What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good 18 today, maybe not score wise but ball striking. Felt like the longer I played the better it got. Started off pulling everything, and filled my front 9 with bogies, doubles and a pair of birds. Just no pars. By the back, I was par-ing steadily and nipping at those birds. Shot 43-39 in the end.

I played Mauna Kea last week shot a 99 with rental clubs w/ only a PW and SW I think the clubs cost me at least 5-10 shots I new i should have taken my clubs course was hard enough with out using unfamiliar clubs

I had a chance to sneak out of the office this morning and play with Rusty. We played Smokerise Country Club in Stone Mountain, Georgia. We played the Black Tees (6,668, 73.5 slope).

I did not score particularly well. I shot an 86 (46/40), which included two triples and three doubles. I also had two birdies. I certainly had a few bad swings, but several strokes could be attributed to playing a new course with a tricky layout. The course is tight (particularly the front nine), and you can get into trouble quickly if you don't know where to hit the ball.

I hit the ball fairly well, and I actually struck several approach shots very solidly. I'm working on a new focus for my turn, which is starting to pay dividends. When I felt myself getting lazy or lapsing into the "old" move, things got a little loose. Otherwise, I was very pleased with the round.

I was not overly impressed with the course, and I probably will not make it out there again. It's a shame, because the course is relatively close to me. But, there are too many holes with strange carries and blind shots that it makes the round get a little weird.

I shot 89 which is good for me on our new home course. I feel like my scores are getting ready to drop on down to the mid/low eighties in the very near future. My confidence is coming back and the short game is becoming a friend and not a foe :thumb:

I shot a 41/42 83 today. I was 4 over on all over the par 4s and par 5's and a whopping 7 over on the par 3's. We started on the back so I opened up with a 200 yard par 3 with no range time, so walking away from that with a bogey wasn't really a bad thing. The 3rd hole was then a 180 yard par 3, and it was my 2nd full iron swing of the day. I pushed out to the right, pin high. I had an awful angle into the pin, and went for it anyway, the end result was a double. One the opening par 3 on the front (my back) I missed an 8 footer for par. On the lst par 3 of the day, I had a strong right to left wind, and unfortunately hit a pull draw. Probably would have been fine without the wind, but as it was I was hitting 3 from the tee. I put my 3rd shot in the bunker and failed to get a sand save, leading to a triple.

I played pretty strong golf the rest of the day, driver was just ok but I only hit a couple truly bad shots. My irons were good but the strong winds were really messing with my distances. My short game was solid and my putter was HOT. I was very happy with how I played, if I could have just played the par 3 in the fashion that anybody that breaks 100 should, I would have put up a solid score.

Great round man, par 3's killed u and war eagle lately, time for a albatross bounce back!

I shot a 41/42 83 today. I was 4 over on all over the par 4s and par 5's and a whopping 7 over on the par 3's. We started on the back so I opened up with a 200 yard par 3 with no range time, so walking away from that with a bogey wasn't really a bad thing. The 3rd hole was then a 180 yard par 3, and it was my 2nd full iron swing of the day. I pushed out to the right, pin high. I had an awful angle into the pin, and went for it anyway, the end result was a double. One the opening par 3 on the front (my back) I missed an 8 footer for par. On the lst par 3 of the day, I had a strong right to left wind, and unfortunately hit a pull draw. Probably would have been fine without the wind, but as it was I was hitting 3 from the tee. I put my 3rd shot in the bunker and failed to get a sand save, leading to a triple.

I played pretty strong golf the rest of the day, driver was just ok but I only hit a couple truly bad shots. My irons were good but the strong winds were really messing with my distances. My short game was solid and my putter was HOT. I was very happy with how I played, if I could have just played the par 3 in the fashion that anybody that breaks 100 should, I would have put up a solid score.
Nice round Wake! Par 3s have been killing me lately. Last two rounds combined I think I have one Par on the Par 3s.

Nice round Wake! Par 3s have been killing me lately. Last two rounds combined I think I have one Par on the Par 3s.

Par 3's are definitely my worst scoring holes, but it isn't usually anything like today.

Oh forgot to mention I had 26 putts and 3 sand saves today.

Par 3's are definitely my worst scoring holes, but it isn't usually anything like today.

Oh forgot to mention I had 26 putts and 3 sand saves today.
Damn dude! Getting along with the Yes! today, I like it!

Damn dude! Getting along with the Yes! today, I like it!

I putted extremely well today, I just wasn't missing from inside 10 feet. Gotta say the stat is a bit misleading, my short game was on and I wasn't hitting greens, but my putter has been good for the past 2 weeks.

I putted extremely well today, I just wasn't missing from inside 10 feet. Gotta say the stat is a bit misleading, my short game was on and I wasn't hitting greens, but my putter has been good for the past 2 weeks.
26 putts is 26 putts. Like hearing this buddy

26 putts is insane!

Some nice rounds as of late! Wow Wake, putt numbers are ownage!

I had an 82 today. Won the wednesday comp with 44 points even without a scoring hole. But the worst bit was the 32 putts, must get them down to have better scores.

Another game today at a different course. And i shot a 74 today, 6over so happy with that.

43/42=85, temps were at 43* when we started and 50* when we finished the wind was anywhere from 10 to 20 mph through out the round so I am not terribly disappointed with the score. Made 4 doubles, 2 birdies using only 29 putts (one birdie was a chip in) driver was working very well with 71.4% FWs but the GIRs was a dismal 22%. The GIRs coupled with a less than normal short game really cost me today. It was still great to be out today after the storms that rolled through yesterday.

No idea what i shot but we played fourball matchplay 2 v's 2. Lost 2 and 1. It was great fun as it was a very tight game all day. Anyone could have won it but we went 3 down with 3 to play. I birdied 16 to go 2 down but 17 was halved so it was all over walking off 17

Yesterday, 85 and windy I shot an 82. Today, 55 and windy I shot an 88.. In all fairness, they top dressed the greens and they were a mess today..

I envy anyone with nice enough weather to post in this thread :)

So apparently my new thing is to play well, except on one group of holes. After going out and playing great on the 4's and 5's, but completely sucking on the par 3's, I decided to switch things up a bit today. I went out and was even on the par 3's, 5 over on the par 4's, and 7 over on the 4 par 5's... ouch. And par 5's are usually my scoring holes.

Overall I hit 6 fairways, 7 greens and had 32 putts. After having a phenomenal short game, and putting very well on Tuesday, I couldn't get up and down to save my life today. I did have 2 sand saves (in two attempts), but outside of that my short game was pretty poor.

Absolutely gorgeous day here in East Texas. Shot a 77. Greens were pretty iffy, missed a couple dumb putts.

Cypresswood Golf Club Traditions Course

35-38 Bogied the last hole for a 1 over

Weather for all you Nor-Easters was 70 and light breeze till the clouds blew over and the temp dropped to a chilly 63 BRRRRRRRR!

I played at salt Creek in Chula Vista (6889 yds, 72 par, 73.4 135) today with the 15 yr old girl from Korea. She played the championship tee so I stretched myself for a practice round. She finished 3 under and made the game look so so so easy.

46-40 = 86
2 doubles, 1 triple
5/13 FW
4/18 GIR
34 putts (putted well, just burned a ton of edges)

Ball striking, especially irons was just piss poor and I must get it addressed. Thinking I am straightening my right knee during the swing and it is causing some fats & thins.....played better when I really focused on keeping the knees bent and my eyes on the ball during the swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back