What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. I finally did it! South of par!!!!

may2870.png

Finally coming down from the high right now.. First time in 6 years below par. BOOM!

Congrats buddy...that's a hell of an acomplishment!!

may2870.png

Finally coming down from the high right now.. First time in 6 years below par. BOOM!

Awesome!!

I think you like that Hex Black more than you let on in the other thread.

Shot 76 at The Summit in O'boro on Sat with a triple on the next to last par 3. One of only 2 "bad" shots I hit all day. Just bad timing.

Shot 76 at Connemara today after starting 4 over after 3 holes. The eagle on 12 and birdie on 13 saved me.

Shot 76 at The Summit in O'boro on Sat with a triple on the next to last par 3. One of only 2 "bad" shots I hit all day. Just bad timing.

Shot 76 at Connemara today after starting 4 over after 3 holes. The eagle on 12 and birdie on 13 saved me.

We are gonna have to get that Christmas Lake round in soon. You'll like it if you like the Summit (I think Xmas Lake is a little nicer).

We are gonna have to get that Christmas Lake round in soon. You'll like it if you like the Summit (I think Xmas Lake is a little nicer).

Absolutely. I'm dying to check that place out.

Nicely done man...:D

Shot 83 on Saturday playing Country Club of Woodbridge (I think recently converted into a public facility) for the first time. Was very happy with the round as I hit the ball so well - but just didn't find myself scoring very well.

5/13 FWH (at least 4 were right off the fairway. an additional 2 were not too bad - but left in an awful positions and led to doubles).
7/18 GIR (5 approaches were within 2 yards of the greens. slight misses, with some resulting in putts from just off the surface).
30 putts (no 3 putts all round! - my 7 GIR led to 6 pars and 1 birdie)
1 birdie (short 125 yard par 3 playing a touch shorter due to front pin - hit my 52 degree Scor wedge to 10 feet and made the putt)
3 doubles (2 bad drives led to punchouts from the trees. another drive left me well back, which I then pured a 3 wood mashie that stayed straight and didn't cut. caught some trees left of the green and dropped down behind one).

All and all - I really hit great shots all day. Just missed a few birdie putts. Lag putting was on. Driver and Irons I was happy with. Just wish I had scored better!

Another all day of golf yesterday and I'm paying for it some today. 42 holes is a bunch of swings when you play like I do, lol. Liz was out of town, got back last night, and I was out with four buddies who just wanted to keep going. 43/44 87 for the first round, it was a mix of good and bad, but driver and iron's never really turned on. @nd round was 44/44 88 and much the same.

At the end of the 2nd round we hooked up with a couple of hot young ladies we knew, one just learning the game and had a blast out there teaching them how to drink beer and have fun on the golf course, haha. My hands, legs, feet and head all hurt this morning, but it was fun while it lasted.

Personal best on my home course. Played the easier back nine first since it was empty. Got slowed down by some young slow pokes on the second nine (front). Anyway

40/47
8 fairways
5 greens
37 putts yikes

Hit the ball pretty good all day!

Posted via taptalk

Duey my man!! As long as you stayed outta trouble a little fun never hurts!! Haha sounded like a good time.

Congrats on a PB hawk!

Shot 76 yesterday which was good enough for second net at my club yesterday morning. Didnt hit it real well off the tee, but 6/11 scrambling and 28 putts really saved me.

Duey my man!! As long as you stayed outta trouble a little fun never hurts!! Haha sounded like a good time.

Congrats on a PB hawk!

Thanks, Jj! I thought I had something really special coming, but sort of lost my putting stroke at the end. It was fun to drop a 40 for the first time on a tough course.

Personal best on my home course. Played the easier back nine first since it was empty. Got slowed down by some young slow pokes on the second nine (front). Anyway

40/47
8 fairways
5 greens
37 putts yikes

Hit the ball pretty good all day!

Posted via taptalk
Nice round, Hawk. Congrats on the PB! Drop a few of those putts and you are looking at going real low, nice work dude.

may2870.png

Awesome dude! Where is that image from? What website do you use for scoring?

pb for the season! finally broke 80

kempsville greens today

+6/ +3 79
6 fir
11 gir
a triple a double and 4 bogeys
no frikken birdies 5 tap in pars
238 longest drive in fw
lost 3 balls

pretty frikken fun
that triple killed me! coulda woulda shoulda shot 6 over

Look at all these PB's!! Well done guys!

Dan, congrats on that 70. Now you've done it, you'll want it even worse.

7296993886_f19722708c_o.jpg

I seem to be plateauing at this course...I think the last scores I've shot here were 87/87/86. I drove the ball decently, almost drove the green on 12, but I think I really need to start focusing on my short game to shave more strokes from my scores.

Well done everyone! And Dan...a VERY nice 70.

pb for the season! finally broke 80

kempsville greens today

+6/ +3 79
6 fir
11 gir
a triple a double and 4 bogeys
no frikken birdies 5 tap in pars
238 longest drive in fw
lost 3 balls

pretty frikken fun
that triple killed me! coulda woulda shoulda shot 6 over

Good shooting and congrats on your best round of the season!

7296993886_f19722708c_o.jpg

I seem to be plateauing at this course...I think the last scores I've shot here were 87/87/86. I drove the ball decently, almost drove the green on 12, but I think I really need to start focusing on my short game to shave more strokes from my scores.

Well done everyone! And Dan...a VERY nice 70.

JN -- You just keep getting better and better dude . Consistency is so valuable when you keep the scores down like you are. One day you will be busting 80 on a regular basis!

Anytime your net is below par, I say great round (not counting the sandbaggers I know on my course who magically always shoot 5-6 under par on Men's night and at tourneys yet their cap never goes down; but I digress). Congrats.

I shot a 74 today, which is good for me (net 4 under, 1 under course rating). However, I wasn't really happy because on all 4 par-5s I hit great drives and had less than 200 yards to the centre of the green, and I parred all 4. My second shots all missed the green and I missed all the 6 ft birdie putts. Just one of those days where I hit all GIR or came close and the chipped close. A few bad bounces (really hard ground and a hilly course) let to not a better score.

Personal best for my golfing career. Almost broke 80 today!

29may.jpg

78 in the final round of a tournament. Par 72. My handicap is a 14, so net -8.

Still only finished 3rd, but was pretty pleased. Birdied 3 of 5 holes and lipped out birdies on the other two.

Bogeyed the last, though.

101 at nefyn golf club
Ridiculously hard , proud to even get this score (couple of pars aswell)

Just tappin away

Well done, Flix!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back