The Official Tiger Woods Thread

This made me chuckle :)

That's fine. I'm not asking you to side with me. Not even saying I'm right or even close to being right. Just my opinion, glad it could provide you with some humor.

That's fine. I'm not asking you to side with me. Not even saying I'm right or even close to being right. Just my opinion, glad it could provide you with some humor.
What are you getting snarky with me for? You wondered why he wrote an expose on what Woods is like and then you say you've already ordered it. I thought you were trying to make a point in a funny way. Sheesh.

What are you getting snarky with me for? You wondered why he wrote an expose on what Woods is like and then you say you've already ordered it. I thought you were trying to make a point in a funny way. Sheesh.

I'm not getting snarky, lol. I was being genuine. I ordered it because I want to see what else is in it besides the parts that have been leaked already. If it's got other stuff besides just all the negative things that have been leaked so far, I think it could be interesting. But if it's just chapter after chapter of all the negative stuff I can do without that.

I thought it was funny too. The bolded part is what makes the humor.

I couldn't agree with you more. I honestly just still don't understand Haney coming out with this book. Call me a Tiger homer, call me whatever, I honestly don't care. Dude screwed up to beyond epic proportions in his life. Everyone gets that. To me it feels like Hank is trying to portray Tiger in an even more negative light. For what? I just don't understand his reasoning. I've already ordered the book and I can't wait to read it.

I don't think he meant anything bad by it, if he did, then I guess I do too (but I don't). Those two lines are funny together.

I'm not getting snarky, lol. I was being genuine. I ordered it because I want to see what else is in it besides the parts that have been leaked already. If it's got other stuff besides just all the negative things that have been leaked so far, I think it could be interesting. But if it's just chapter after chapter of all the negative stuff I can do without that.

From what you've read so far what exactly has been negative? The excerpt in Golf Digest wasn't negative at all.

Still think Tiger missed his opportunity when he could of come out and said, "Yup, I like women, lots of women and I can't help it. I love my kids but I should of never gotten married. I like to party and have a good time. Deal with it." But I guess we all really know that already anyways.....

Still think Tiger missed his opportunity when he could of come out and said, "Yup, I like women, lots of women and I can't help it. I love my kids but I should of never gotten married. I like to party and have a good time. Deal with it." But I guess we all really know that already anyways.....

I completely and 110% agree Nate. I would still have some respect for him had he taken that opportunity to be honest. Instead he gave us some crap from an agent or something. It felt so forced and fake I turned it off.

I thought it was funny too. The bolded part is what makes the humor:

The two bolded parts didn't even apply to each other? I said I don't care if people call me a Tiger homer.

I completely and 110% agree Nate. I would still have some respect for him had he taken that opportunity to be honest. Instead he gave us some crap from an agent or something. It felt so forced and fake I turned it off.

I agree. Whoever his PR person is/was did it wrong. He needs somebody close to him that's an actual friend and would tell him to be genuine and not be a robot. Someone like you TC ;D

I was just thinking along the lines of what Smallville was saying. No worries, cheers! :)

I was just thinking along the lines of what Smallville was saying. No worries, cheers! :)

Touche bud. Guess my wording was rather poor, but I'm too lazy to edit it.

The two bolded parts didn't even apply to each other? I said I don't care if people call me a Tiger homer.
Well, Hank wrote a juicy book about Tiger to make coin, that's about it. It seemed to me you were wondering why Hank would do such a thing. But it's all good. I agree with you all, Tiger is so fake it really is annoying.

I've always given him the benefit of the doubt. I really don't care that he jacked up his personal life. If I can forgive people much closer to me that make the same type of mistakes looking past Tiger's mistakes was no big deal. Of late he has completely lost all my support.

When it comes right down to it he doesn't love the game any more. Wondering if he ever loved it. I think he loved the high of winning and golf was the drug of choice.

I watched TW today and he does this thing where is looks out the corner of his eye while he is talking to someone. He joked with his playing partners and yuked it up with a few little kids. I did see a club drop just before I shot that flop footage. He has a guarded comfort about him while the rest of the guys seem to just let go. Except for bubba, he is a grumpy dude. He just does not seem to enjoy himself all that much

Some good stuff in here today.

Kevin

I've always given him the benefit of the doubt. I really don't care that he jacked up his personal life. If I can forgive people much closer to me that make the same type of mistakes looking past Tiger's mistakes was no big deal. Of late he has completely lost all my support.

When it comes right down to it he doesn't love the game any more. Wondering if he ever loved it. I think he loved the high of winning and golf was the drug of choice.

I agree completely. I do think he loved it up until about his mid-twenties though.

I watched TW today and he does this thing where is looks out the corner of his eye while he is talking to someone. He joked with his playing partners and yuked it up with a few little kids. I did see a club drop just before I shot that flop footage. He has a guarded comfort about him while the rest of the guys seem to just let go. Except for bubba, he is a grumpy dude. He just does not seem to enjoy himself all that much

I know the exact look you are talking about, I've noticed it before.

And from 2nd hands stories I've heard about his playing experiences growing up, I completely understand his demeaner on the course. However I have no idea why he buttons his top button the way he does.

I'm never comfortable watching TW try to pretend to enjoy himself, or even just watching him give an interview. Guy needs to let go. His dirty laundry is out, people love and hate you in equal measure, what's the worst that can happen if you just be yourself without the act for 5 mins?

Also, I dislike Bubba. I'm considering launching a TMex-esque crusade against him.

After watch and listening to Bubba yesterday I'm not a big fan. His persona in social media is nothing like his on course persona. I mean...yesterday was supposed to be a fun event and he just seemed so surly

After watch and listening to Bubba yesterday I'm not a big fan. His persona in social media is nothing like his on course persona. I mean...yesterday was supposed to be a fun event and he just seemed so surly

You have to admit, not liking a guy for this reason, is pretty ironic right? :D

I've seen the same thing 2 previous times after rounds in 'regular' events. I did hear him and his wife are looking to adopt, which makes me like him a bit more. I will stay away from the ironic tie to Tiger, I don't like him either.

You have to admit, not liking a guy for this reason, is pretty ironic right? :D

As I was typing I was thinking the same thing and how I sounded a little hypocritical.

I want to know how many people pick Tigger this week in fantasy.

Can we pick him to finish or to WD?

hehe that would have to be a little side action I think. And its all predicated on how close he is to the lead before he goes all Michelle Wei on us.

Back