The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throughout this process, there will be differences here and there to those with Callaway and those with Taylormade. Just like staff members go through on the PGA Tour.

I understand that completely. I don't see anything wrong with expressing some excitement about the Taylormade Staffers possibilities when it comes to their putter selection.

I really can't wait to see what everybody picks. This is more exciting to me than finding out WITB for the pros.

Me too Hawk lol. I'm gonna be watching sig changes like a .... HAWK. :)

I really can't wait to see what everybody picks. This is more exciting to me than finding out WITB for the pros.

I understand that completely. I don't see anything wrong with expressing some excitement about the Taylormade Staffers possibilities when it comes to their putter selection.

Of course not.

Ive been secretly wanting to get the Backstryke out for a while now that just makes my decision all the easier.

Wow...I definitely have some decisions to make (thanks Callaway/Odyssey!!!). It's very cool of these companies to give us (Staffers) choices, so I'll be heading off to my local golf shop again today to roll everything I can get my hands on. Can't wait to see what everyone chooses.

I'm guessing between the experience, fittings, a ton of practice leading into this and a ton of tips from team member to member that everyone of these participants will see considerable drops in their HC to enjoy back home for years to come.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Wow. I am having a brain overload. Thanks TaylorMade and THP! I'm going to have to do some serious thinking to figure out what putter best suits my game.

Ive been secretly wanting to get the Backstryke out for a while now that just makes my decision all the easier.

sounds like the pick'em up is out of the bag effective immediatly. The good part of being OEM is that he has a backstryke and a tour black so he can just go down to the basement to test.

Wow...I definitely have some decisions to make (thanks Callaway/Odyssey!!!). It's very cool of these companies to give us (Staffers) choices, so I'll be heading off to my local golf shop again today to roll everything I can get my hands on. Can't wait to see what everyone chooses.

A big thanks to Callaway Golf for offereing some great options for staffers. Since the time our companies were selected I have been testing a lot of Oddysey putters. Now that I know which models are on our "menu" I can narrow the search down a little more. At the moment I am leaning towards the Tour Black #9 because it is the most similar to the Method 003 putter that I currently play, but that can change rather quickly. I plan on testing for a few more days to see what works best.

I'm guessing between the experience, fittings, a ton of practice leading into this and a ton of tips from team member to member that everyone of these participants will see considerable drops in their HC to enjoy back home for years to come.

One can only hope that is true Due!

Wow. I am having a brain overload. Thanks TaylorMade and THP! I'm going to have to do some serious thinking to figure out what putter best suits my game.

Great offerings by both companies! I think what Taylormade is doing with allowing you to basically custom build your own putter is very cool of them. I'm interested to see what some of the Taylormade staffers decide to come up with.

Just sent my email in to my Tour liaison for my Odyssey putter for the Morgan Cup. The Callaway staffers had a choice between the DART line or the Tour Black line of putters, which is incredible of Callaway to offer. I'm proud to say that this putter will be at my side, taking points all weekend:

images
Wow, just wow. I never imagined I'd see the day where we'd see TC having a golden opportunity to get a Tour Black #9 and go with the DART, that really does speak volumes about that putter.

I am leaning very heavily toward the DART Blade myself and will be going to the golf shop to roll some putters and decide which one is ultimately the best for me.

Hey by the way, how cool was that PM from our Tour Rep today? This just keeps on getting more and more cool, thanks again to THP, Callaway and TMaG....it cannot be said enough times, so I'll be saying it a lot! THANK YOU!

Hey by the way, how cool was that PM from our Tour Rep today? This just keeps on getting more and more cool, thanks again to THP, Callaway and TMaG....it cannot be said enough times, so I'll be saying it a lot! THANK YOU!

That was very cool. I'm looking forward to communicating with him as much as possible.

Wow, just wow. I never imagined I'd see the day where we'd see TC having a golden opportunity to get a Tour Black #9 and go with the DART, that really does speak volumes about that putter.

I am leaning very heavily toward the DART Blade myself and will be going to the golf shop to roll some putters and decide which one is ultimately the best for me.

Yup, I won't lie, I've always wanted the Tour Black #9, for quite some time now, but it became clear to me last fall that a heel shafted putter is not what's best for me. I am just as shocked as you are that a huge spaceship looking device will be going in my bag, but I am excited about the prospect of becoming a better putter with it. I think you'll like the DART Jake, it's a very pleasant surprise.

Ya P4B that PM from our Tour rep was really cool. I'm just getting caught up on this whole tread from this morning, and getting more and more excited. Nice DART, TC, that is not what I was expecting you to go with, but making putts is all that matters.

I put in for the Corza Ghost. I would just like it a little heavier. I've played it, I putt well with it, I am not deviating too far from the normal offering.

Favorite putter shape (be as descriptive as possible) (Mallet, with three alignment lines)
Shaft and/or Hosel (standard shaft hosel offering in Corza)
Weight (I would prefer heavier, standard being 345, I would like 355)
Insert or non-insert (insert)
Dexterity (right handed)
Length (35")
Lie (Standard 70 degree is perfect)
Grip (Ghost white)

taylormade-rossa-corza-ghost-md-3.jpg

Nice biggsy! I hope you can rock the Ghost white grip on that bad boy. Captain mallet vs. Captain mallet, I like it!

Congrats on your selection buddy.

Yup, I won't lie, I've always wanted the Tour Black #9, for quite some time now, but it became clear to me last fall that a heel shafted putter is not what's best for me. I am just as shocked as you are that a huge spaceship looking device will be going in my bag, but I am excited about the prospect of becoming a better putter with it. I think you'll like the DART Jake, it's a very pleasant surprise.
I think you are going to be happy with it Captain. It's all about making putts and if you were making them right handed, well, maybe I should start practicing my putting more. Good choice, Callaway makes a quality product!

I'm still not sure what options I have as a lefty which is making my decision difficult. I do like the corza though Biggsy.

I put in for the Corza Ghost. I would just like it a little heavier. I've played it, I putt well with it, I am not deviating too far from the normal offering.

Favorite putter shape (be as descriptive as possible) (Mallet, with three alignment lines)
Shaft and/or Hosel (standard shaft hosel offering in Corza)
Weight (I would prefer heavier, standard being 345, I would like 355)
Insert or non-insert (insert)
Dexterity (right handed)
Length (35")
Lie (Standard 70 degree is perfect)
Grip (Ghost white)

taylormade-rossa-corza-ghost-md-3.jpg

nice biggsy! I have that putter and really liked it. Very easy to line up. I will be interested to see if anyone decides to go with a center shafted ghost putter.

This thread has blown up over the weeks so don't shoot me for not reading through all 315 pages.....but has there been a request for a WITB segment once all you guys get fit? I'm hoping there are plans to document the process, but it would be really cool if we could see how it works out for each player and all the different handicaps!!!

This thread has blown up over the weeks so don't shoot me for not reading through all 315 pages.....but has there been a request for a WITB segment once all you guys get fit? I'm hoping there are plans to document the process, but it would be really cool if we could see how it works out for each player and all the different handicaps!!!

Once we all start receiving our putters, I do believe that there will be new threads started where we can put our unboxing pics and share our long term thoughts.

I will keep everyone updated as much as I can on my fitting process with everying that goes in my Callaway bag.

I'm still not sure what options I have as a lefty which is making my decision difficult. I do like the corza though Biggsy.

As far as standard goes, I know TM offers the Corza and Daytona in Left Handed. Put in for your specs and if you like mid-mallet, heel shafted in LH, that may be an option. I wanted to go with something I was comfortable with that I had played with before. I am very comfortable and confident that I'll be draining putts with this putter.

nice biggsy! I have that putter and really liked it. Very easy to line up. I will be interested to see if anyone decides to go with a center shafted ghost putter.
I found out this morning, and it may have been mentioned on the forum already, but this option has been offered to consumers for two weeks now. I found one online this morning. I like the look of it, but it's missing the three alignment lines, which I think it the best alignment out there right now.

http://www.budgetgolf.com/TaylorMade_Corza_Ghost_Center_Shaft_Putter.html

im so mad i couldnt apply for this :( oh well next year lol. how did they pick the entries out of a hat? jk

Great PM from the tour rep. You guys have made some pretty quick decisions. Can we have a day or two to decide? I'm pretty set on the model I want, but would like to get to a golf store to roll it a couple times and that might not be possible for a day or so. I'd like to see if I could get a look at the center shafted model Biggsy linked.

Kevin

Great PM from the tour rep. You guys have made some pretty quick decisions. Can we have a day or two to decide? I'm pretty set on the model I want, but would like to get to a golf store to roll it a couple times and that might not be possible for a day or so. I'd like to see if I could get a look at the center shafted model Biggsy linked.

Kevin

You can have all week. We ask that we try to get everybody's order into the tour department by the end of the day on Friday if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back