Rory Going to PGA Tour?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumors have been floated around that Rory M will make the jump to the PGA Tour next season and move to the states. He addressed it at his presser. Says he is shopping for a home in FL as we speak. I believe he touched on this on twitter as well. I would be willing to bet we see Lake Nona, Isleworth or Jupiter in his future.

Good stuff. I really hope so, nothing but good for the PGA.

Well Lee Westwood and Monty wont be happy. It's prob. because he's moving closer to his new gf.

Very interesting. I'm looking forward to having him on the PGA Tour. He's an enjoyable guy to watch and I think he will do well.

That's good for the Tour. I thought Rory already had a place in FL with a large practice facility?

John Deere Tappin...

would love to see this and hope its true! It just makes sense, and he'd make a bit more cash right? I'm sure the sponsorships over here might be better or I'm really just assuming that?

In addition to larger purses, more tournaments, etc....I would think this is a great marketing move for him too where he will gain more exposure here in the US?

That's good for the Tour. I thought Rory already had a place in FL with a large practice facility?

John Deere Tappin...

Unless that's a joke about Tiger? But no he had it in Ireland not FL

In addition to larger purses, more tournaments, etc....I would think this is a great marketing move for him too where he will gain more exposure here in the US?

Exactly what I was going to say. He will make a ton more here than across the pond.

Wise decision for Rory!

he needs to do this. Best move he could make

He has the drive to be the best, and understands that if he wants to be the best, he has to play more here. Well done Rmac. I hope Chubby didn't try to talk you out of it.

Great for both the PGA Tour and for Rory, I hope this really pans out. Who knows, maybe he'll buy Tiger's old place and start working out with GG.

Don't know why, but I don't really care. He was on the PGA Tour last year and won Rookie of the Year. Then he left the tour and now he comes back. That means the tour will gain what 4 more events with Rory? I think it's probably a good move for him seeing how the PGA Tour is where it's at, but it doesn't get me all that excited.

I'm glad he is making the move. It's good for the tour and it should be good for him.
He spoke about being able to go out as a normal person in his interview with David F. If he keeps on his present course of winning, a normal life will not be afforded in the states, hope is prepared. Glad he is not following Lee W and staying in Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. I'm looking forward to having him on the PGA Tour. He's an enjoyable guy to watch and I think he will do well.

Agreed. It's going to be fun to watch him here on the PGA. Smart move Rory!

More of the better young players will be great for the Tour, I like this move a lot

I wonder if he feels like his choice for the 2011 season was a mistake or if he's just looking for a change of scenery.

Don't know why, but I don't really care. He was on the PGA Tour last year and won Rookie of the Year. Then he left the tour and now he comes back. That means the tour will gain what 4 more events with Rory? I think it's probably a good move for him seeing how the PGA Tour is where it's at, but it doesn't get me all that excited.

He didn't win ROTY. Fowler won it.

This would be great for both the tour and him.

Well thats good for the tour. I thought Rory said he may play around 12 events next year here in the US on Ferehtys (sp?) show.

He didn't win ROTY. Fowler won it.
....and that argument will always wear on about that ROTY.

I think this is great for Rory. His game defiantly fits the american style better and I think you'll see him move higher up the WR if he plays in the States full time.

he needs to do this. Best move he could make

Agree 100% with this. I'm looking forward to seeing him more often. He's a great talent.

Good to have him in the states just to prove that the PGA has the best players in the world. I thought he had a place in Jupiter already? Although it would be nicer if he goes to Lake Nona with the rest of the European Ryder Cup team.

I think it would be a smart move for him. I think it would increase his marketability.

Back