What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a long lunch and went to the range to tryout my new driver swing. I like it. Going to go back to the range once I get out of the sweat shop to practice some more.

Tested the Cleveland F5 in store. I just dis not hit this well at all for some reason. I really was hoping to crush it but just dint hit it any better than my TE Trilogy. Pperhaps it is that I am used to the lower profile of the TE. I will give this another shot in a couple weeks. Love the Mashie hybrids and irons. In fact I nearly bought a set of the new irons.

TapAhoy!

9 holes with a customer.

Saturday 8:06 AM. I am a little nervous though I decided on the 60 a little late and I don't know if it will be in. I need a 100 yard club.

Dude these things are so long its disgusting.

Saturday 8:06 AM. I am a little nervous though I decided on the 60 a little late and I don't know if it will be in. I need a 100 yard club.

Dude these things are so long its disgusting.

I guess you could just swing the 56* a little less hard lol :bulgy-eyes:

Yah unfortunately 3/4 swings are my downfall. I always decelerate and chunk it. =(

I hate when that happens. Chunks are my #1 most hated shot.

Reshafted my Clevelands with DG Spinners. I will play in the morning or go to the range to test them out.

Moved clubs from Bettinardi stand bag back to the Ogio Chamber bag.
Played 9.
Started drafting a review.

Played a few holes and ball hawked for some range balls.

John Deere Tap'n

Watched a couple of episodes of The Golf Fix on DVR, spent some time on THP and shot an 80 today with 4 doulbles.

No power in the house so I putted with the bobby grace in the dark on my putting roll out machine

Played 18, tied my PB for nine holes (39), and that was after a wonderful 49 on the front! Then I stuck around for Alternate night for Wednesday leagues (it's two man teams and there are 3 nights where if you bring an alternate also, the team gets bonus points). We shot a 37 in a 3 man scramble. Short game sucked for all of us.

Watched a couple of episodes of The Golf Fix on DVR, spent some time on THP and shot an 80 today with 4 doulbles.

Nice round. Get rid of those doubles and it could have been really good.

Reshafted my Clevelands with DG Spinners. I will play in the morning or go to the range to test them out.

Nice. I spun a ball like hell today with my recently re-shafted Cleveland CG15/Spinner combo. I have never been a big ball spinner, but today was some PGA Tour type spin. Combination of the Spinners and a Z-Star I was playing with and HOLY SHART. I was tickled freaking pink. It's taken me a bit to get used to the Spinners from the stock Cleveland shafts. Don't know why either.

Got out for 9 holes in the cold and pouring rain. Shaved 8 strokes off my last round so things are looking up.
Was just bombing my driver which was pretty cool.
If I could of just not thinned damn near every iron shot I could of gone low. LOL
Under the crappy conditions it was okay.
Carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow, ugh.
Down for a few weeks of no gawlfin. Nuts.

I dreamt about golf while pretending to pay attention in meetings. ALL. DAY. LONG.

Played 9 in the rain and painted my friend's wedges. Didn't play too well, but the wedges look great! Hopefully he likes them :D

I hadn't swung a club since last Thursday and wanted to shake off the rust. On Thursday I played at Trump International and shot a solid 87. It should have been better. I had a record low for me 30 putts, and had two par sand saves. I didn't lose a ball all day. I did struggle with my irons though and that left a little bit of a bad taste so I re-read The Impact Zone and today started landscaping the back yard with the Tour Striker.

I am happy for the most part. I hit over a 100 balls, and most of the misses were toed but still got up in the air. My miss is thin, and while there were a couple of those, they did get airborne. I am hitting into a net about 10 yards in front so I cannot get a full feel of the ball flight. The next step (tomorrow hopefully) is focusing on alignment and then getting some impact tape and my 5 iron, trying to find the club's center more often. Saturday will be a range morning session but I am going to work mainly on putting.

Hopefully doing this 3 times (50 ball minimum tour striker sessions a week) will lead to improved mechanics.

I completely forgot...I also got a PING i20 20* hybrid today, my set is complete, I love every club in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back