What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
46 / 41 = 87

86 today. In the rain...trying a new ball...and playing for the 5th day in a row only because it beats sitting in the house.

47/43 90. Best round ever. Just started playing late last year. Previous best 100 last week. Prior to that 113. My new g20's have much to do with recent improvement. In search of a short game to get into 80's.

First round post outing. Got home from camping and was exhausted, so why not get out to play right? 48 on the front with 2 triples and a slew of doubles wasn't getting it done. Was certainly rusty. The back 9 was when things got better, esp the putter. Made a long birdie on 10 followed by making par's and saving a bogey after driving in a fairway bunker. An eagle putt on the 18th burned the edge which left for a tap in bird. 2 bogeys and 2 birdies on the back for an even par 36, 84 total. Didn't drive it well, but wasn't horrible. The rough was up so missing the fairways was indeed a penalty.

77. Bet $5.00 across the board on my team, but my Calcutta partners didn't hold up their end of the donkey. I did get $8.00 back on $18.00 worth of bets on other teams, so it was not a profitable day.

Kevin

That's not going to help the retirement fund. You need a left handed Carolina feller and a guatamalen on your team.

First round post outing. Got home from camping and was exhausted, so why not get out to play right? 48 on the front with 2 triples and a slew of doubles wasn't getting it done. Was certainly rusty. The back 9 was when things got better, esp the putter. Made a long birdie on 10 followed by making par's and saving a bogey after driving in a fairway bunker. An eagle putt on the 18th burned the edge which left for a tap in bird. 2 bogeys and 2 birdies on the back for an even par 36, 84 total. Didn't drive it well, but wasn't horrible. The rough was up so missing the fairways was indeed a penalty.

Way to bring it home Dean! Front 9's are the devil.

--
Tapatalk2

I made two really stupid decisions during the round and cost me a total of 3 strokes.

It was such a bad day for me. For the first 13 holes I had a nasty swing demon and was hitting big old draws that were uncontrollable. Once I figured that out, my short game disappeared and after hole 15, I was done with the round. I double bogied the easiest par 5 on the course after being next to the green in 2 and that solidified it for me.

The only thing saving my sanity is that I was hitting all new irons and the distance is different with them. They are also blades so any mishit was amplified.

I am hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't made a serious equipment change in about 8 years and didn't expect my game to go down this far. 2 weeks ago I shot a 75 and everything was clicking.

How has everyone else done with serious changes?

Played 4 rounds in 3 days at 4 courses other than my home. Shot 85 3 of them and 86 the other one. Left a lot of birdies out there. Shot a 46/39 for the final round. Felt nice to break 40 the last 9 holes.

I played a quick 9 today after work, shot 36 (+1), I'm still waiting for my new driver to come in the mail, so I had to hit 3 wood off the tee all day. My one bogey was one a 417 yard dog leg right par 4, I tried to kill it and left it a little too far to the right. Other then that I played solid, had some funky approaches because of the 3 wood off the tee thing, which lead to not many greens, which meant not many looks at birdie. Overall I'm pretty happy with the 36.

Nice nine, 907!

I played a quick 9 today after work, shot 36 (+1), I'm still waiting for my new driver to come in the mail, so I had to hit 3 wood off the tee all day. My one bogey was one a 417 yard dog leg right par 4, I tried to kill it and left it a little too far to the right. Other then that I played solid, had some funky approaches because of the 3 wood off the tee thing, which lead to not many greens, which meant not many looks at birdie. Overall I'm pretty happy with the 36.

Great score! New driver should help some as well

Nice nine, 907!

Great score! New driver should help some as well

Thanks guys! I'm feeling pretty good about my game right now. My goal is to win the State Am when I go back home to Alaska for a couple weeks in July. I think I'm on the right track to do it. Just got to get a couple good rounds under par to show myself what I'm capable of.

An 86 today @ Laurentide GC. Played with Mudman, who shot 85. Birdied the 15th. It turned into a hot day, but we didn't have to endure it. Great to get out there.

Unbelievable. I finally did it! South of par!!!!

may2870.png

Finally coming down from the high right now.. First time in 6 years below par. BOOM!

Sweet, Canadan.

may2870.png

Finally coming down from the high right now.. First time in 6 years below par. BOOM!

That is awesome man! Congrats!

Thanks guys, I REALLY appreciate it!! I was shaking a bit on 17 on my approach haha.. 130 into the wind, with water short and bunkers long..

I'm just glad I finally managed to break par. I feel like the next time won't be so difficult now! It just meant so much to me breaking par this year. It's something I've set as a goal.

Congrats, Canadan!

I shot a 45-44 89. Still looking to put things together. I still have hope.

That is a gorgeous looking scorecard!! I would be so nervous on the last few holes If i was in that position.

Congrats!

may2870.png

Congrats. I have only done it once and it was exciting.

may2870.png

Congrats, outstanding round!

Canadan that's unbelievable. Great job man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back