What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrambled 18 at Railwood with some guys I went to high school with. Couldn't putt to save my life. Drives were all over the map. The only thing I hit really well today was my 5 iron. I had some really God awful looking shots today.

I played 18 today and shot a pretty decent 81. All things considered that's usually a fairly normal round for me but the course I was playing today is really hard.

Funny story, I hit a drive about 50 yards in front of me today. I felt like I put a really good swing on it and couldn't figure out what had happened. For whatever reason I didn't realize it but my playing partner told me that the wind had actually started to blow my ball off of the tee as I was starting my downswing. For whatever reason it didn't feel that bad when I made whatever contact I did but the result was fairly embarrassing.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I hit balls for about 45 minutes after taking my daughter to ballet and before my wife's golf lesson. I was rushing through the practice session a little bit, and I was starting to feel it a little bit in the 100 degree heat. I really feel like I was onto something towards the end, so I am really looking forward to getting back out tomorrow.

Watched some PGA coverage before the storms came.

It was a fairly pleasant morning after the thunderstorm passed. Then I spoiled it by going to the driving range.
Just a carryover from the lousy round of golf yesterday, I guess.
Maybe time for another lesson? I'd rather go back to my instructor with some other problem, but it looks like I'll have to get him to repeat everything he went over in the last lesson. Hmph.

Bought a dozen Callaway Chrome Yellows and marked them.
b807af34.jpg

Played 9 with the wife today. We both had a couple of shots at par with make able putts but just couldn't close the deal.
My wife hurt her wrist a little so she called it a day. I proceeded to blow up the last hole to card a double bogey for the round. Kind of sucks but we had a pretty good time.

18 holes great day for gold here.

Played 18, watched a bunch of PGA Championship coverage.

Played 27 holes, remembered why I love the Cleveland Black irons, THP'd and Watched some Golf!

Played 18 at Nags Head Golf Links.

John Deere Tap'n

Played 18 at Metamora Fields CC; was a great morning to play; 70 deg, slight breeze and hardly anybody on the course. Played un 3 1/2 hrs and only waited at holes twice the whole day. Now watching PGA coverage

Watching the PGA Championship while I write a couple lectures.
Working on my swing in the house without a club, focusing on aligning my stance, tempo, and swing path with the hardwood floor.

Booked a tee time and watched the PGA.

Watched some PGA after doing some putting and short iron practice at the range. Snagged a Cleavland Classic Collection 1.5 style blade putter to throw in my office at work for 'break time' putting practice.

Worked at the course this morning, then rode around with Jacqui during some of her round. I hit a few greenside pitch shots.

Watched a heck of a final round in the PGA.

Played a quick 18 this morning with my Stepdad. Shot an 87. Good round for me. Unfortunately when I was taking the cart back, my Stepdad decided to load my trunk with the clubs and somehow snapped my driver shaft.
After that, I was hoping to have a good showing with my picks for the contest. I could use that Amp driver seeing I don't have much money to buy a new safe for my R11.
Oh well, maybe a golf league buddy has an extra TM tipped shaft laying around.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Played 18 at Metamora Fields CC; was a great morning to play; 70 deg, slight breeze and hardly anybody on the course. Played un 3 1/2 hrs and only waited at holes twice the whole day. Now watching PGA coverage

Yea it was nice indeed! Metamora that's a public track yes?

Mr. Howzat kindly gave me grip lessons and swing pointers, I have a feeling this is going to be a long road to learning what I need to know. But I hit a few nice shots with the driver. Good start anyway! Lucky for me (since snow is right around the corner) I am a terrific wife and bought a putting green for Howzat last christmas, which I now plan to take over (tee hee).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back