The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife told me to not buy goldfish anymore because I have no self control with them. I may have eaten the bag I bought just an hour ago...

Wife told me to not buy goldfish anymore because I have no self control with them. I may have eaten the bag I bought just an hour ago...

That's why you must buy the BIG containers....last a couple days lol

People buying Starbucks iced coffee (6 1/2 gallons), shrimp, & steaks on the government food assistance program......

I shake my head.

That's why you must buy the BIG containers....last a couple days lol

Ehh. Just means I eat more of them. I've killed one over the course of a day opposed to one sitting

Ehh. Just means I eat more of them. I've killed one over the course of a day opposed to one sitting

Hahaha ok maybe an intervention is necessary.

Something about doing calc homework for 2 hours and struggling to get a correct answer is mind boggling

Something about doing calc homework for 2 hours and struggling to get a correct answer is mind boggling

Life lesson right there. Get your basics down and figure out how to solve your problem one step at a time. You'll get it figured out.

When in doubt, google it. Or check the back of the book and work backwards hahaha

My rant today really touches a nerve. My neighbors have a beautiful german shepard that they've been leaving outsite in the cold all night long. The main reason this pisses me off is that its cruel and unfair to the dog (I have two great pups of my own). It doesnt help that the poor dog barks and howls when he's left outside. This has been going on for at least two months but last night in particular really set me off. I got home from a basketball game at 10:30pm and I heard him barking on their back deck. I was up until around 12:15am and still heard him outside. Around 4am, I woke up again to his howling, as well as 5am and when I finally left for work around 8am. Thats 10 straight hours of this poor beautiful dog being left outside in the freezing cold and SNOW. I can't see their entire deck so I dont know if he's even got water or food outside.

I've called police dispatch before to report the nuissance barking and they dispatcher let me know they've had multiple complaints. I dont know the neighbors situation beyond the fact that the father of the household who was a long time town firefighter, passed away a few months back and I believe it may have been his dog. I know there is at least one son living there who is about my age (mid twenties) that I see coming in and out. Regardless of their situation, this dog needs to be cared for properly. If you cant take care of it, surrender it to a better home.

I'll be calling animal control this morning and seeing if there is anything they can do. I'll also be leaving a note in my neighbors mailbox letting them know how I feel.

That's really rough. I hope it turns out well for the dog. They should at least send him to a loving home. No animal deserves to be left out like that.

My rant today really touches a nerve. My neighbors have a beautiful german shepard that they've been leaving outsite in the cold all night long. The main reason this pisses me off is that its cruel and unfair to the dog (I have two great pups of my own). It doesnt help that the poor dog barks and howls when he's left outside. This has been going on for at least two months but last night in particular really set me off. I got home from a basketball game at 10:30pm and I heard him barking on their back deck. I was up until around 12:15am and still heard him outside. Around 4am, I woke up again to his howling, as well as 5am and when I finally left for work around 8am. Thats 10 straight hours of this poor beautiful dog being left outside in the freezing cold and SNOW. I can't see their entire deck so I dont know if he's even got water or food outside.

I've called police dispatch before to report the nuissance barking and they dispatcher let me know they've had multiple complaints. I dont know the neighbors situation beyond the fact that the father of the household who was a long time town firefighter, passed away a few months back and I believe it may have been his dog. I know there is at least one son living there who is about my age (mid twenties) that I see coming in and out. Regardless of their situation, this dog needs to be cared for properly. If you cant take care of it, surrender it to a better home.

I'll be calling animal control this morning and seeing if there is anything they can do. I'll also be leaving a note in my neighbors mailbox letting them know how I feel.

This makes me angry. Effing people.

That rant was a little annoying, until I saw the location. No freaking way a dog should be left outside at night in CT. At least get the dude a space heater and enclosure of some kind.

This makes me livid! I would have called animal services the first night, and every night after that. Of course, I probably could only stand that for one night before I went off on the neighbors, or took the dog in my house because I could never leave it alone outside.

Thank you for doing something. What they are doing is animal cruelty and IMO makes them the scum of the earth.

Animal control, SPCA...I'd call everyone I could think of to go after them. I think the SPCA would remove the dog and take it to it's shelter.

Hopefully animal control is able to do something. Like I said, I've called the police dispatch a few times before, but as far as I know they've only sent a unit to the house once, and they got the wrong house (mine). Its not every night, but its certainly way more than it should be.

Update edit: Animal control knows both the house and the family which means they've received calls about this dog before. They're going to stop at the house and speak with the family today.

Last edited:
Ship (P/U) date :
Wed 2/04/2015 TAMPA, FL US

Estimated delivery :
Thur 2/12/2015 WARNER ROBINS, GA US

I've got an item coming from California to Nebraska, shipped on 2/2 and estimated to arrive 2/10 via UPS sure post.
I dug to find this post because I can beat it. See that up there? It's like a 5 hour drive and it's apparently a week until I see my new grips.

Good on you for making a difference. Our neighbors leave their smaller (yet quite furry) dogs outside for a majority of the day which really bothers me, but I've never heard them howling or barking to get inside. They just sit together and hang out.

if I EVER hear complaints from a dog I'll be making a few calls immediately.

Waited for months to get an appointment at Boston Childrens Hospital for my daughter. Supposed to go up there for the appt Monday at 8:40am. Booked our hotel which has a non refundable rate. Just got a call that the doctor cancelled the appointment. Said he doesnt think he can help her. I dont know how he can possibly know that considering he has never seen her or talked to us. And we were basically told there is nothing they can do because he already cancelled the appointment. I dont know how these people can sleep at night. My kid has been sick for almost a year and we keep going to these places that are supposed to help children and cant seem to find anyone that cares at all or is willing to help.

My brother in law and sister in law had a rough pregnancy. Lost one of their twins and the surviving boy was born prematurely. He had some bleeding in his brain in the womb, and it caused a cyst to form which was seen in an ultrasound soon after he was born. Doctors thought it could cause cerebral palsy, but you can't really diagnose that until a child starts to miss molestones. Well, they did an MRI, and the baby's brain has more damage than the doctors expected, and now they are thinking the babu will never walk or talk. My brother in law and sister in law are having a rough time, and it's starting to overwhelm me too. This on top of crazy work deadlines and I just want to run away from it all.

that rant was needed.

I would have been better off if I hadn't opened this thread. Reading about people who abuse animals (whether they think they are or not) and suffering children who are being ignored by the systems is making my blood boil and fists clench.

Edit: and Captain Caution, I'm sorry too...man that's rough Rant worthy indeed

Waited for months to get an appointment at Boston Childrens Hospital for my daughter. Supposed to go up there for the appt Monday at 8:40am. Booked our hotel which has a non refundable rate. Just got a call that the doctor cancelled the appointment. Said he doesnt think he can help her. I dont know how he can possibly know that considering he has never seen her or talked to us. And we were basically told there is nothing they can do because he already cancelled the appointment. I dont know how these people can sleep at night. My kid has been sick for almost a year and we keep going to these places that are supposed to help children and cant seem to find anyone that cares at all or is willing to help.

I'm sure he had already looked at her medical history.

Welcome to the new healthcare.

Sorry to hear this. Sadly it's only
Going to get worse .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dropped a treadmill on top of my foot 2 weeks ago. Been limping around since, but pain isn't too bad really. I was told by multiple people to go see the doctor just in case. Of course today it feels pretty good, but I went and saw the doc anyways this morning and they do xrays. Doc just calls and says I have a fracture in my heel and may need a walking boot for 6-8 weeks. But but...my heel doesn't even hurt? :at-wits-end:

Ordered a new carseat and travel stroller for our trip tomorrow from Amazon Prime...I put the order in Saturday, and was supposed to get 2 business day shipping on all Amazon Prime items. Well, the stupid storm and UPS have combined to not deliver either of those items yet, and now the delivery is rescheduled to tomorrow....which will probably be after we get on the plane. We'll have to pull out our infant carseat for our son to use for the weekend, so he'll be squeezed into that thing, and we have to lug our bigger stroller through the airport. Still, it's a much bigger hassle than I thought it was going to be. It's just another reason that all of the snow recently has me ticked off.

EDIT: just read some other rants in here and mine pales in comparison. So sorry that so many people are dealing with issues right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back