost Putters. I'm really excited to get this nailed down. I spent about an hour over the weekend putting with all of the new equipment and I came away extremely impressed. Albeit, I was not able to nail down my choice, so I still have some more research to do.

It's a bit of a surprise (a good one at that), that we will be receiving our putters so early. I figured it would be a few months down the road.

TMaG says that in order to be successful for The Morgan Cup, putting in their opinion is the first step in that process.

I'm really excited to get my choice nailed down and getting to work with my new flat stick for The Morgan Cup.

Very nice, biggsy. Which model has your eye?

Posted via Tapatalk.

I just received my PM from my tour rep. This is just amazing, I can't believe all the choices and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks to TM, Callaway, and THP for being just plain awesome. I am so excited to represent you.

RB

Tappin to the oldies

Very nice, biggsy. Which model has your eye?

Posted via Tapatalk.
I've always been partial to the Corza Ghost and it suits my putting style being a face balanced putter. But I also liked the Daytona & Maranello. I have yet to hit the Fontana. It looks like the only other face balanced putter besides the Corza.

I was really surprised how well these felt.

Just sent my email in to my Tour liaison for my Odyssey putter for the Morgan Cup. The Callaway staffers had a choice between the DART line or the Tour Black line of putters, which is incredible of Callaway to offer. I'm proud to say that this putter will be at my side, taking points all weekend:

images

Wowzers. Talk about putting your money where your mouth is, TC. To pass up the opportunity to bag a Tour Black tells me just how much you liked that DART.

Just sent my email in to my Tour liaison for my Odyssey putter for the Morgan Cup. The Callaway staffers had a choice between the DART line or the Tour Black line of putters, which is incredible of Callaway to offer. I'm proud to say that this putter will be at my side, taking points all weekend:

images

Wowzers. Talk about putting your money where your mouth is, TC. To pass up the opportunity to bag a Tour Black tells me just how much you liked that DART.

Well, I went this direction for a couple of reasons bro:

1. At address, it's the one putter (out of the DART line & Tour Black line) that provides me with the look of a center shaft at address.
2. It has an insert, and I openly admit to being more of an insert user.
3. The damn thing just works. I can't believe how familiar the feel/roll is, but it's so easy to align that I feel like I might hole a lot more putts with it.

If this putter makes my % of hole'd putts within 20' increase, look out!

I've always been partial to the Corza Ghost and it suits my putting style being a face balanced putter. But I also liked the Daytona & Maranello. I have yet to hit the Fontana. It looks like the only other face balanced putter besides the Corza.

I was really surprised how well these felt.

I was really surprised how much I like the 2011 line as I wasn't a fan of the original Corza. The new insert is very nice.

Well, I went this direction for a couple of reasons bro:

1. At address, it's the one putter (out of the DART line & Tour Black line) that provides me with the look of a center shaft at address.
2. It has an insert, and I openly admit to being more of an insert user.
3. The damn thing just works. I can't believe how familiar the feel/roll is, but it's so easy to align that I feel like I might hole a lot more putts with it.

If this putter makes my % of hole'd putts within 20' increase, look out!

You can say that again.

Let me add and I missed this point earlier:

Putters will be built for each golfer in the tour department based on the information provided here.

Favorite putter shape (be as descriptive as possible)
Shaft and/or Hosel
Weight
Insert or non-insert
Dexterity
Length
Lie
Grip

That does make things rather interesting and with seemingly endless options. That's amazing.

Yeah, that's not the same list that the Callaway staffers had biggsy. That does make things interesting.

Throughout this process, there will be differences here and there to those with Callaway and those with Taylormade. Just like staff members go through on the PGA Tour.

I'm going Dart! I absolutely am in love the Tour Black line but just thinking over my experiences with the Dart I just cant shake how easy it was to use. As TC has mentioned if it helps cut down on those short putt misses down I could easily be scoring so much better. I'm definitely stepping outside my comfort zone into a new one. I have no idea which model, lie or how to build it so Ill definitely be asking questions. With my Method its 33" but I was rolling the 34" dart and it was amazing. I do put a little forward lean but not sure I need too with this one. I'm actually pretty excited about this putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back