bigtazz53

@bigtazzGOLF
Reaction score
Handicap
13.3 GHIN
Was catching the end of Kuchar's round and as they shook hands, he didn't take his hat off.
Is this normal for him?
Thought it was unspoken rule to take off your hat an shake, especially at that level.

Nobody in his pairing took their caps off. Maybe they had a good case of turf rats today :thumb:

Neither did Furyk or his caddy today when Bubba and his caddy did.

Much ado about nothing.

Kuchar is a well known jerk. You can tell because he's always smiling.

Kevin

It happens. Sometime the hand shake is waiting before the lid can come off. I can assure you, Kuchar is one of the nicest guys on tour and either simply forgot or like I said, the handshake was waiting for him before he could shed the hat.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Sure it was nothing

Not a big deal. Kuch is awesome.

Lol @ the title, "KuchEr". Oopsie

Kuchar is a well known jerk. You can tell because he's always smiling.

Kevin
he's a jerk cuz he copied my putting style... that smiling fool hahaha

Maybe he was having a bad hair day.....

Neither did Furyk or his caddy today when Bubba and his caddy did.

Much ado about nothing.

I noticed that too, Furyk is usually pretty good about that. I guess playing with bubba can get to a man lol.

i dont think it was anything

Guess it is something I never paid much attention to, but today it caught me eye.
And it probably is nothing.

Maybe Kucher and Furyk are getting into Ryder Cup mode :confused:

Like others have said, it probably wasnt intentional. I've actual seen it happen a few times where it was previously said that the handshake comes quicker than the hat can come off.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Kuch is a good guy.. One of my favorites. I have to believe it was nothing..

I'll be honest... I am a "older" (46 ) guy, pretty consevative and old school in lots of ways, but to this day having to take the hat off to shake hands has never made any sense to me.

He's getting a little thin up top.

Flattest swing ever next to mine. He's my swing role-model.

He's getting a little thin up top.

Flattest swing ever next to mine. He's my swing role-model.

U kuch and bullfrog for team flatswing

I was just thinking about how I was getting into bullfrog territory today LOL! I'm down with that. He's a much better golfer than I am!

I was just thinking about how I was getting into bullfrog territory today LOL! I'm down with that. He's a much better golfer than I am!

Dude never ever misses a fairway, its unreal

I'm inspired now. I'm going to be swing horizontally by the end of next week.

Just another perspective to Kuchar; a close friend of mine was at a tour event several years ago. Kuchar was on the putting green and several young kids were by the ropes waiting and asking for an autograph. After a few minutes of hearing the kids asking him to sign an autograph Kuchar yelled over to the kids to go away and leave him alone because he was trying to do his job. On one hand I understand because you can't focus on your putting practice if someone is constantly yelling at you to sign an autograph but they are just kids, take 5 minutes to sign a few and get back to practice. Maybe the real blame should go to the tournament for not having security or volunteers to keep the crowd subdued while the pros practice.

Last edited:
Had to be extenuating circumstances to the above. I've seen Kuchar in person at several Tour Championships sign for extended time periods. He also signed after each practice round at last year's PGA at Atlanta Athletic Club.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Back