UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - April 2016

I want to be a part of this event with UST to learn more about shafts and how they work for me. I want to hang with cookie, in Dallas and soak it all in.

I have a the grandura TS in my driver, DG Tour issue S400 in irons. Kbs tours in my wedges and diamana in my hybrids.

Good luck everyone!

After seeing how the first event went you gotta be a bit cray cray to not want this experience. I'll gladly join #cookie for this one.

Getting fit the awesome crew at UST with unknown equipment is something special and a I want to experience special.

In my bag

Driver- UST Axivcore green in X

3wd & hybrid are UST Axivcore black in X

Irons- recoil 110F5

Wedges- stock shafts

Putter-stock shaft

I was fit into driver and iron shafts by my coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great event and a chance to have a beer with Cookie again! IM In..

driver - Oban Purple 63 gram regular "03" or Hashimoto 65 gram stiff "04" - play it because I I heard they were great shaft so I gave them a try and so far so good. My dispersion is better with Hashimoto but feel distance might be better with the purple.

fairway wood - 3W and HW Oban Devotion stiff. Again heard they were nice and gave them a try. Feel and distance seem alright.
hybrid - N/A
irons - UST Recoil F4 110. I bought them on reading reviews. Turns out they seem to be working out for me. I love the feel.
wedges - UST Recoil F4 110 in the MD3's. So far they work well but I'm always open to improving.
putter - stock shaft. Never thought about replace the shaft in my putter.

Thanks UST Mamiya and THP!

Just saw a commercial....and hate to make assumptions. But...if they do the driver thing again I'm a little amped after just seeing that XR16 commercial with Boeing. That head when paired with the perfect shaft for me? My goodness....

Another interesting thing for me is that I'm already playing the Recoil F4 110's in my Apex heads and have been very happy with the pairing...but can't help but wonder if it's the best pairing for me. Going to be fun finding out. I tend to not try too many shafts and play what works for me....this will be one hella fun event to see what else I can get from my game.

Just saw a commercial....and hate to make assumptions. But...if they do the driver thing again I'm a little amped after just seeing that XR16 commercial with Boeing. That head when paired with the perfect shaft for me? My goodness....

Another interesting thing for me is that I'm already playing the Recoil F4 110's in my Apex heads and have been very happy with the pairing...but can't help but wonder if it's the best pairing for me. Going to be fun finding out. I tend to not try too many shafts and play what works for me....this will be one hella fun event to see what else I can get from my game.

#12Of14Fwys1stTimeOut

I am thinking/questioning the samething about the F4 110's in my apex. Going to be a great event.

Bummed I can't enter this as I'll already be on vacation that week. Next month!

Excited for this event,as a newcomer to shaft tech this is right up my alley.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, these dates work for me! I'd love to be part of the UST Mamiya and THP Shaft Spectacular!

Driver: Custom Project X Handcrafted
Fairway Woods: Project X LZ 50 6.0 (Stiff, stock Callaway)
Hybrid: Matrix Red Tie HQ4, Stiff (stock Cobra)
Irons: Aerotech SteelFiber i95, Stiff (soft stepped)
Wedges: KBS wedge shaft (stock TaylorMade)
Putter: Stock Odyssey

Having just won one their shafts makes me want in this event even more, but I just can't swing it. So sad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would love to join Cookie in the April UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular!

Driver: Aldila Rogue 60R
Fairways: Project X LZ Reg
Hybrid: Actionlite 55 by UST Mamiya
Irons: Callaway X2 Hot Graphite
Wedges: Genius 9 Graphite by SCOR & UST Mamiya
Putter: True Temper

Damn how to did miss that #Cookie was going to be there? Yes welcome to THP mmaynard!!!

I saw all these posts about join Cookie and thought everyone was pulling for him to get in.

100% disclosure.......cookie made that first post about joining him and I thought it was one of those in jest postings. Then a few more started repeating that which I thought was in good taste and they were being nice. Then a few more and then decided to read the full JB post.

Long story short......you were not alone.

Skimmmmmeeeeers

I want the chance to join cookie in this awesomeness.

Driver: Oban Devotion 6 stiff
3w: Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff
5w: Aldila nv 65 reg
4h: kurokage stiff
5-pw: ProjectX pxi 6.0
50-DG wedge, 54-DG s300, 60-KBS tour v wedge
putter: True Temper

I really just want to meet cookie, but the rest would be cool too. :clapp:

Driver: Proforce V2
3w: Aldila Tour Green Regular flex 55g
3h: Project X Hzrdus stiff 85g
4-pw: KBS Tour stiff 120g
wedges: True Temper DG s300
putter: True Temper

100% disclosure.......cookie made that first post about joining him and I thought it was one of those in jest postings. Then a few more started repeating that which I thought was in good taste and they were being nice. Then a few more and then decided to read the full JB post.

Long story short......you were not alone.

Me? In jest? You know me better than that! :act-up:

Keep those weekend entries coming folks, the 2nd crew will be here next week before we know it and this signup will wrap up!

I'm a shaft dummy. I need help. I find flying a 737 is less complicated to me than shaft talk.

Driver UST Elements Chrome 44F
3 wood UST Elements Chrome 49F
3 & 4 hybrid UST Elements Chrome 54F
5-PW KBS Tour 90
GW SW LW True Temper Dynamic Gold
Putter Odyssey Stock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You had me a #Cookie! BUT, of course I want in on this! I've wanted in since day 1!

Driver: Project X Handcrafted LZ 7.0 X-Flex
Fairway Wood: Tour Issued Miyazaki Kusala X-Flex
Hybrid: Fujikura Speeder 865 X-Flex
Irons: Project X 6.0
Wedges: Project X 6.0
Putter: Stock black Odyssey (no shaft label)

For those that like to wait until the last minute to enter events like this and have a countdown timer going......hope you accounted for the 1 hour time loss last night, would hate for you not to get that last second entry in because of such a silly miscalculation. :alien:

Well heck ok.....

Driver - UST Mamiya Elements Platinum

3W - UST Mamiya Elements Platium

Hybrid APX - UST Mamiya Irod

Irons - UST Mamiya 125 Recoils

Wedges - UST Mamiya Recoils proto

Glad I did a reskim, just realized I didn't enter to go have some #THPFun with Cookie

Driver: Aldila Rogue 70-S
Woods: Project-X Reg Graphite
Hybrid: Aldila Tour Green
4 - AW: Projext-X Reg Graphite
56/60: TrueTemper

Back