A Thank You - Morgan Cup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We will have a full recap thread after the Cup like we do all of our events, but I wanted to take the opportunity to say a few words right here. I have been up for about 4 days, so if the ramblings go on longer than usual, dont hold that against me.

When this whole thing came up as an idea, it sounded great on paper and by paper I mean this tiny brain of mine. After months of planning, it became real and then after a few more months it arrived. This was about a vision I had to give 16 guys the weekend of their lives as a tour experience. Due to some outside circumstances, I had to step away from behind the scenes and assist in front of the camera on the golf course.

Never one to complain, GolferGal took the ball and ran with it. The guys in the Morgan Cup have seen her tireless efforts come to fruition and sleepness nights spent working, but those on the forum and readers around the world may not know what this special person has put into this. For the last 4 weeks, she has worked nearly 18 hours a day to get this to what you are seeing now. She has not only turned my vision into a reality, but taken it to another level entirely.

I have always said that I am the luckiest man in the world to share my life with someone so special and I think the 16 guys here this weekend are seeing that first hand. She has not only incredible patience to put up with me and my crazy ideas (along with many other things), but also her ability to take something that seemed so right and take it to another level.

She is not alone and I want to send more thank yous to Tadashi, Setho, and SW FL for their tireless work. They have taken what we are doing out there (some might call it golf) and brought it to everybody around the world. Working closely with GG to get shots out quickly and interviews done well. They are working their tails off and the only reason they are doing it, is because of THP and the people that are here that want to see it. Some amazing people doing amazing things.

I absolutely cannot forget The Breeze and The Annihilator for all of their hardwork. CB is working his butt off both in front of the camera playing golf and then running inside to help with the stuff behind the scenes. These 2 guys are what is keeping this thing going.

And all of this leads back to this incredible woman. She is my wife, my love, my everything. The backbone to all things THP. And most of all, the greatest person I have ever met. She is the reason I wake up in the morning and work my ass off. She is also the reason that we are all here able to talk about things like The Morgan Cup.

Keep up the great work GG. You amaze me!

Just perfect JB, Thanks GG, JB, SethO, SWFL, Tadashi70, TaylorMade, Callaway and anyone else that had anything to do with this.

Way to go gg, you guys are an awesome couple. And the coolest ppl ever to run a forum

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Doubt it could be said better!! Thanks to all involved in bringing this to the masses at THP; even though I know we really have no idea how much effort has really gone into this.

This is an awesome experience not only for those there but also for those of us that get to watch and root for our favorite team. Thank you GG, JB and all those behind the scene that have made this possible for all the rest of us.

Awesome post, again thank you to all involved, Callaway, TaylorMade and those listed and not listed above who have contributed in any way. I love THP and everything it is.

Good work all of you, especially GG. She is the shiznit!

A big thank you to all who have made this possible for not only those participating but those of us watching from afar.

A big thank you to all who have made this possible for not only those participating but those of us watching from afar.

What he said, this a great even whatever way you look at it!

Thank you to everyone for making this possible. It was awesome watching the action today!

Standing next to GG all day yesterday and then at her hosted MC party last night, you would never know she has been working her tail off. She smiled, laughed, supported, directed, hosted but never complained. Everyone that attended the party had something to eat. Some didn't eat meat only fish, taken care off. Some only salad, taken care of, some only chicken or turkey, taken care of! The hostess with the mostess doesn't quit fit. We will have to think of another term for this women. Grace under fire, most def!!! If GG is the backbone of THP we are all in for a long wonderful ride. I'm glad I got to see it up close and personal!

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Great post JB, GG has been working tirelessly and has been simply incredible. An amazing job that we cannot say thank you enough for.

A big Thanks to everyone that is working on this for all of THP! JB, GG, the MC'ers, Tadashi, Setho, and SW, and everyone that has been doing everything they can to be able to share this phenomenal experience to us that cant be there! Cant begin to describe the appreciation that I have, as well as most everyone around THP has, for all that y'all have done to share this with everyone!

Thanks again!

W.E

Awesome post....thanks Morgan! And thanks to all the other helpers. Also, thank you jb. You really haven't done much though...I kid

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Great post JB and tadashi. Thanks to everyone who has made this a great experience for everyone here at THP.

Thank you all so much! The real thank you belongs to the volunteers, SethO, Tadashi and SW as well as the 2 most amazing people I have ever met who I owe my life to, Coolbreeze and TheAnnihilator. These two guys have been here to help me every step of the way when it has come to the IT work. They are the reason we had live streaming video on Friday and they are the reason we had any video today. I know I wasn't able to get the video published as quickly as I had hoped today, and I sincerely apologize for that. I am usually a pretty good planner and organizer but things didn't quite go as I had planned. With the additional help tomorrow from Spank818 and Calebt17 I am confident we will be an even better oiled machine.

Of course I can't leave out the 16 guys who are playing in this event because they are doing an absolutely phenomenal job! They are taking and listing to directions, making the best videos a person could ask for and making sure to get out there and have fun.

JB, GG. Thank you both for making The Morgan Cup amazing for 16 lucky individuals and for all of us not down there. I know I have enjoyed watching the rounds, and getting the sneak peaks at the clubs, apparel and everything else that was sent to THP HQ.

Tadashi, Setho, and SW FL, Thank you for helping us at home see what is going on.

Very well said. I gotta say this site wouldn't be what it is without all the behind the scene work done by JB and GG. There isn't enough thank yous out there for what you guys do.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Very well said. I gotta say this site wouldn't be what it is without all the behind the scene work done by JB and GG. There isn't enough thank yous out there for what you guys do.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.
The relationship you and GG have is very special and all of us who visit this site see it and appreciate it.

Great message JB and a great event. I'm sure there are many of us here that wish we could be there helping in some way.

Everyone involved deserves our sincerist thanks! It has been fantastic to follow this thing from the announcement to completion tomorrow. I am so proud of everyone and proud to be a part of the THP family!

Absolutely great coverage!! Kept abreast of the Team Paradise boatrace today via twitter & here.

Thank you everyone behind the scenes for making this possible!

Well done everyone

Last edited:
Awesome post JB, thanks to all you guys/gals for all you do to bring this great forum and event to us!

Awesome post JB! I was lucky to see just a small part off GG's work this past May at the Outting and can't begin to imagine the work involved with pulling this off. I haven't met tadashi, setho,or the anhialator but I have met both coolbreeze and sw fla and both of them are top notch guys and all of us hacks really appreciate your hard work. Also to you JB, you don't give yourself enough credit for the hard work you put in around here. Your vision and management of THP has made this place so much more than anything else on the web. I try to tell my friends about this place but words do it no justice, you have to experience it to understand.

Thank you to everyone who is involved. Everyone who is helping is why this forum is such a great place. To put something like the Morgan Cup together and then have live streaming is unbelievable. Thank you again everybody

Back