Adams Golf Releases Speedline 9088 UL Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Providing maximum distance for players who benefit from lighter weight clubs, the industry-leading Speedline 9088 UL drivers combine less overall mass with perfectly balanced weighting and true aerodynamic technology to deliver increased yardages off the tee.

Typically, lighter weight golf clubs with heavy swing weights are difficult for most players to release, which result in shorter drives right of the target line. Weighing in at 290 total grams and a swing weight of D0, the exceptional design features of the Speedline 9088 UL drivers has culminated in the highest performing lightweight driver on the market. By using a 45 gram shaft (Matrix Radix HD) with a slightly higher balance point in combination with a lightweight club head, the balance of the overall club ensures longer, easier-to-hit shots that go straighter with less dispersion. Just as in the entire Speedline series of drivers, an aero-shaped crown creates less drag and less airflow turbulence for increased club head speed. The swing weight of the Speedline 9088 UL driver also better matches the rest of a player's set, ensuring more consistent shots from club to club. Thus, the Speedline 9088 UL driver is the first in the industry to combine the proven benefits of aerodynamic shaping with perfectly balanced lightweight club construction to give players of all types more consistent distance.

"Our extensive testing showed that many lighter weight drivers on the market ended up with very high swing weights, which most players tended to hit to the right," said Scott Burnett, Director of Advance Product Development. "We solved that problem by balancing the weight throughout the entire club, creating lighter inertia around the grip, allowing players to hit the ball straighter. The result is they don't have to put as much effort into actually releasing the club."

The Speedline 9088 UL standard driver will ship to golf shops beginning August 1. The draw model will ship September 15. The suggested retail price (SRP) for the Speedline 9088 UL driver is $399.99. Available lofts and flexes are as follows:

Standard Model:

Right-Hand ~ 9.5, 10.5, 12.5 (lite, regular and stiff flexes)

Left-Hand ~ 9.5, 10.5 (lite, regular and stiff flexes)

Draw Model:

Right-Hand ~ 9.5, 10.5, 12.5 (lite, regular and stiff flexes)

2042065.jpg

That is just crazy light with a swingweight of D0. Look forward to hearing how this feels throughout the swing and if it is any more difficult to keep on the golfer's swing plane.

Interesting looking driver,,,,not sure about the ultra lightweight design. I know Adams has a great reputation for fairway woods and Hybrids....but I've never hit one of their drivers.

interesting, i like the choice of stock shaft though

I've hit a few Adams drivers and they just never felt right to me. Maybe this one would be different.

Can't wait to try this one. The Adams F11 is a really good driver in my opinion. If this is better than the F11 then I may give it a serious look.

This is really going for the lightweight championship! Great to see another OEM going with a good stock shaft offering too.

Nice looking driver. I didn't notice if Adams was using the speed slot technology on this driver.

Hopefully this one comes to THP for a review. I'd like to see how it performs vs the other lightweight drivers out there.

A little off topic but why do these OEM's never offer 12.5 loft in LH?

Interesting, from the one pic I think its pretty good looking. Does it also have the "velocity slot" like the F11 or is it just a light driver similar to the cleveland series?

That driver head is sweet, and sleek looking. Can't wait to get my hands on one and try it out.

This is a great looking driver. Will be interested to see what people think about how light it is.

The explanation of the technology and swing weight sure seems to make sense. Would love to take a few swings with it.

The explanation of the technology and swing weight sure seems to make sense. Would love to take a few swings with it.

Time for OEM to ponder, see you over in that thread.

I am a recent convert to the possibilities of higher loft and lighter shaft. Definitely interested in this one. Looks pretty snazzy too

Time for OEM to ponder, see you over in that thread.

OEM doesn't have time to post in that thread. He goes from ponder to purchased in micro seconds. Look for that post in the what did you buy today thread

OEM doesn't have time to post in that thread. He goes from ponder to purchased in micro seconds. Look for that post in the what did you buy today thread

No way dude, I dont want to end up in someones Morgan Cup video getting trashed lol

Looking forward to hearing more thoughts on this.

Too small a pool that will buy them.

Understandable, but it's not even something that can be ordered?

I'm looking forward to swinging this.. I've definitely warmed to the idea of a lighter club, but I wonder if this one may be way too light for me haha!

I find it interesting that quite a few companies are releasing at least one driver focused on being light.. If it works, it works I guess!

Speedline 9088 UL Driver

Speedline 9088 UL Driver

Feel free to merge this if it's already being talked about. Couldn't find it in search.

Adams Golf is releasing their latest driver, the Speedline 9088 UL Driver, later this month. If it's any improvement over the last drivers, I think it could be one of the best drivers on the market. In the simulators, I was absolutely smacking the other Speedline drivers. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of this, and I'll definitely be hitting it. Check it out here: http://adamsgolf.com/products/drivers/speedline_9088ul.php

speedline_9088ul.jpg

EDIT: Stupid Phone Search. Sorry guys.

i too would like to see thp get their hands on one..

I happen to be one that isn't fond of this direction of going "lighter".

Back