The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it can be looked at that way, but it really depends on how often, when and what. THP can see how often someone comes to the site, so it makes it rather easy to see if someone is being honest in that thread. We will always gravitate towards those that post on the forum when it comes to testing. Always. I dont think someone has to make 5000 posts per month to be active, but making a few each day is not so much to ask for I dont think. However lets look at the flip side. Lets say someone seems to only post or the majority of their posts are in the banter away, rant of the day or sports talk, are they active on THP? Lets say a person makes 300 posts per month, but only 20 of them are about golf, are they active?

Its tough to establish what is active and what's not, but we will always support those that support us first.

I know I'm new, both to the forum and the game. And I am in here a lot, mostly reading (learning), but posting at least questions about the game in addition to the bantering :).

I would consider me "active" BUT with not enough game experience to apply for one of the testing slots. I made that determination... I mean, really, what could I tell anybody about a new piece of equipment?
- its newer than what I currently use
- its very shiny
- I did (or didn't) hit it further

I think it's a great question and important both in getting reliable intel from who's doing the testing for the forum members AND protecting the reputation/investment that is THP.

JMO spazz

What is this u speak of? Need more details

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dude its awesome. When Im in the right office in Philly I go to DiNics every chance I get. Reading Terminal Market. I go with the roast pork myself.

I'd rep that if I could.....troof right there

Dude its awesome. When Im in the right office in Philly I go to DiNics every chance I get. Reading Terminal Market. I go with the roast pork myself.

I know I'm new, both to the forum and the game. And I am in here a lot, mostly reading (learning), but posting at least questions about the game in addition to the bantering :).

I would consider me "active" BUT with not enough game experience to apply for one of the testing slots. I made that determination... I mean, really, what could I tell anybody about a new piece of equipment?
- its newer than what I currently use
- its very shiny
- I did (or didn't) hit it further

I think it's a great question and important both in getting reliable intel from who's doing the testing for the forum members AND protecting the reputation/investment that is THP.

JMO spazz
I kind of felt the same way for a while Spazz, but the fun part for me about testing and providing feedback, is really analyzing your game and digging in to what works for you or what doesnt work for you, and what about the equipment causes it to do so. It really makes you think about your game, each shot you take, how you approach each round/hole, etc. It's eye opening, really.

next time your down there grab me one and meet me for a round of golf! lol best pork around.

I hear VA is lovely this time of year.

never again, if it wasnt for the golf, I could easily say I would have rather have been working

Watching the US Open local qualifiers coverage on the Golf Channel.

They just showed David Duval on the range.
Wearing cargo shorts.
Untucked shirt.

:blob:

Watching the US Open local qualifiers coverage on the Golf Channel.

They just showed David Duval on the range.
Wearing cargo shorts.
Untucked shirt.

:blob:

Is he even allowed to do that? Is he fat Duval or skinny Duval? Havent seen him in a while.

LOL @ Duval on the range in cargo shorts.

Is he even allowed to do that? Is he fat Duval or skinny Duval? Havent seen him in a while.

Yep - they can wear shorts in the qualifiers. He is still a big boy but the untucked shirt hides some of it. Cargo shorts are halfway down his calves......looks pretty bad in all honesty.

Yep - they can wear shorts in the qualifiers. He is still a big boy but the untucked shirt hides some of it. Cargo shorts are halfway down his calves......looks pretty bad in all honesty.

This sounds like what I see on some of the less expensive public courses around here. It just looks bad even though there is nothing wrong with it.

This sounds like what I see on some of the less expensive public courses around here. It just looks bad even though there is nothing wrong with it.

My thoughts exactly on the less expensive public courses. Nothing wrong with it as I see it at my home course a fair amount, but I tend to *expect* a little more from a professional especially at an event like this.

Snapped this at the Greg Norman course I played this past Saturday. Cant say I've ever seen a sign like this

IMAG0071.jpg

Longer shorts past the knee annoy me during my swing, couldn't imagine playing in them. He probably wears them so he can keep a sandwich or two in the pockets though.

Tough not to really like Duval's chances in those shorts and untucked shirt! He looks like a damn slob, I love it!

Snapped this at the Greg Norman course I played this past Saturday. Cant say I've ever seen a sign like this

IMAG0071.jpg

I wonder what a "quality jean shorts" are?

Quality Jean shorts FTW lol

This is pretty much the dress code for my golf course and cargo shorts are heavily used but by the more classy golfers.

IMG_0081.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0082.jpg
[/IMG]

I play more golf with these two guys than any others at my course and I could show some cool cargo pics but I won't go there :D

Hopefully that first guy is real accurate, he losses one in the trees and you'll never find him again!

Hopefully that first guy is real accurate, he losses one in the trees and you'll never find him again!

haha he is really good dude and one you would love to drink a cold brewski with! His name is Bubba G.

I know when I go to a Classy, fancier course I try to wear my designer jean shorts. If I'm playing a public course it's the Dickie's jean shorts. I can't imagine how embarrassing it would be to get caught at a private course without the proper brand of jean shorts on.

I know when I go to a Classy, fancier course I try to wear my designer jean shorts. If I'm playing a public course it's the Dickie's jean shorts. I can't imagine how embarrassing it would be to get caught at a private course without the proper brand of jean shorts on.

My kind of dude lol.... I hear ya WE!

you crease them don't you? #bigpleats

For those of you that don't like shorts with cargo pockets .... does your opinion change if they're neatly pressed?

AE-cargo_shorts.jpg
vs
sportif-org-carg-shorts-lg.jpg

For those of you that don't like shorts with cargo pockets .... does your opinion change if they're neatly pressed?

AE-cargo_shorts.jpg
vs
sportif-org-carg-shorts-lg.jpg

I dont mind the look, just dont like how they seem to harbor heat and humidity. Gotta steer clear of cargos if you're worried about any kind of chaffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back