Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Titleist

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • Top Flight

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • other

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters
Don't laugh but I have been playing a top flight gamer the past couple weeks because a box was given to me. It's been a surprising ball.

the gamer is a great budget ball

I really like the gamer a lot!! I've been playing the Yellow Z Star a lot lately. I have some Z Star X yellow Im gonna use sometime soon. Been getting great deals on golf balls and I have accumulated quite a few. I want to only play one or two from here on. Was at Golf Galaxy and they had a titliest fitting. GOt a sleeve of ProV1 and ProV1x. Will try those out soon. Another great ball I received a sample of was the B330 S. Pretty nice! Nike One Tour's are a favorite too.
Don't laugh but I have been playing a top flight gamer the past couple weeks because a box was given to me. It's been a surprising ball.

All last year I played the Z-Star X. This year I accidentally bought a dozen Z-Star's. Now I don't care for either because both have something the other doesn't.

Z-Star-X: best driving premium ball I have found, great at full iron shots, spins well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it is too clicky for me when putting now that I don't use a putter with an insert in the face
Z-Star: phenomenal on iron shots, around the green and putting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it has too much sidespin off of the driver for me

So, I ended up trying the Penta TP and am a convert. I can't find anythign wrong with the ball other than I can't get it in Tour Yellow.

I'm also a recent convert to the Penta. Replaced the Pro V1 in my bag. It flies longer and spins just as much for me when I need it.

Well, the BF and I played a par 70 course, our 2nd time playing there, and I'm proud of myself. I didn't use my cheapy overrun Pinnacle golf balls, I was using my pink Precepts. And I only lost 2 of them :clapp: Ok, I lost 1. The 2nd one I was able to get out of the water :D

I am getting really attached to the ZStarX balls. There is just something about them that I like better than any other balls that I have tried.

I am getting really attached to the ZStarX balls. There is just something about them that I like better than any other balls that I have tried.

Are these supposed to be longer distance balls than than regular Z Stars? :confuse2:

Are these supposed to be longer distance balls than than regular Z Stars? :confuse2:

they just spin more around the green. so means more spin off the driver also..

edit: really setho? i was told that they spin more than the regular z star.. hmm guess they told me wrong.

nevermind setho i just checked it out.. and ya the person who told me thats was wrong. so sorry about that, just ignore me lol

I voted for Nike. But, I switch around between the One Tour D and the ProV. I played the ProV1x yesterday and just spun the bejesus out of it. I prefer the hop and stop that I get with the Tour D.
NOTE: My driver ss is 105.

What I did find interesting in some above comments was some switching from ProV's to something else. Most golfers don't have a 100+ mph ss . So, IMO, the ProV is not the best ball to use. Based on some reviews Penta seems to be a 90-100mph ss ball. While the ProV is a 100+mph ss ball.

There are dual theories on picking a ball: 1) start at the green and work back 2) start at the teebox and go forward.

I definitely believe in knowing what your drive ss is to pick the ball you are more likely to compress enough for maximum benefit. Once you find the balls that match your swing speed, then pick a ball from that group that has your spin requirements.

I have played the TM Red, which I found, and could absolutely bomb it. It seemed like a club longer than anything else I'd tried. I may buy some of these when my current batch of nike's and prov's get low.

I think the hardest part about choosing a golf ball is everyone's swing differs and even two 100mph driver swings play completely differennt. I was at a Titleist ball fitting this weekend (Golf Galaxy) and the rep was saying that the compression for a ProV1 was 83 and ProV1x was 91. Not sure really how that correlates to SS but I'd be interested to know. I have a two ball sleeve of each. I plan on going to the PGA SS free golf ball fitting again soon because the last time I choose budget ball and it gave me the gamer. Which I did really like.
I voted for Nike. But, I switch around between the One Tour D and the ProV. I played the ProV1x yesterday and just spun the bejesus out of it. I prefer the hop and stop that I get with the Tour D.
NOTE: My driver ss is 105.

What I did find interesting in some above comments was some switching from ProV's to something else. Most golfers don't have a 100+ mph ss . So, IMO, the ProV is not the best ball to use. Based on some reviews Penta seems to be a 90-100mph ss ball. While the ProV is a 100+mph ss ball.

There are dual theories on picking a ball: 1) start at the green and work back 2) start at the teebox and go forward.

I definitely believe in knowing what your drive ss is to pick the ball you are more likely to compress enough for maximum benefit. Once you find the balls that match your swing speed, then pick a ball from that group that has your spin requirements.

I have played the TM Red, which I found, and could absolutely bomb it. It seemed like a club longer than anything else I'd tried. I may buy some of these when my current batch of nike's and prov's get low.

Well I just went and bought some Nike One Tour balls and I was very pleased with them. My last round was the first round I didnt lose a golf ball. I was pretty stoked. Overall I really liked how they played. I bought a sleeve of the Z Stars but never had the opportunity to pull one out.

I love those golf balls. And for the price right now super deal. If they were in yellow.... Haha
Well I just went and bought some Nike One Tour balls and I was very pleased with them. My last round was the first round I didnt lose a golf ball. I was pretty stoked. Overall I really liked how they played. I bought a sleeve of the Z Stars but never had the opportunity to pull one out.

I love those golf balls. And for the price right now super deal. If they were in yellow.... Haha

hahaha, thats exactly why I bought them, 29 bucks for a great ball!

Bought at sleeve of the Yellow Z-Starx. I actually meant to get the regular Z-Star. Oops.

I played with them yesterday and they worked just fine. I had a hard time judging them since I sucked it up so bad. I ended up losing two of them and decided to protect the last one. I will give it a shot the next time I play.

Bought at sleeve of the Yellow Z-Starx. I actually meant to get the regular Z-Star. Oops.

I played with them yesterday and they worked just fine. I had a hard time judging them since I sucked it up so bad. I ended up losing two of them and decided to protect the last one. I will give it a shot the next time I play.

Hawk, be honest with us, this is just a front isnt it? Youre back to gaming the Chromax arent you?

Well, I ran out of e5's and I'm a broke b#%@rd right now. I should have been using the Chromax's since they are water repellent. Apparently, Z-Stars are attracted to it.

Well, I ran out of e5's and I'm a broke b#%@rd right now. I should have been using the Chromax's since they are water repellent. Apparently, Z-Stars are attracted to it.

Ah you got the water z-stars, I seem to have the tree seeking models...

How do you accidentally pick up a sleeve of bright yellow balls??? hahaha, jk

Stupid ball. Making my swing look like it's the problem.

How do you accidentally pick up a sleeve of bright yellow balls??? hahaha, jk

Haha, no I wanted the Yellow Z-Stars, without the X. I was all pumped up trying to figure out which hole I was going to lose them on.

Haha, no I wanted the Yellow Z-Stars, without the X. I was all pumped up trying to figure out which hole I was going to lose them on.

gotcha, my bad, I suck! hahaha

Back