Hawks Landing - Orlando FL

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
Just got back from the round. Great place I'm sure if you have ever been to Disney World you had to of seen the giant Marriot Hotel and that's where this place is located right along I4. Here's the pictures!

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

This is the best finishing hole I've played in awhile..Looks great from tee to green only bad thing is that the road is to the left side but little car noise.
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

looks very nice

Betcha it was warm there:devil:

Great looking course, thanks for the pics, that was great.

Very Nice. Enjoyed the Pictures

awesome pics, this course was on the short list of places I wanted to play in Sept, looks like a winner!

Nice pics. Gotta head out there one of these days. Looks like the heat is taking a toll on some of those fairways.

Nice pics. Gotta head out there one of these days. Looks like the heat is taking a toll on some of those fairways.

You are correct. HL used to be one of the best courses in the area conditions wise. It was easily in my top 2-3. Not really there anymore, but still a very very good layout and still definitely worth the trip out to play. Definitely a top 10er for sure. Play during the week if you can due to pace of play.

You are correct. HL used to be one of the best courses in the area conditions wise. It was easily in my top 2-3. Not really there anymore, but still a very very good layout and still definitely worth the trip out to play. Definitely a top 10er for sure. Play during the week if you can due to pace of play.

Funny you mention that...we were flying through our round till we were stuck behind a twosome who was behind a sixsome. The reason we played here was the price 10:40 tee time for $41 each.

The layout is great as JB said..it challenges you in different ways. What I mean is that you place your shots and water comes into play a good amount and makes it beautiful as well. Look up their scorecard or google the overhead of the course and look at #3(par 5) GREAT hole.

Funny you mention that...we were flying through our round till we were stuck behind a twosome who was behind a sixsome. The reason we played here was the price 10:40 tee time for $41 each.

The layout is great as JB said..it challenges you in different ways. What I mean is that you place your shots and water comes into play a good amount and makes it beautiful as well. Look up their scorecard or google the overhead of the course and look at #3(par 5) GREAT hole.

Welcome to Central Florida golf.

I know that Marriott is a behemoth. Did they give you any tips like all the greens slope away from the gigantic hotel? :D

Just a bit on the humid side...nice out though it's worse back home ha!

Humid doesn't begin to describe the weather as of late. Glad you enjoyed the course. I'm not a huge fan but it unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixsome? That is ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more, Most head Pro's at any course would squash that in a second. I'd be pissed

I couldn't agree more, Most head Pro's at any course would squash that in a second. I'd be pissed

Me too. KNowing the folks there, I am shocked that they did, on a Sunday morning no less. It could have been something a little different though. Two 3 somes that are visiting the resort pair up halfway through a round.

Nice pics. Am I the only one who read the title and thought Hawk was visiting Orlando again?

Good looking course and great pics, that comment about the sixsome is kind of crazy. I can see it on a slow week day but never ever on a weekend. I would have been so PO'ed I could not have finished the round.

Me too. KNowing the folks there, I am shocked that they did, on a Sunday morning no less. It could have been something a little different though. Two 3 somes that are visiting the resort pair up halfway through a round.

That's exactly how it looked 2 guys in one cart and another guy in one cart making a threesome but then it was two of them. Sure they joined up together later on in the round..it was the 11th hole and it wasn't slow at all we were on pace for a 3 hour round till running into them. I didn't let it bother my game but it certainly bothered the pops..I loved playing around the hotel though.

I've found it happens quite a bit a down here during the summer, sixsomes and whatnot. I've never played HL so I'm not familiar with it, but I see it frequently during the summer. I was actually just having a conversation with some friends about starting to do it ourselves. If they let others why not. If we all had our own carts we could play in two hours no problem. I'm going to try and take fours carts next time I play as a foursome.

I've found it happens quite a bit a down here during the summer, sixsomes and whatnot. I've never played HL so I'm not familiar with it, but I see it frequently during the summer. I was actually just having a conversation with some friends about starting to do it ourselves. If they let others why not. If we all had our own carts we could play in two hours no problem. I'm going to try and take fours carts next time I play as a foursome.

I ran into that problem the other day, a foursome and twosome who had joined together to make the slowest gropu in history.

Off topic, but that is somethign that always bothers me. Many clubs say you can only have one cart for two people, but then they charge each person for a cart. It seems to me cart fees should be per cart. So if I play alone and cart fees are $10, then they would be $5 a piece if I share a ride. Either that or I should have the option of having my own cart.

I am staying at the Marriot this week. The course looks nice...I can see a bunch of holes from my balcony. I didn't do any research so I didn't even know there was a course at the hotel. I doubt if I get to play HL because I am here for a conference & don't get out until 5:30pm or so each day :[

Only played there once and had a bad experience. Our cart died and upon calling the pro shop, they sent someone out to exchange carts. It took a long time, we got backed up, and when they switched the cart they moved all our belongings into the new cart....except for the scorecard. :banghead:

Otherwise, it was a typical challenging resort course. Wasn't there one hole where you had to cut the corner a bit and if you missed you parked your ball in a condominium or something like that?

Only played there once and had a bad experience. Our cart died and upon calling the pro shop, they sent someone out to exchange carts. It took a long time, we got backed up, and when they switched the cart they moved all our belongings into the new cart....except for the scorecard. :banghead:

Otherwise, it was a typical challenging resort course. Wasn't there one hole where you had to cut the corner a bit and if you missed you parked your ball in a condominium or something like that?

Only hole I can think of was either #2 or #3 but righties had to slice it bad though

I played this course (twice) today. I really enjoyed it, and will definitely be back. The course is pretty short, plays around 6600 from the back, but is pretty challenging due to abundent water, and tight landing areas. I hit my 3wood more than I have in quite a while today. The course offered you alot of options, and gave you 2 good oppurtunities to go for par 5's in two, with two really short par 5's on both sides, as well as 2 challengings ones, the 4th and 18th hole. The greens were hard and fast, and most were multi-tiered. The front was a solid layout, but I really enjoyed the back. I have gotten used to wailing away at my driver, but on most holes I would be through the fairway or landing in a very tight area if I did. I hit Driver on 10 and 18 on the back, and that's it.

The course was in great shape, much better than in TC1's photos. The only downside to the conditioning was the ball marks on the greens, and its hard to blame that on the course itself. The rough was full, fairways were plush, and the greens were fast and true.

I hoped on a groupgolfer deal a few months ago, and played 36 holes of great golf for 50 bucks, you just can't beat that.

Back