Tiger playing the Firestone!!

Well it's great for the sport, but I'm actually not that excited.

cool! I am curious to see how he'll do.

also: Jzier no nike hybrid!! come on!

Wanted to replace it but the extra small Nike Vr heads just don't suit my eye. Even tried the Titleist 910H but to me the 909 feels better.

Are we not allowed to say anything about Tiger other than good stuff here too?

As they say, If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything, so I'll keep quiet.
:popcorn:

What a joke. Get practicing and get a caddy before you get back on the course Tiger. I just hope he doesnt make a fool of himself.

I can't help but wonder what is going to happen. I expect Tiger to play like a train wreck and to spout about it too. I hope his caddy is used to picking up clubs instead of being handed them. You know that the tourney is stoked to have him though. Are we going to see the Stack and Tilt Tiger or maybe we will see something more old school. It is a shame that his body is failing when it should be at its peak.

He has a caddy, and he has been practicing. Just not with foley. Its kindof a joke that you said that actually.

What a joke. Get practicing and get a caddy before you get back on the course Tiger. I just hope he doesnt make a fool of himself.

Well from previous posts I figured he's just sat around and healed and then gonna go to the tourney and 'Figure it out'.

Just another case of tiger being bigger news than the tournament itself.

He has a caddy, and he has been practicing. Just not with foley. Its kindof a joke that you said that actually.

To be fair, I think many were going off of his own coach's thoughts. Now obviously looking back, the key word is "we", but most did not think that when they first came out. Now obviously this article is from last week or so and things have changed since then.

Tiger Woods’ swing coach, Sean Foley revealed that Woods has not hit the practice rounds since the Players Championship and he has no plans of changing that status anytime soon.

Foley gave his statement through a text message on Tuesday night. He wrote, “We have not hit any balls. And I have no idea what his plans are as far as when he plays again. It’s up to the doctors.”

The message infers that the former world number one will not play in the PGA Championship, which is the next major of the season. Earlier, Woods missed the US Open and the Open Championship, owing to his lingering knee injury, which aggravated during the third round of the Masters. The veteran did not pull out of the event despite the pain he was going through, and managed to finish in the top four.

However, he could not carry the same level of patience to the course during the Players Championship and withdrew right after the first nine holes. Ever since, he has not touched the clubs, on the advice of his doctors.

Since Woods has not been practicing for a while now, there are chances that the veteran won’t play in the last major of the season along with the final leg of World Golf Championships, Bridgestone Invitational. But some news channels have been been making claims that the seven-time winner of Bridgestone Invitational will compete in the event, but with a new caddie.

Woods announced his split with long-time caddie Steve Williams on the onset of AT&T Championship, in which Williams carried bags for Adam Scott.

PGA Championship and Bridgestone Invitational are scheduled in the same week. This means, if the player fails to show up in the first one, then he is certain to miss the next as well. Secondly, Woods has never competed in an event without running through practice sessions before the competition.

No word has been received from Woods or his agent on the matter though, and as long as they don’t come out with an official statement, nothing can be confirmed regarding Woods’ tour schedule for this season.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Sean-Foley-Tiger-Woods-not-practicing-for-the-PGA-Championship-a86653

Kind of ironic considering that his coach just said that "we have not hit any balls"....

That was my first thought as well... If he hasnt hit a ball since he last walked off the course, how could he possibly be ready to compete?

I believe it when I see it...who's on his bag? And I don't mean the girl du jour

:laughing:

Im not a big Tiger fan, but I am a fan of watching a good golf tournament. If he is announcing he is going to play, thats great, I am just really tired of these announcements, then he leaves mid round because he isnt ready to play yet.

in a perfect world tiger would go out and play and have fun, you would see him smile and laugh about the bad shots...people would maybe, just maybe think better of him..

but no doubt he will play badly, curse and shout and throw some clubs and look like death warmed up for the whole 4 days..and ths will re-affirm peoples opinions..

would be happy to be proven wrong..

in a perfect world tiger would go out and play and have fun, you would see him smile and laugh about the bad shots...people would maybe, just maybe think better of him..

but no doubt he will play badly, curse and shout and throw some clubs and look like death warmed up for the whole 4 days..and ths will re-affirm peoples opinions..

+1 my man!

I don't disagree with you on bit...But Tiger never has given us the warm and fuzzies during his career. They always make a deal when he does smile and shows his pearly whites. It's more common for him to be super serious and grinding away. I think we will get this more than the warm and fuzzies, and this what I have come accustomed to seeing along with some great shot making. Now I iwll be surprised if he plays well, pleasantly surprised.
What I actually looking forward to seeing is if the top guys in the game raise their game if TW does play well. Phil said in an interview that he is pushed when TW is healthy and playing well. If TW plays well will we see some great golf out of the rest of the stars....I sure hope so! But I ain't holding my breath

7 time winner on this course natural pick to come back

Kind of ironic considering that his coach just said that "we have not hit any balls"....

I believe it when I see it...who's on his bag? And I don't mean the girl du jour

If Tiger has ANY kind of hope of saving a small percentage of his once had image (dont even think it's possible anymore) then he needs to do exactly that. Whether he is capable of doing this or not, I have no idea.

Well it's great for the sport...

What exactly does this mean? It's great for the network that is covering the event in that it will bring in more viewers which should equal more dollars. It's great for the tournament itself as it will sell more tickets, concessions, shirts, hats...
But how is it good for golf as a whole? It was when he burst onto the scene many years ago, but him not playing and playing and not playing and playing can't be good for the sport.

I've just been going by what TW himself said on the last day of the AT&T, during the TV interview on Sunday, TW said "I have not hit any balls since I withdrew on the advice of my doctors, but I have been doing some putting."

Granted that was a few weeks back now, so it will be interesting to see what happens, especially since Foley evidentally didn't even know he had been hitting balls or was planinng on playing.

To be fair, I think many were going off of his own coach's thoughts. Now obviously looking back, the key word is "we", but most did not think that when they first came out. Now obviously this article is from last week or so and things have changed since then.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Sean-Foley-Tiger-Woods-not-practicing-for-the-PGA-Championship-a86653

Ironically, it is what I had thought initially... but then put off as my own "consipiracy theory" until I brought up the "we" word yesterday. I just couldn't get past why he used that terminology. It is a politician's word.

Maybe when he comes back he will carry his own bag like some of us THPers just to prove to the world that the knee and achilles are better.

Thank god there is no cut otherwise it would be a short weekend for Mr Woods.

Go Tiger! Prove all these aholes wrong!

Go Tiger! Prove all these aholes wrong!

I'm going to be so sorry when he comes back. I'll look like an idiot and be forced to eat my words. Ugh. Words taste like crap too.

I'm going to be so sorry when he comes back. I'll look like an idiot and be forced to eat my words. Ugh. Words taste like crap too.

I can't wait til you have to. Golf needs him.

Maybe when he comes back he will carry his own bag like some of us THPers just to prove to the world that the knee and achilles are better.

Serious golfers walk

Back