The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showed up to the firehouse to be informed I had vacation scheduled today and tomorrow. This means no work for me and I get to play golf today and tomorrow which is awesome cause I haven't touched my clubs in a week

I would say maybe there is a trip to Bed, Bath and beyond but I don't think you will have enough time for that. Nice little Saturday you have going.

Ha. I was thinking the same quote. Love that movie.

Moving the daughter into her dorm today.

Really long day yesterday with very early riser for a 6:45 flight out here. Showed wife around campus, shopped for all the everyday items she'll need ($$$$), lunch at In-N-Out ( ), attempted a nap in afternoon but not very successful.

Had dinner with my Daughter's roommate to be and her family at their home. They've just moved here from Toronto (last week!) but invited us over anyway so the girls could meet in a less stressful environment than move in day which was brilliant. The roommate is a twin and her twin will also be going to school here so the three had a great time talking. Really nice family. They've offered to have Emily over from time to time during the school year. Nice to get to know someone in the area if she needs something. Eases our minds a bit

Got to bed around 10:30pm local time after being awake nearly 22 hours. Of course it's 5:45am local time when I wake up.

All in all a very good day.

Nice Barry. You must be one proud pappa.

Very nice Barry. I was talking with Johnny Mojo about him moving his daughter to college last week. This is stuff I don't want to think about as of yet. I'll be a crying mess.

Very nice Barry. I was talking with Johnny Mojo about him moving his daughter to college last week. This is stuff I don't want to think about as of yet. I'll be a crying mess.
This one is tough. She is the youngest of our two. Our son is in school close to home, just 40 minutes away. We can head into the city to see him. We'll be out here with her for a few days so our goodbyes will come on Monday night after dinner. I doubt seriously my eyes will stay dry.

Got some chores done this morning, time to get out for a range session.

Wife is working all day, so I have the whole day to myself. Can't remember the last time that happened.

On the road. Breakfast in the belly, Buffet and Cash tunes playing, coffee in hand and the hangover is easing. #lifeisgood

I think I found my new favorite TV Show, it's called Vanilla Ice Goes Amish. You have Vanilla Ice, you have home improvement, and you have Amish. Seriously, what more could you ask for?

I think I found my new favorite TV Show, it's called Vanilla Ice Goes Amish. You have Vanilla Ice, you have home improvement, and you have Amish. Seriously, what more could you ask for?
I think I've seen 1 of those or maybe another series with him in it and it wasn't bad.

I enjoyed that one a lot, heck, I like his regular home improvement show too. Amanda and I usually watch anytime we see it on while channel surfing.

What a day.

Finally home with the new pup who is absolutely an angel.

The home introductions didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped. Nothing bad but some quick growling from Rocky (our Brittany Spaniel that's the dominant pup of the house) made the situation a bit tense. Charlie is amazing by himself but appears scared around others which drives that defense mode. He's in a crate in our room now, trying to have him get some rest.

Was hoping this would be a fairly seamless transition but it looks like it's gonna take some work. Hopeful to wake up tomorrow and the tensions are diminished some but we shall see. I'm so used to having it easy with dogs that get along amazing that going through the last hour has literally been nauseating as the thought that this may not work brings out some tears.

If anyone has been through similar things, I'm all ears. Will be starting some research for sure.

What a day.

The home introductions didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped. Nothing bad but some quick growling from Rocky (our Brittany Spaniel that's the dominant pup of the house) made the situation a bit tense. Charlie is amazing by himself but appears scared around others which drives that defense mode. He's in a crate in our room now, trying to have him get some rest.

Was hoping this would be a fairly seamless transition but it looks like it's gonna take some work. Hopeful to wake up tomorrow and the tensions are diminished some but we shall see. I'm so used to having it easy with dogs that get along amazing that going through the last hour has literally been nauseating as the thought that this may not work brings out some tears.

If anyone has been through similar things, I'm all ears. Will be starting some research for sure.

Can't help, but here is hoping it gets better tomorrow.

What a day.

Get them accustomed to each other outside so that territorial aspects are not involved.

JB is right. There is anxiety amongst them all. Play dates outside that involves all of you. Cause like it or not your part of the territory

It'll all work out buddy, I know it.

Thanks guys, the initial intro was not done well on my part at all. Now have to keep some segregation while we take the process slow. I know I said to myself that I was up for the challenge....now it's time to put in the effort.

When my parents got a second dog the first one tried to eat it. They had about a month of major tension and issues, and now they sleep on each other. It's been 8 years with them together now.

Socializing them outside is a great idea. Puts them in a more neutral territory.

Thanks guys, the initial intro was not done well on my part at all. Now have to keep some segregation while we take the process slow. I know I said to myself that I was up for the challenge....now it's time to put in the effort.
They will be cookie close in no time dude.

haha nice Frank. Now I need one of those belts!

Love it! I have a Nike with one. Use it all the time.

Exciting night. Saw a suspicious car parked in our neighborhood so reported it to the police after a guy from the car was walking in my direction as I was closing the garage for the night. So much for being anonymous. The cop asked a ton of questions, then told me the car came up wanted. Now the entire street is flooded with police, K-9 unit, etc. Just answered another round of questions. He was going to check out my neighbor's house because they were on vacation, which he took his gun out for. And I was just going to go to sleep.

Exciting night. Saw a suspicious car parked in our neighborhood so reported it to the police after a guy from the car was walking in my direction as I was closing the garage for the night. So much for being anonymous. The cop asked a ton of questions, then told me the car came up wanted. Now the entire street is flooded with police, K-9 unit, etc. Just answered another round of questions. He was going to check out my neighbor's house because they were on vacation, which he took his gun out for. And I was just going to go to sleep.

That's nutty. My dad called me yesterday all worked up. Apparently while cleaning up and bbqing, he left the front door unlocked, went out to check on the grill, came back in to his dogs barking at a guy in his house. The guy was all bloody and telling my dad he needed help. My dad was having none of it and got the guy out of the house first and foremost, then asked him what was up. The guy claimed he got beat up by some guy and needed help. So my dad offered to call an ambulance, so he went to grab his phone but he was still a bit leery of the guy. Dad comes back and the guy's gone, so he goes out checking around his neighbors houses and garages looking for him. He turns the corner and there's cops all over and then notices the chopper overhead. Turns out the guy stole a truck, crashed it, fought a cop and somehow got away then ended up in my dad's living room. They caught the guy not too much later but it was pretty nutty for him for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back